Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2012, 17:35   #91
BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

In this particular case, If the H'ble High Court confirms a Death Penalty for the guilty. The legislators should pass a bill to make the hanging of the victims public through news channels. This is a practical first step.
Old 20th December 2012, 17:58   #92
BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
While I highly condemn what has happened with the girl and since we are talking about reforms, I want the following to happen:
100% agere with all your points! THIS is what will put a lid on such acts of depravity.

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st December 2012 at 08:39. Reason: Dont quote large posts for a one line reply
Old 20th December 2012, 18:01   #93
BHPian

Ok . Delhi has " reported " 582 cases of so far this year. 100 more than last year.

Add the 583rd one, that has me boiling ever since. I have 2 kids at home, and first thing I did was to call home and speak to them. How does one even think about doing something like this ?? A 3 year old raped in her own play school, by a person who should have taken care of her.

=================
Amid the horror of the gang rape comes another shocking news of a three-year-old girl raped at her playschool in Sagarpur area of southwest Delhi. The minor was raped by the husband of the playschool owner. The accused Pramod has been arrested... Castration and death seem too small a punishment.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/d.../1/238598.html
Old 21st December 2012, 03:13   #94
BHPian

I think what has happened with the 'rod' part of the incident was a calculated and cold blooded crime. These goons had the rod with them at the beginning of the crime. They were out that night to rape any girl and the rod seems to be a measure of preventing any proof against them. From their mentality, they seem to have typically rural or rather uneducated views, where to cause an abortion many a times sticks of certain plants are inserted into the genitalia of the woman and other such medieval methods. These not only cause damage to the organs but also ensure no pregnancy.

By using the rod, not only did they ensure no child was born out of this rape, but also ensured that the girl is not able to bear children ever in life. Please recognise the gravity of this crime and its premeditated nature.

Also the consumption of alcohol had been highlighted in many reports. Later on they may argue that being inebriated, they did not realise the gravity of their actions. If they were so inebriated, they wouldnt have been even able to carry out the rape, due to the effect of alcohol on their bodies. But not only did they rape the girl, they tortured her with an iron rod. Not beat her with it, but repeatedly insert it into her genitalia. If this isnt premeditated, what is?!?

I wish members stop trying to justify rape. Ive not been able to concentrate on work post this incident. This is one of the most brutal incidents i've ever heard of. And those wolves deserve punishment.

Because the law and order is in such a bad state in our country. Even, in the past two days few more cases have happened around the country and two in Delhi. Maybe in an ideal situation, anger wouldnt work, but in a country like ours where nothing gets done without mob participation, i think we have all the right to be angry and violent towards these criminals.

Dont just chop of their genitalia. No that will cause a temporary pain. Torture them everyday and make it public on tv. Till their last breath torture them. Then only the fear will start to build up in men and thoughts of rape will not surface. A few such punishments will then make situtation better in the country. Criminals are having a jolly good time, escaping with life terms and imprisonments. Stone them. Torture them. Thats what they deserve for what they did to that poor girl.

Please pray for the girl even if you dont support the punishment to criminals. She didnt deserve it. Nor does any other woman, sister, daughter. We may move on with our lives, but her life is destroyed. Please stop justifying the rape. Just say a prayer for her.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 21st December 2012 at 03:41.
Old 21st December 2012, 08:40   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

My heart goes out to the poor girl. As per today's news, they have removed her small intestine. Its not sure if its permanent or temporary

Whatever it is, its the most heinous crime a man can commit on a woman and may he rot in hell.
Old 21st December 2012, 09:19   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
My heart goes out to the poor girl. As per today's news, they have removed her small intestine. Its not sure if its permanent or temporary
They are gone for good. They had developed gangrene. Now she will at most be able to take liquid food for the rest of her life.

I raise my hat to Mr Mahindra for offering to hire her, knowing fully well that a Physiotherapist will not be able to work unless physically fit.

These ogres (I refuse to insult animals by using that term) deserve to hanged publicly (not possible). Also, the ex President (reputed to be the kitchen manager after Indira Gandhi's assassination) should be asked to answer for her clemencies for rapists, and then suffer the same fate.
Old 21st December 2012, 09:21   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Ok . Delhi has " reported " 582 cases of so far this year. 100 more than last year.

Add the 583rd one, that has me boiling ever since. I have 2 kids at home, and first thing I did was to call home and speak to them. How does one even think about doing something like this ?? A 3 year old raped in her own play school, by a person who should have taken care of her.

=================
Amid the horror of the gang rape comes another shocking news of a three-year-old girl raped at her playschool in Sagarpur area of southwest Delhi. The minor was raped by the husband of the playschool owner. The accused Pramod has been arrested... Castration and death seem too small a punishment.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/d.../1/238598.html
What's happening to our country? Why have we become so pathetic? How can anyone rape a baby? Why aren't these people shot at sight? What values are we living with? We keep saying "Sanskriti, blah blah" what the hell is going on?
Old 21st December 2012, 09:47   #98
BHPian

The discarded clothes of the victim were found. The vehicle used to for the crime was found. The perpetrators were apprehended. Now when the circus starts, another advocate of violence hogs the limelight due to so-called elections and this case has already been relegated to the morning's middle pages.

What I don't understand is why there should even be a trial for these scum! Is there absolutely anything they can possibly have in their defence? Your DNA was found on the victim's clothes. Now die like you deserve to, and don't make a damn sound about it! Human rights are for humans!
Old 21st December 2012, 09:50   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
What's happening to our country? Why have we become so pathetic? How can anyone rape a baby? Why aren't these people shot at sight? What values are we living with? We keep saying "Sanskriti, blah blah" what the hell is going on?
So called esteemed Sanskriti is piece of manure fed to us by people who never questioned why? Why should girls be treated like inferiors in society? Why shouldn't girls be allowed freedom like men? Why should only women do the household chores? Why should women be treated like objects?

I hate morons who harp their horn of fake culture and great societal setup without ever questioning if it is right way ahead.

I have kids at home and looking at the news reported by Mannubhai along with this case make me feel enraged. There is nothing I can do apart from typing my frustration here.

Poor girls :(. What did the poor baby do to that pedophile that he had to assault her? I despise such people who take advantage of little children. They should be sent to a mental asylum with lobotomy done on them. Scumbags of earth.
Old 21st December 2012, 10:18   #100
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion we are being absolutely stupid waiting for the law to take action, for the country to be safe, for children to be taught to respect women (as if these goons don't know that even if their mothers didn't tell them), etc. Today the media is focused on this story , next week there will be nothing. Protests, slutwalks, petitions on facebook, etc didn't make any change. Am sure there are a few of these goons who walk side by side to us in these protests and sign the petitions. You really don't know what is in the mind of a stranger next to you.
Its time we all wake up, come out of the mind block that it wont happen to any of our dear ones and take action. Women need to be equipped to protect themselves and not depend on things/situations/minds to change for them to roam around freely.
For starters I have spoken to my office and trying to arrange an event in the premises to have an NGO come down and give a session on what steps/precautions a woman can take to prevent something like this to happen. I am also trying to arrange a pepper spray company to set up a kiosk so that everyone can buy one and keep it in their handbags. They quite liked the idea and are looking into it. I am in US right now and as soon as I am back,since personally I can't do anything big, I am trying to use my contacts and see if it is possible to have such an event in a large scale in the city. Am sure sponsors wont be problem. You can have any of the women brands to sponsor and it will be a great CSR event for them as well.
Maybe I will be termed as stupid by many, but it will give me satisfaction that I tried.
Old 21st December 2012, 10:37   #101
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 27th December 2012 at 20:06.
punto_ is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st December 2012, 10:49   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
...Why aren't these people shot at sight? ...
I dont think they should be allowed to get away with it so easily.
Old 21st December 2012, 11:10   #103
BHPian

I only wish such monsters are handed over to the people. There would be no better punishment.

The fear of being killed by thousands of people is far greater than the fear of being killed by a mere rope.
Old 21st December 2012, 11:32   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
The discarded clothes of the victim were found. The vehicle used to for the crime was found. The perpetrators were apprehended. Now when the circus starts, another advocate of violence hogs the limelight due to so-called elections and this case has already been relegated to the morning's middle pages.

What I don't understand is why there should even be a trial for these scum! Is there absolutely anything they can possibly have in their defence? Your DNA was found on the victim's clothes. Now die like you deserve to, and don't make a damn sound about it! Human rights are for humans!
Doesn't the entire series of events seem like Deja vu, as if you were seeing something similar to the Kasab saga all over again?
Old 21st December 2012, 11:41   #105
BHPian

One of the accused (brother of main accused) was assaulted by inmates at the Tihar Jail.

Source:
http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation...es_818016.html

Even the prisoners hate them. What will happen if they are handed over to aam janta (normal public)?

- Irish
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks