Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2012, 11:31   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
The Delhi gang rape incident is unique since 2 heinous crimes were committed on the same person at the same time, i.e,
1) Rape or Gang rape and
2) Violence inflicted.

People advocating death penalty (for this case & for future incidents), is it for (1) or for both (1) & (2) together?
For (1) Death penalty
For (2) Take action based on the damage caused to the victim.

For this particular case, 'Torture them to death' stab them with metal bars, damaging their intestines and testicles, then let them die without medication!

I know I am not making sense, nor is that human (forget about that being put to effect). But well, emotions seldom make sense!
Old 22nd December 2012, 11:44   #152
Senior - BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

I would like to request all Delhi bhp-ians to please join the protest against the gangrape at India gate. We are already present at Rajpath. Support the cause.
Old 22nd December 2012, 12:26   #153
BANNED

Disgusted by the Police brutality. I hope this does (not) turn out to be India's Tahrir Square. I am glad that politicos are missing.

Some big issues:

1.Nero fiddled while Rome burnt - 7RCR fast asleep, Sheila on holiday in Himachal. Some parallels!

2. What will happen if the crowd attacks Tihar. The suspects lynched!

Why are the opposition MPs not threatening to resign en-masse? Maybe they are too worried about their pension which they will get entitlement only after March 2013.
Old 22nd December 2012, 12:34   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Disgusted by the Police brutality. I hope this does (not) turn out to be India's Tahrir Square. I am glad that politicos are missing.

Some big issues:

1.Nero fiddled while Rome burnt - 7RCR fast asleep, Sheila on holiday in Himachal. Some parallels!

2. What will happen if the crowd attacks Tihar. The suspects lynched!

Why are the opposition MPs not threatening to resign en-masse? Maybe they are too worried about their pension which they will get entitlement only after March 2013.
Actually India sorely needs a Tahrir Square, if nothing other than to wake the politicians up and open their eyes. I just read the latest on TOI and I applaud those who are braving the water cannons and the lathi charge.i would be there if I could.

Getting back to how our society may have contributed to this henious act, I encourage everyone to read this article, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/riddhi...b_2341728.html . She really hits the nail on the head when she states that it is we, the Indian populace, that is corrupt. I think it is up to those of us who are educated and decent people, to shine a light and to show the way to other people who aren't educated or who are backward, or even those who are educated, but don't think women deserve to be equal to men.

Last edited by CaliAtenza : 22nd December 2012 at 12:36.
Old 22nd December 2012, 16:32   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Keeping emotion aside I have been thinking of the harsher punishment part and now I suddenly don't feel so sure of it. There is some logic in the question that Death penalty has done nothing in cases of murder right? I doubt if any murderer would think twice/be scared of the death penalty. Similarly whats the guarantee these beasts would act any different? Also on the other hand they might just feel more obliged to kill the victim to evade any identification later? Just like in this case. If they would have killed both of them then I doubt the Police would have the remotest of clues and the case would have just become another of those million other unsolved files!
Old 22nd December 2012, 16:59   #156
Senior - BHPian

http://www.firstpost.com/india/delhi...ta-565004.html

Several people would be of the opinion that these kind of things wouldn't have happened with the accused in the jail. But I like it, this is the way world always worked, in situations which demanded it. Tit for tat.
Old 22nd December 2012, 17:51   #157
BHPian

I am really ashamed to call myself an Indian, after reading about this case. What does this show about our society ? What are we trying to prove here ? That women should not exist in India. We kill girls before they are born in the form of female foeticide, if by any chance a girl is born either she is instantly killed or she is left in a dump, temple or any other place. While growing up we differentiate between our daughters and sons. If she has managed to fall in love, then we kill her in the name of saving our Honor.

I agree not all of us do these things but there's still a sizable number of people who do this. Can we survive without women ? These kind of people are mentally sick and should be treated in a way so that, not only are they treated but they become example for budding rapists and eve-teasers. Unless and until these guys are scared, nothing will happen. Most of these guys think it's ok or all right to do such things. They need to be either educated about what a woman goes through all her life after such incidents and if they are not willing to learn, other ways should also be tried to instill the fear in them to stop such acts.

I will also point out about the strange things the Media is doing. I won't name anyone but a channel deputed 10 Female Reporters in the middle of night from 11 PM to 4 AM in Delhi to show everyone that Delhi is unsafe and there's no police patrolling. What was the Editor smoking when he approved this Feature ? We all know Delhi is unsafe and there's no Police Patrolling. Even the Aliens do. What was the need to send 10 Female Reporters to cover this ? Would it have a smaller impact if 10 Male Reporters would have done the story ? If anything would happen to these women who would have been responsible ? Why is it always about sensationalizing news ?

I don't care if they have to make Death Penalty as Punishment for Rape, I don't care if they have to double or triple the police force in the city, I don't care if they withdraw VIP security, I don't care if rapists have to be hanged in full public view at some open place, I don't care about anything. The only thing I do care about is that such heinous acts should be stopped and we should do our best to make Delhi and India a safer place for our womenfolk. That's what our Police, Administration, System, Politicians and we the People & Society should be focused upon instead of arguing and making excuses this can't be done, this is not right, this is wrong, Police did a brilliant job, Such things can't be detected, These things happen and many more. Our motto should be : Whatever It Takes.

Remember, if there are no Women, There are no Men.

About the girl in the hospital, I pray that recovers from this and becomes the Torch Bearer of the change that we need in our society. Since her intestines have been removed completely, there can be a Intestinal Transplant but it's a very very complex procedure and takes around a year just to recuperate since the Body never accepts any other organ and continues to fight it. So the whole Immune System has to be suppressed for it to be able to function normally. As far as I know, Sir Gangaram Hospital has already said that they will do the Transplant, but right now don't think the girl is in a condition for that as it takes around 10 hours to perform it. But there's still hope and it's Hope that keeps the world ticking.

I really do hope and pray that something changes in this country, city and society after this and we don't go back to our old selves.
Old 22nd December 2012, 22:48   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
2. Legalizing prostitution, is another. This ensure there is avenue for some drunkard in peak of his lust. Of course it has to be regulated and audited to ensure there is no exploitation.
- I am surprised no one brought this topic up.
3. Society to have an open mindset about dating concept.. We have to confess just brushing it under carpet is no longer going to happen.
Funny I wrote exactly on the same lines, haven't posted it yet. Truth is always bitter and I am not good at sugar coating, but trying to smoothen it's eadges as far as possible before I post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
Actually India sorely needs a Tahrir Square, if nothing other than to wake the politicians up and open their eyes. I just read the latest on TOI and I applaud those who are braving the water cannons and the lathi charge.i would be there if I could.
you are overestimating Tahrir square. The problem is bigger than you think. I will hopefully post my views in a day or two.
Old 22nd December 2012, 23:07   #159
BHPian

Hi Team,

Today, when I went to India Gate for taking part in the protest,I was sure about one thing that India is going through a phase where the deaf authorities care least, untill and unless the protests are done and that too with massive group of people.But I was unable to understand the motive behind the lathi charge, water cannons and tear gas bombs being used on the protesters who were trying to put their voice in the ear of deaf authorities.

If I would be the punishment deciding authority regarding those 6 rapists,my decision would be that those 6 people should not be hanged till death , but they should be handed over to the medical labs where the medicines are made by various tests and the experiments should be made on these 6 people till their death, who should not be considered as human which our society needs.

I watched in Discovery channel few years back , that in a foreign country one criminal was awarded death by poison and he decided that his body be given to medical institute, and that medical institute processed his dead body in such a manner that the slices of few mm were cut right from his head till the feets, and those slices were scanned and a video was made in which one could actually see live inside the body and could travel through head till the toe digitally to understand the human body from inside.

Only then can our society benefit from these useless inhuman characters.

Regards,
Lalit Tyagi
Old 23rd December 2012, 00:21   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Y A G I View Post
Hi Team,

Today, when I went to India Gate for taking part in the protest,I was sure about one thing that India is going through a phase where the deaf authorities care least, untill and unless the protests are done and that too with massive group of people.But I was unable to understand the motive behind the lathi charge, water cannons and tear gas bombs being used on the protesters who were trying to put their voice in the ear of deaf authorities.
What was the situation on the ground like at the protest? Well the government is scared. They would rather have this all go away then have to face the ire of the people. Notice how the PM hasn't said anything, i think it's very telling. The government is giving us the same old statements; oh we will look into it, judicial commission, etc, etc.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd December 2012 at 12:19. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for benefit of mobile users.
Old 23rd December 2012, 01:32   #161
BHPian

"Hi everybody.
At last the aam public is protesting their being taken for granted.Salute to them.Just hope that they dont let go after empty"strict action" promises by the politicians/police.Last time i saw this fervor was at the time of Jessical Lal and the shoddy(wilful or otherwise) police work."
"‎1st:the politicians should volunteer to reduce their cover(i am living in a fools paradise if i think they will do it).Let them take a page from international leaders like Cherie Blair,when Tony Blair was PM she used to take the underground train or the mayor of new york who used to do the same.Or Olaf Palme swedish premier who used to walk to work."
Unfortunately the police and the politicians do not consider accountability to the public a virtue or of prime importance.

Last edited by faustus77 : 23rd December 2012 at 01:33.
Old 23rd December 2012, 02:43   #162
Senior - BHPian

Nothing will change. Politicians know that public memory is short. They are waiting for this to boil down so that they can go ahead with the usual caste and religion policy.

Robert Vadra was not wrong with his use of words "Mango people of Banana Republic".

You just need to just log into the various websites on event of death of any Political leader. The comments are full of choicest abuses and unabashed glee at the riddance of stinky scum from face of this country.

Anyways the sad truth is that we Indians have an unprecedented capability of getting $hit piled upon us. Be it the Current Politicians or Britishers or Guys before.

We were always ruled. Meek are we. Something wrong in chromosomes I think.
Old 23rd December 2012, 08:05   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Something wrong in chromosomes I think.
That'd be the DNA brother

It was disheartening to see people (some of them teenagers) being beaten up by the police when they were protesting. I hope and pray that people don't lose the momentum and take this protest to its logical end.
Old 23rd December 2012, 09:39   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Also on the other hand they might just feel more obliged to kill the victim to evade any identification later? Just like in this case. If they would have killed both of them then I doubt the Police would have the remotest of clues and the case would have just become another of those million other unsolved files!
I was watching a debate on Television - Ram Jethmalani was one of the speakers. He raised a similar point - If we make death penalty compulsory in a rape case - the rapist would just kill the victim and would not leave any evidence - as it is witnesses in such a case are rare - It is not that such things happen in public.

But after many such debates no one could reach a conclusion. Also you rightly said - death penalty for murdering has not stopped murders - what is the guarantee this such a thing will not happen in a rape case.

I would be very interested to hear an opinion of a lawyer - very important to know how such cases are dealt in court. I am sure there would be lawyers on this forum.
Old 23rd December 2012, 10:14   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi people, I share the same pain as everyone.I really don't have any words to express the sadness and pain regarding these types of incidents.I feel that in today's scenario,people have actually lost the humane face of life.Everyone suffers from loss of patience,they want things to be done asap.And all the goons commit such crimes because they see that the politicians do the similar crimes and are roaming scott free.They emulate what they see.All crimes are committed because they think that the great Indian Law has so many loopholes which will help them to secure bail.The actual criminals are always released on bail,by hook or crook,and those who are innocent,they fail to secure bail for crimes they have never committed.Our law should not be like "Andha Kanoon". The laws have to be implemented correctly.

I also support for capital punishment but not by hanging or lethal injection or any quick means.I want them to be slowly tortured to death,chopping off one finger a day followed by toes and other things,inflicting injuries,rubbing salt and chilly powder on their wounds,all the while keeping them on low dose antibiotics and fluids so that they don't die so fast.They should be slowly skinned alive also.And if many culprits are involved,then one at a time should be taken for such treatment and others should be made to watch.I know I sound inhuman but then we are not talking about humans getting punished here.These ******** are animals.

Other thing to note is police atrocity.Why are they thrashing the protesters?That shows what our neta log want.They cant stand any amount of protest against them.I feel we are living in the largest DICTATORSHIP rather than Democracy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks