Team-BHP - Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1404-bodybuilding-exercises-supplements-93.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shajufx (Post 1288204)

Yes it can result in hair-loss, mental strain, economical crisis etc. unless you dont look at the price printed on it. :)

lol:. Are they that expensive?

Quote:

Originally Posted by f450 (Post 1288180)
Can anyone explain to me why exactly protein supplements/whey protein/any other supplements are used? And are there any side-effects to using these? I read somewhere that some of these can result in hair-loss etc.?

Please go through this entire thread and most of your questions regarding whey protein and a few other supplements will be answered. If you still want to know something more specific, please do post.
Hair is primarily made up of keratin, which is a protein. So protein supplements won't cause hair loss :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shajufx (Post 1288204)
Yes what I have posted about the seal is accurate. The outside thicker plastic cover with the name, contents etc has a full wrapping from the bottom of the tub to the top lid. Its not a silly cover, but moulded in the packing machine with bit heat applied, so it takes the shape of the tub. While opening, you need to cut the top edge and it peals off upto the bottom area of the lid. Thats the top outer cover. Now you open the lid, there is a very thick, high quality paper layer which is sealed air-tight. I tried pulling it off with my finger nails, but failed. So, used the knife to cut it round and remove.

*goes in twin search of his shotgun and the dealer*

Be Right Back >(

Actually, I'm going to wait for vikram before I blow somebody's head off.

Guys please dont have supplements ! It can empty your wallet easily and make you a desperate KILLER too !:Shockked: Do you mean Vikram will pull the trigger for you ???

:uncontrol more like press the red "Launch" button

@godog: Spike, Biotest labs, T-Nation. They have a non-caffeinated version. It's a pill though. I've taken 3 at a time and the buzz is insane. Doesn't always work though...

Slightly bad news...

from Iceman...

Quote:

Should be a clear plastic ring around the outer cap and once opened, a white colored disc sealing the internal contents. The white colored disc is probably the most important as the clear plastic ring doesn't do too much.

YOU NEED A NEW CAR ***** How about a New 2009 Ford Mustang GT ???
---> Bodybuilding.com - 2009 Gaspari Nutrition Mustang GT Giveaway! <---

Clear Plastic Ring. Check.

However, I did not see any solid disc in both jars. Yet it tastes and feels just like I heard it should. wth?

Meri Dunaali kahaa hai....

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranavt (Post 1288590)
@godog: Spike, Biotest labs, T-Nation. They have a non-caffeinated version. It's a pill though. I've taken 3 at a time and the buzz is insane. Doesn't always work though...

Yeh kya baat hui? You mean, it has reliability issues?

^From the above store link , why not order from bodybuilding.com itself ? A box of 5lbs is costing $42.99 and internation express shipping costs $25.99. So after conversion of that $68.98 INR comes aroudn 3586 @Rs.52/$. Shipping rate doesn't increase much if we order more than 1.

For eg. say we order 5 boxes, the shipping comes to only $29.99 and total is $244.94 , i.e Rs.12,737. Rs.2547 per person. Sounds good, but it'll attract customs for sure. If its goes through we can a peace of mind that we are having a original product for sure.

Any view on this ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saiyan (Post 1288749)
^From the above store link , why not order from bodybuilding.com itself ? A box of 5lbs is costing $42.99 and internation express shipping costs $25.99. So after conversion of that $68.98 INR comes aroudn 3586 @Rs.52/$. Shipping rate doesn't increase much if we order more than 1.

For eg. say we order 5 boxes, the shipping comes to only $29.99 and total is $244.94 , i.e Rs.12,737. Rs.2547 per person. Sounds good, but it'll attract customs for sure. If its goes through we can a peace of mind that we are having a original product for sure.

Any view on this ?

it doesn't get past customs - plz review earlier posts - i think shajufx has paid heavy customs duties after ordering from bb.com

Yes Jassi, I greatly appreciate your good memory ! I have burned my fingers so badly which is explained in detail few pages back here. Never order online from US. The shipping and the product cost comes close to the MRP available here, but thats not the only cost. Customs duty will wipe out all your calculations hay-wire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saiyan (Post 1288749)

For eg. say we order 5 boxes, the shipping comes to only $29.99 and total is $244.94 , i.e Rs.12,737. Rs.2547 per person. Sounds good, but it'll attract customs for sure.

Any view on this ?

Not only will the duty make it far more expensive, you'll have a tough time explaining that all this is for your personal use!

Quote:

Originally Posted by godog (Post 1288718)
Yeh kya baat hui? You mean, it has reliability issues?

Cannot comment on that since I've only tried it a couple of times. Shared the stuff with 2 friends of mine who also wanted to try it. On good days, I felt like I could workout for 2 hours at a stretch, and I did once. Then ran a mile on the treadmill and still wanted to do more lol:. The price is cheap enough to warrant a shot at it.

Nice bit of discussion in last few pages :)
@Vikram - As i know beforehand you are a certified trainer thats why i ask your advice often. Need some advice again so will PM you for that.
Just curious could you tell me exactly which certification is that and what is the process to obtain it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1289411)
which certification is that and what is the process to obtain it?

Harry, I hope you are not going to instigate the members here, now that everyone wants to be a fitness trainer:) !

Quote:

Originally Posted by godog (Post 1286517)
whilst going to Def Col Market from ring road side, just before you take the right to the mkt, theres a shop on the left (before the stop light). they have web presence too. and decent pricing if you know whats what. no great variety though.

Do share your protein experiences, would help alot.

Any link for that as am not able to find any site for them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shajufx (Post 1289449)
Harry, I hope you are not going to instigate the members here, now that everyone wants to be a fitness trainer:) !

lol: On the contrary Shaju i wish to be one myself so just inquiring the info.