Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:03   #166
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sam Kapasi is NO MORE :(

This is really really sad. Read the opening post multiple times over to see if there was a catch knowing that this was about Sam the serious entertainer.

May he rest in peace. His presence on the forum will be missed. What he has already scripted will be with us forever.

My condolences to his family.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:07   #167
BHPian

Shocked and sad to hear the news. RIP Sam. You will be missed. :(
Condolences to his family.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:07   #168
BHPian

This is a shocking news :(
RIP Sam. we will miss you a lot.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:08   #169
Senior - BHPian

I remember the first time I met him, at a mega meet in '08. Was new to Team-BHP then, and quite excited to meet certain members, of whom Sam was one. I introduced myself, he was very warm, and even though we spoke for only a minute or two, he always remembered me when we met after that. Impressive for a man whose fan base must certainly run into millions.

My last interaction with him was fairly recent. While walking through chaotic traffic close to home last week, I happened to spot the Yeti tapping away on his phone in the back seat of the Superb.

I knocked on the window, he turned to look and his face lit up. We were seeing each other after a long time. We exchanged a few words and then I suggested he walk with me, since he would reach home quicker that way and I was walking through traffic anyway. So he hopped out of his car and we walked together through the chaos for about ten minutes, having a rather animated Apple vs Samsung discussion. And typical of every interaction I have had with the Yeti, this was a very interesting and memorable conversation.

I still cannot, and do not, want to believe that he is no more. And I cannot imagine what this must be like for those on this forum who started their Team-BHP journey with him way back in '05. I loved his writing, I loved his ways, I loved how he lived his life and all he did for us, his friends. I wanted to be like him.

RIP Sam. I will miss bumping into you buying flowers / stuck in traffic / randomly meeting in an elevator. I will miss how every meeting with you turns into an occasion. I will miss the madness. I will miss you. Team-BHP will miss you.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 23rd September 2012 at 21:09.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:08   #170
BHPian

I thought it was a joke too. Rest in Peace. Miss your writings. :(
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:08   #171
BHPian

RIP Sam.

Though it was only through his threads that I knew him, the way he shared his life with all of us makes me feel as if I knew him very well.

A very rude reminder of what fleeting lives we all live.

Not everyone can exude as much positiveness and live life to the maximum as this man did.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:09   #172
BHPian

Its indeed a very sad news, I remember reading his t'logs and they were always so full of energy and humor.

May God rest his soul in peace and give strength to the family through this difficult time.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:10   #173
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely shocked & saddened by this unfortunate turn of events. God speed Sam Kapasi, may your soul RIP. My heartfelt condolences to the family.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:11   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
To be honest,....I'd probably kill myself and destroy a good car.
You wrote this once, Sam!

One didn't expect this one to come true, that was not how it was supposed to be.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:12   #175
naughty001

rest in peace sir and condolences to the family

it is always devastating to hear of news like this and i can only echo what most of the others above me have said

Old 23rd September 2012, 21:12   #176
BHPian

I just came to know about Sam.
Though I am typing this I am still yet to come terms about Sam leaving us.
His travelougues were filled humour and his thread with creative insights.
In fact his thread helped me choose my car as well as the colour.
I will remember him everytime I drive it.
Rest In Peace
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:15   #177
BHPian

RIP Sam, you will be sorely missed. My heartfelt condolences to your loved ones.

It is odd that only this afternoon I was explaining to my kids where the word 'Yeti' came from when they asked me about the Skoda Yeti ahead of us.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:20   #178
BHPian

Still trying to come to terms that Sam the mighty Yeti is not part of us. Last week was reading his latest pumpkin adventure and now We are all helping him by adding the end credits to his last blog. Not fair, heard loads of Tyre bursts but can this be so cruel, All survived and are safe and Sam was not given a chance, was hooked on to his thread on his land rover discovery.

R.I.P. Sam- For us the Yeti still lives in our hearts.

Condolences to Jenny and Sam's parents. May god give you all the strength to his family in this really tough time.

-Sajan
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:21   #179
BHPian

I only knew him through his extremely gripping and entertaining articles here, still a part of me feels I knew him and feels sad to know this has happened to him.

My deepest condolences to his family. May his soul rest in peace.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:24   #180
Senior - BHPian

This is horrible news. I once had a PM conversation with him. A person who was so busy in his schedule, had humble nature to respond back to my PM. At that point of time, I realized that Sam's Mother had left for heavenly adobe long ago.

Sam's threads were simply brilliant, and also taught me a lot of new words. When not in good mood, start reading any of his threads, he was like "be happy in any circumstance " which is true essence of life.

Sam is best described as "Life, live it happily and King Size". This was also apparent in one image where in all initial team mebers who started TBHP were standing together, and in that image, Sam was the one who was standing on GTO's Jeep ( IIRC ). Request Mods/Anyone to share that image on this thread and upload the same in the first post.

RIP SAM..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks