Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2012, 23:04   #286
BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
It's showing the level of concern people have when after the death they ask for people to maintain peace and calm, rather than their first expression being of showing concern for the kin.

There was a picture of a demonstrator carrying a placard, in the paper, which shows the ineptitude of supposed keepers of the order
"metro kaise band kiya, tumhare baap ke paise se bana hai kya? "
(how dare you close the metro. Did your father pay for it? )

On a separate note,the police official who was kicking that protester a few pages back, has been ID'd on facebook.
What happened after they ID'ed the official? Lol that placard is funny. We, okay, well the Indian taxpayer, paid for that . I was reading something and the report was saying even some of the cops are sympathizing with the protestors. I mean, when a constable says, "we just follow orders, there is nothing in our hands", then we truly know the state of our society. http://www.firstpost.com/delhi/this-...rs-573352.html . Everyone should read that, it's quite good.
Old 30th December 2012, 23:48   #287
Senior - BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

May the young girl's soul RIP.
Poor unsuspecting girl, poached by these brutal butchers. They should be hanged to death.
Come to think of it, these kind of incidents would have happened earlier too and committed by perhaps the same lot. How these bus can have sun films when the Hon. Supreme court had banned it. Why the police is not enforcing it. These are all few of the many questions that will never get answers.
Old 31st December 2012, 01:25   #288
BHPian

Read this in Newspapers.

Quote:
Gang-rape victim was to marry in February: neighbours

"She was supposed to get married in February to the same guy who was attacked on the bus with her,"
And it keeps getting worse.

I don't have any words to say except to hang my head in shame, offer a silent prayer for her and apologize for whatever happened to her because of our incompetence, ineptness and attitude towards women.

Rest in Peace.
Old 31st December 2012, 07:53   #289
Senior - BHPian

May the young girl rest in peace.

Really sad, shameful and angry at what happened.

I hope these maniacs (including the so called juvenile) are castrated put under rigorous imprisonment and then hanged to death. India should get more serious about crime on women and children.
Old 31st December 2012, 09:17   #290
BANNED

Now the Khaps up in arms. I think all Haryana and west UP leaders be asked to commit themselves - are they with the Khaap of the Janta, no fuzzy areas.

Seems that Congress is mulling 30 years + chemical castration. I am all for the former but might as well make it life, since a murder will in any case allow Sec302.

I hope Chemical Castration Technology has evolved. I remember the case of the father of computers - Alan Turing (the originator of ENIAC, MANIAC and the enunciator of the Turing Test) who had to undergo Chemical Castration due to Homosexuality and as a side effect got severely depressed and committed suicide. I know these rascals have committed a far more heinous crime, but somehow I am unable to get the fate of Turning out of my mind.
Old 31st December 2012, 09:46   #291
Senior - BHPian

There were 42 cases of 'eve teasing' during the protests. Rising masculine ratio (excess men as NY times puts it) and other social factors need to be tackled along with strict enforcement.
Old 31st December 2012, 09:49   #292
BHPian

Its all Sex..Sex and sex every where....starting from pencil ad to daily serials....Woman exposing and promoting products...Item songs is a must for cinemas...

with all these around..dont expect any drastic changes only by implementing strict laws
Old 31st December 2012, 09:57   #293
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I know these rascals have committed a far more heinous crime, but somehow I am unable to get the fate of Turning out of my mind.
far more heinous crime? As far as I can recall Turing committed no crime at all. In fact, he was instrumental in allies winning WWII.
Old 31st December 2012, 10:11   #294
Senior - BHPian

RIP little one. Words fail me, but I will reciprocate what SRK said, I am ashamed to call myself a man.
Old 31st December 2012, 11:05   #295
Senior - BHPian

If the rapists were political activists/sons/nephews/hanger-ons of one of the parties in power, the case wouldnt even have made it to the news.
Old 31st December 2012, 11:11   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalsaCorp View Post
Its all Sex..Sex and sex every where....starting from pencil ad to daily serials....Woman exposing and promoting products...Item songs is a must for cinemas...

with all these around..dont expect any drastic changes only by implementing strict laws
Exactly!

Stricter law / enforcement will only get more people punished but will not completely prevent such crimes from happening again. What we need probably is a larger reformation of our mindset - the way we look at and project women.

Why do most movies have those item numbers and other obscenities? Because we want them. But isn't that a crime against women? No, it's just entertainment.

Crime starts in the mind and when we as a society encourage projecting women in such a cheap manner, congratulations, we've just created a dozen rapists. Criminals are not 'born', they are 'made'. The little girl din't ask for it to happen to her but we as a society asked for it to happen to the girl.

There is something else apart from just the culprits that need death penalty - the rotten mindsets with which we as a society (not just men) look at women.
Old 31st December 2012, 11:38   #297
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
far more heinous crime? As far as I can recall Turing committed no crime at all. In fact, he was instrumental in allies winning WWII.
Yes, only that Homosexuality at that time was a crime in the UK. The master code breaker (he broke ENIGMA) , and master computer scientist (Neumann fans please excuse, he came later). Turing moved from Cambridge to Manchester, and died there.

Even though during WWI Churchill as the First Lord of the Admiralty chided the Admiral, who talked about the Traditions of the Navy with: "Traditions of the Navy - rum, sodomy and the lash".
Old 31st December 2012, 12:20   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalsaCorp View Post

Oh yeah ...
There is absolute no rape or sexual assaults and molestation in Afghanistan and Pakistan (and countless other Islamist countries).
Right?
And the same thing hold true for the ancient and medieval history (when there was no sex to sell any product) ...?
Old 31st December 2012, 12:38   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

The problem lies in the rampant lawlessness that has become so prevalent in our society. Every day we see so called political activists from various organisations insult women and couples in the name of religion and traditions and its played on the national TV. The responsible people happily take pride in claiming to have done the right thing. The same is seen when again these so called activists ransack private cars, state owned vehicles, offices ( including media), cinema halls etc etc and once again no action is taken.

How do you expect people to then suddenly start respecting women and human rights as a whole. They dont even understand the concept. Most of them would be coming from poor backgrounds, witnessed domestic violence in there houses as a child, received the least of education.

The delhi case is no different. I have no doubt in saying that it was not a planned crime. Here was a group of men, inebriated with no concept of law, out there enjoying a free bus ride. They picked up the couple and would have wanted to teach them about our customs and prove there alfa male role. The couple would have probably been robbed and left if they had not objected. Once they objected, it was the duty of these animals to show them there place and heinous crime followed.

Bottomline is there is not gonna be any change unless we address the ground problems. Making stricter laws etc is just a feel good illusion we are creating for ourselves. Infact I feel sad that as I am typing this, somewhere there would be another "amanat" being subjected to such horror.
Old 31st December 2012, 14:07   #300
BANNED

Just heard that one person has been arrested for a facebook post asking people to participate in the demonstrations. Section 66 and its author must go NOW.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks