Team-BHP - Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1404-bodybuilding-exercises-supplements-108.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Circle (Post 1351854)
Guys, how many of you have used fat burners and how effective are they? it is already discussed on the forum about fat burners but i would like to know your personal experience and not reviews taken from other sources. Does it really help in taking fat burners to cut that last bit of fat?

Like souljah said, it works well only when combined with all that he mentioned. You will have all the mentioned side effects for a few initial days. I was not able to follow a very good non fat diet, so did not lose much. I used lipo 6.

Take it only if you exercise in the morning. You will feel awful for the a few initial days until you get used to it. A strict no to coffee, tea, colas, alcohol or any caffeine product when taking a fat burner.

Thanks for the reply guys. I have no problem with Diet,Workout & Rest. I do weight training 4 days a week & 4 to 5 sessions of cardio for about 20 minutes with a strict diet and good amount of rest. if the fat burner is going to help in reducing 4-5% of body fat then i am going to try it otherwise will stick to cardio. One of my gym mate also mentioned yesterday that he doesn't get good sleep at night after he started using the fat burner.

p.s I had asked for the E book Burn the fat Feed the muscle on the forum and one of our Bhpian mailed me a copy of it. Very good fat burning tips & diet secrets. If any one needs the same PM me your e mail id.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Circle (Post 1352094)
Thanks for the reply guys. I have no problem with Diet,Workout & Rest. I do weight training 4 days a week & 4 to 5 sessions of cardio for about 20 minutes with a strict diet and good amount of rest. if the fat burner is going to help in reducing 4-5% of body fat then i am going to try it otherwise will stick to cardio. One of my gym mate also mentioned yesterday that he doesn't get good sleep at night after he started using the fat burner.

p.s I had asked for the E book Burn the fat Feed the muscle on the forum and one of our Bhpian mailed me a copy of it. Very good fat burning tips & diet secrets. If any one needs the same PM me your e mail id.

The more popular types of Fat Burners are thermogenics. Some popular ones are hydroxycut, hot rox, lipo 6. I've taken lipo 6 and it used to give me the shits.
Also, your friend probably can't sleep because a majority of these contain caffeine and so you should not take them within 6 hours of your normal sleep time.
I would recommend looking at something called an "EC stack" if you are looking to cut weight. I would only attempt to do this if your health(heart body, etc) are in very good condition. Do your research on an EC stack if you want to do it though. I did it and it worked well for me, just remember to drink lots of water.
Also, losing 4-5% of BF is 90% diet. Yes fat burners will help you, but your diet better be down to a "t" otherwise your effort is wasted. it can take around 3-4 months depending on how hard you work to lose 4-5% fat without losing muscle mass at the same time.

ECA Stack is the best fat loss aid you can use right now. It is, still leagues ahead of any fat loss product ever assembled. Ripping fat and preserving lean muscle at the same time, ECA is the deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mblova (Post 1352922)
The more popular types of Fat Burners are thermogenics. Some popular ones are hydroxycut, hot rox, lipo 6. I've taken lipo 6 and it used to give me the shits.
Also, your friend probably can't sleep because a majority of these contain caffeine and so you should not take them within 6 hours of your normal sleep time.
I would recommend looking at something called an "EC stack" if you are looking to cut weight. I would only attempt to do this if your health(heart body, etc) are in very good condition. Do your research on an EC stack if you want to do it though. I did it and it worked well for me, just remember to drink lots of water.
Also, losing 4-5% of BF is 90% diet. Yes fat burners will help you, but your diet better be down to a "t" otherwise your effort is wasted. it can take around 3-4 months depending on how hard you work to lose 4-5% fat without losing muscle mass at the same time.

My gym mate also is using Lipo 6 and has the same effects as you did, is it that bad? On there website they claim it to be the nr 1 fat burner for the last three years or something like that.

is Ephedra commonly available at drugstores?

ECA Stack is from which company? i am not sure whether it is available in bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 1138965)
I am working out for 5 days a week:

Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Crunches/abs
Wed - Thighs
Thursday - Crunches/abs
Friday - Biceps/Triceps

Is 5 days enough in a week? I am not seeing the results as such. Probably I need to do something else?

PS: I started out on 15 December, 08.

I had earlier once posted my exercise regime with Tuesdays and Thursdays reserved for Abs. However, my coach has quit coming in the evenings and as a effect to that everyone goes now in the morning (all velas!). So, I have started taking rounds in a park on tuesdays and Thursdays. Is it okay? My objective is to burn some calories to reduce my tummy.

Amtak, you forgot to train:

Back
Shoulders
Calfs
Hamstrings
Traps
Forearms

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Circle (Post 1353963)
My gym mate also is using Lipo 6 and has the same effects as you did, is it that bad? On there website they claim it to be the nr 1 fat burner for the last three years or something like that.

I mean its an adverse side effect. Some people get it, some people dont.
An ECA stack is a weight loss stack. More info can be found ECA stack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

Originally Posted by godog (Post 1353977)
is Ephedra commonly available at drugstores?

In the US, yes. Look for OTC asthma medication found in pill form. Read the ingredient list to see if it is one of the active ingredients.

Hi All

This is my very first post in this catagory - so please pardon the ignorance.

Recently i've been interacting with Harry10 and Shaju regarding supplements. I've been doing my own little R&D too without any tangible results and have a few doubts. Would apprecaite if people could share their thoughts on this.
1. Why are the prices different for the same products. - Eg: Lbnnutirtion.com and perfectbody.in. Could it be retail vs wholesale?

2. Point # 1 brings to attention a statement said by a GNC employee. "Sir, the boxes can be made in duplicate and what is inside, no one knows." This statement was said specially while holding a nitro-tech hardcore whey protein box. Is it possible that the boxes can be cut from the bottom and artifical sweetners be added?

3. Point # 2 led to discussion with my trainer who said it's very much possible. In India we find 4 pieced cut boxes while good's imported from US have a single seam with a small dot. If tampered with, it can be found out. Question: Is this true. How do we find out if the box has been tampered with or not?

4. I still have 1 scoop left of whey protein which my trainer got for me(4lbs of nitrotech@ 4500) and if compared with the tub purchased from GNC (2lbs @ 3400), the former does feel "sweeter" of the 2.:Frustrati

Now - this dillemma has caused a royal confusion. Indian purchase or bb.com and the custom hassles therein. Paying of duty is not the problem,it's the experience of interacting with them, should the product be stopped, which gives the jitters while the doubt of buying the "Is this orginal" stuff from Delhi, will always cause confusion in the mind.
What to do? What do you all say?

Quote:

Originally Posted by married2speed (Post 1354713)
Hi All

Recently i've been interacting with Harry10 and Shaju regarding supplements. I've been doing my own little R&D too without any tangible results and have a few doubts. Would apprecaite if people could share their thoughts on this.
1. Why are the prices different for the same products. - Eg: Lbnnutirtion.com and perfectbody.in. Could it be retail vs wholesale?

2. Point # 1 brings to attention a statement said by a GNC employee. "Sir, the boxes can be made in duplicate and what is inside, no one knows." This statement was said specially while holding a nitro-tech hardcore whey protein box. Is it possible that the boxes can be cut from the bottom and artifical sweetners be added?

3. Point # 2 led to discussion with my trainer who said it's very much possible. In India we find 4 pieced cut boxes while good's imported from US have a single seam with a small dot. If tampered with, it can be found out. Question: Is this true. How do we find out if the box has been tampered with or not?

4. I still have 1 scoop left of whey protein which my trainer got for me(4lbs of nitrotech@ 4500) and if compared with the tub purchased from GNC (2lbs @ 3400), the former does feel "sweeter" of the 2.:Frustrati

Now - this dillemma has caused a royal confusion. Indian purchase or bb.com and the custom hassles therein. Paying of duty is not the problem,it's the experience of interacting with them, should the product be stopped, which gives the jitters while the doubt of buying the "Is this orginal" stuff from Delhi, will always cause confusion in the mind.
What to do? What do you all say?

It is quite possible that there has been tampering done to the supplements you purchased in India. To really check you would have to send a sample to a lab and have an analysis done. I mean sure you could visually compare it to a product that you know is legitimate but when it comes to pills and powder it is very hard to verify without a proper analysis.
PM if you want to discuss a proxy from the US.

You paid 100 dollars for protein!?! Jeez. What you need to do is set up a proxy in the US(a buyer) who then ships it to you when you give him the money. I can do this for a few vetted and trusted members on this forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mblova (Post 1354288)

In the US, yes. Look for OTC asthma medication found in pill form. Read the ingredient list to see if it is one of the active ingredients.

Guess thats an allout YES for desi drug-stores.

Quote:

Originally Posted by married2speed (Post 1354713)
Hi All

Hi! From my two-bit from trawling forums, keyboard-jockeyeing, and of-on exercising with weights:

1. Stop visiting GNC. put more simply, STOP! NO! DON'T GO! NAA!!:Shockked:
2. Artificial sweeteners are not similar to (whey) protein; they can be easily fathomed (simple test: Whey protein will NOT melt in your mouth.)
3. cut out the middlemen, go to the source. That means your trainer doesn't shop for you.
4. Learn about:
a) counterfeits
b) counterfeiters
5. How about, we raise the bar, and buy 5lbs of the "best, sweetest" protein for 2700-odd bucks?

merry R&D!!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by godog (Post 1355767)
3. cut out the middlemen, go to the source. That means your trainer doesn't shop for you.

is reliance wellness considered a middleman or are they reliable enough :)

Reliance wellness has Neulife stickers on em right?

Then I would assume they are safe, but then buy directly from neulife? Prices from reliance have been discussed a few pages earlier.