Team-BHP - Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1404-bodybuilding-exercises-supplements-103.html)

Jassi - Could you please post a pic of the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Circle (Post 1313614)
Jassi - Could you please post a pic of the same?

Its by Homedics (model sc540) - i picked it up from Bed, Bath and Beyond store in US.
Amazon.com: Homedics SC-540 LCD 400 lb/180 kg Capacity Bath Scale with Body Composition Scanner: Health & Personal Care

a good article on nutrition and what foods to combine and not to combine
Bodybuilding.com - Ron Kosloff - The Extremely 'Essential Seven' For Proper Digestion And Elimination!
I have been following food combining for a few months (don't mix starches and proteins) and the benefits are very much evident :) No indigestion, no acidity, very easy to control weight, fat %age and muscle mass - I can go up and down as and when needed.
Here is a good food combining chart
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs...ning_chart.pdf

Sort of new to the whole fitness scene. but I hope to get fit fast.

I came across a GNC gardian store on brigade road bangalore, was selling protien and all.

I got myself a gnc 100% whey vanilla blend 14 servings for 1650, is this good or did I get ripped off?

I am also curious about the whole creatine thing, have any of you tried it, and what are the dangers that i should be vary ofplease:

GNC Whey is one of the most horrible quality protein you can buy. That's the truth behind GNC Pro Performance brand.
Pricewise, GNC rips you apart like no other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.Surya (Post 1314736)
Sort of new to the whole fitness scene. but I hope to get fit fast.

I came across a GNC gardian store on brigade road bangalore, was selling protien and all.

I got myself a gnc 100% whey vanilla blend 14 servings for 1650, is this good or did I get ripped off?

I am also curious about the whole creatine thing, have any of you tried it, and what are the dangers that i should be vary ofplease:

As far as i know there are no dangers regarding creatine and almost everyone in BB takes it.
You can start by using Creapure from Ultimate Nutrition- 500-600 bucks for a bottle i guess. I had used it and its good.
Also there are much better proteins than the one you bought. Just go through last few pages on this thread and you may get a fair idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone (Post 1314761)
GNC Whey is one of the most horrible quality protein you can buy. That's the truth behind GNC Pro Performance brand.

HI,
I had read your whole thread on BB.com on whey proteins so i will take your word on this:)
I recently got ISO Sensation 93 5lbs for 4250- If you have tried it do let me know did you liked it - quality and taste wise as i have still not started it.

@Jassi- Seems like me you are also doing a lot of BB.com research :)
Thanks for the articles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishalpipraiya (Post 1308861)
great question. I need some advice on multi vitamin's as well. Lot of professional body builders pop multiple pills in a day. I can't do that and would rather have just one pill a day which should give me the necessary dosage.

I believe there is one marketed by Amway but no idea about it's potency.

Which is the best multi-vitamin in India to buy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranavt (Post 1309474)
Stay away from Amway and other such pyramid schemes and products.

The amway multi is pretty good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone (Post 1314761)

But they do package them better than cigarettes!

Quote:

I am also curious about the whole creatine thing, have any of you tried it, and what are the dangers that i should be vary of
I'll just tell you one thing: It Works.

BIA scales are available locally. I get them for about 3.5 - 4k with warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagan.js (Post 1316444)
I'll just tell you one thing: It Works.

Also, its has had years of research backing it. So the stories about how it will fry your brains are just a hoax.

Of course there is no need for it from a fitness standpoint :)

Majority of supplements are safe. All it takes a stupid doctor/nutritionist and an ill-educated user mark them unsafe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone (Post 1316491)
Majority of supplements are safe. All it takes a stupid doctor/nutritionist and an ill-educated user mark them unsafe.

how can you be so sure about the long term effects of these supplements?

It takes a lot of effort for FDA in US to research new products and against a strong lobby of pharmacy and nutrition companies, it can hardly mark anything unsafe unless proven in tests. Most of the things get passed for lack of a negative evidence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekiny2k (Post 1316679)
It takes a lot of effort for FDA in US to research new products and against a strong lobby of pharmacy and nutrition companies, it can hardly mark anything unsafe unless proven in tests. Most of the things get passed for lack of a negative evidence.

True, thats how all commercial businesses work. The best evidence of this phenomenon is to go back and look for drugs which were banned.

There are so many drugs which are originally approved and then later i.e. after years/decades banned, as thats when they are able to assess the long term effects.

I'm not saying it's unsafe to take suppliments, all I'm saying is, it's unsafe to assume that they are all safe. [lot of research is still in progress]

Hmm...
4km of running and 2km of fast walking today. First time I've done cardio in over 6-8 months, so I'm happy that I haven't lost a lot of endurance. Coffee + apple + peach + 2-3 biscuits + yogurt in the morning at 8 after coming back from the run.

Will have another small breakfast/meal at around 11/11.30.

Quote:

Creatine?? Very sure.

Quote:

Heh, dont get me started boss, the 'FDA'. Corruption at the highest level :

fda. monsanto, revolving door - Google Search

If you want to continue that discussion come on over to : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...nsant-who.html

Quote:

If you happen to get into FDA skin, you will find that FDA is Pharma's Bunny (of course in US). If FDA has it's way, it could ban almost every dietary supplement out there citing their "clinical trials"