Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2012, 20:39   #151
BHPian

Re: Sam Kapasi is NO MORE :(

Rest in peace The Yeti®. Like many, his threads were one of the reasons I stopped being a lurker and joined. I was so badly waiting for another thread from him. It's sad.
Old 23rd September 2012, 20:46   #152
Senior - BHPian

What the? No, not him. He had miles to go. I am shocked and still cannot believe this. Though I have never had an opportunity to see him in person, going by his posts, I'm sure he's one heck of an entertainer for the world around him. My memories are afresh of his travel in a nano from Bombay to Delhi, a BHPian catching up with him en-route who got him snacks, binging on beer in a Bangalore party, buying the red Polo. Such was his flair for putting pen on paper. He had replied me once in his coffee thread.

It is further sad to know he is no more due to an automobile. How can he leave us orphaned thus? I am sad. I think I have to console myself more than anyone.

My humble request to the mods - can you somehow please make the title of this thread a bit sober, it really gives you a jolt, a mini attack of sorts. Please please please.

Sorry for being selfish in consoling myself above. I should have thought if it hurts me this bad, who had never even talked to him once, how bad it can feel for his close ones. My heartfelt condolences to the grieving family and the T-BHP family. RIP Sameer Singh Kapasi. Meet you in the other world, if at all there is one.

Last edited by thoma : 23rd September 2012 at 21:01.
Old 23rd September 2012, 20:49   #153
BHPian

I remember reading his thread when his wife bot a VW car. It was so fulla fun and hilarious. The man lived a full life, he wrote so well. His sense of humor was spot on. I wish I had met him at least once. Such a beautiful life snuffed out on 4 wheels is just not fair. Will read all his threads on Music.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd September 2012 at 20:57.
Old 23rd September 2012, 20:52   #154
BHPian

What !! Im speechless at the moment. The guy was a poet. He literally took me to places with his writing. RIP Sam. Wonderful person. :(
Old 23rd September 2012, 20:53   #155
Senior - BHPian

Really sad to hear this news. One of the dynamic personalities of this forum is no more.

Sam's blogs were one of the strong reasons i got hooked on to this forum in the initial days

Rest in peace mr Sam kapasi.
Old 23rd September 2012, 20:53   #156
BHPian

I am shocked and saddened by this news. Yetiblogs were a big part of my Tbhp life. May his soul RIP.
Old 23rd September 2012, 20:54   #157
Senior - BHPian

Thats a very sad news.Sam was in Hyderabad with us during 2011 Auto Show and briefly met him up at the JBL stall.He will be missed very badly on Team BHP.
May his soul rest in peace and condolences to his family and jenny.
A photo with Sam, myself and Team Bhpian KKR2k2(Raj Shekar)
Attached Thumbnails
Sam Kapasi is NO MORE :(-dsc00002.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2012, 20:58   #158
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

This news is really shocking. No offence, but at first I thought this thread was just a joke - and I really hoped that this news wasnt true - until I opened the thread.

I have met Sam only once - that too during on of Team-BHP's first meets. He seemed lika a real crazy fellow then. After seeing his threads - I realised that he is crazy - the kind of person who will always smile. The kind of person - that would always make you smile and even laugh. He was soo full of life in everything that he did - be it related to automobiles or otherwise.

Even after typing this - I am really in a state of shock.

God bless you Sam and my deepest condolences to his family and loved ones.

Last edited by v12 : 23rd September 2012 at 21:01.
Old 23rd September 2012, 20:58   #159
Senior - BHPian

I still can't come to terms with this. How incredibly sad. May God give strength to his family. We had never met before, but I have gone through all of his threads. He was a born artist. R-I-P Sam, we will miss you.
Old 23rd September 2012, 20:59   #160
Senior - BHPian

This news just refuses to sink in. RIP Sam. Thank you so much for having given us all the chance to share the joy that was your life.

Jenny, my deepest condolences. All my prayers are with you and your family.
Old 23rd September 2012, 20:59   #161
BHPian

The news comes as a rude shock. Knew him like most only thru his writings in the forum, but still feels like a huge loss.

R.I.P. Sam. May God give the strength to his family in the tough times.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:01   #162
Senior - BHPian

This is sad news and I can't believe what I was reading from Samurai's post in FB.

Sam Kapasi is one of the few whos posts in here made many close to him without even having a personal meet up.

Sam’s family got all my sympathy. The thread he started about English is simple yet more powerful I use it as a quick reference in many time. I'm going to miss him very badly.

Rest in Peace Sam, you will be remembered for a long time!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd September 2012 at 21:05. Reason: Removed font tags from post.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:01   #163
BHPian

May your soul rest in peace and thanks for all the wonderful yetiblogs which regaled so many of us. You will be missed.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:02   #164
BHPian

RIP Sam. We will miss your blogs and the lucidity that they carried. Condolences to the family.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:03   #165
Senior - BHPian

RIP Sam, you would be sorely missed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks