Team-BHP - Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1404-bodybuilding-exercises-supplements-105.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagan.js (Post 1321151)
Even though its up to 3 hours, I still see people having them while warming up and just before hitting the weights.
Theres something about peanuts, good instant energy I heard.

well the peanut is kind of like a legume and gets normally classified as a starch (although it does have a lot of protein making it a protein-starch combination). Being a protein-starch combo with an equal amount of fat - makes it difficult for the body to quickly digest. As a result due to slow digestion it may slowly release nutrients into the body giving the feeling of energy throughout workout.
Having said that, i wouldn't want to eat anything 1-2 hrs before workouts depending on what it is that I am eating, and what it was combined with. Mostly my meals are either majorly protein or majorly starch with enough veggies, but never a mixture of both as that makes it difficult for the digestive system (protein requiring acid digestion and starch requiring alkali/neutral medium) and gives us feeling of fullness for 4-5 hours.
A well combined food digests quickly and gives us that "empty" feeling - unfortunately a lot of us consider that empty feeling as time to eat again :) actually what it means is meal was good and is now digested and stomach is resting!
I have started combining post workout whey with water (sometimes i mix some skimmed milk) as milk has casein which is a slow release protein and significantly delays whey digestion. Whey with water is digested in 1 hr max and milk or milk with added casein takes 4-7 hrs :) (which i normally take at night)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jassi (Post 1319143)
@Mblova - maybe you can answer my query on whey for exercising diabetics which i posted a few weeks ago (quoted below)

The issue with diabetics is that if you take carbs, there will be a spike in your blood sugar, and then you will "crash" so to speak. To counteract the effects of this, it is best to take carbs with some form of protein. Therefore a good quality protein shake will be okay for you because there are carbs in it and protein which slows down the digestion of the carbs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1320540)
Initial review-
Superpump250-

Used 3 days till now continuously.
1 day- very good energy and focus,Good pump as well.
Exercises done - Chest and triceps.
2 day - No energy at all,focus was also down.
Exercises done - Shoulder and Traps.
3day- Excellent energy,very good focus and great pump.
Exercises done - Biceps and Forearms

So second day was a problem,it can be because i slept quiet less that day. I am quiet impressed by the focus am getting. Will update again after few more days.
Also had heard so many people saying on BB.com they get stomach trouble with superpump. No such trouble so far.

Iso Sensation 93-
Excellent taste(have to say never tasted such a yummy choco flavour in any supplement), used 4 days till now so will take time to show the effects. It dissolves in seconds.

Muscletech Nitrotech Hardcore- Just used 2 days by now. Have some problem in dissolving and is quiet thick. Takes sometime and taste is ok kinds(maybe cos i had tasted Iso Sensation before so i dont like this much).

P.S-Iso Sensation 93 and Muscletech Nitrotech Hardcore are both sourced from Alfa in Mumbai for 4200 each.

I was interested in Myofusion and Syntrax Nectar also but they were no available at Alfa.
Anyone in NCR knows where i can get Nectar from?

What kind of goals are you looking for?

I tried a trial pack ok ISO Sensation 93- The choco Fudge flavor. Was quite disappointed. It' a bit too sweet. Something like a choco milkshake with a load of sugarcane juice. Might appeal to people with a super sweet tooth though. For now shall stick to Myofusion.

Now that I have finally joined the gym, the coach has quit. I am having a nice paunch after 3 months of happy married life and because of the bike accident. Joined on Monday and already missed 1 day. Cannot go today also as I am down with severe back ache. Hopefully tomorrow onwards I'll be regular. Plus I hope that Monday onwards I hit the gym daily.

Please pray for me!

I have been here for quite some time and have simply missed this thread. Man am I excited ! Indeed I am.

At first, I would love to know about the guys who are in NCR and are into serious bodybuilding/fitness.

I will share my details soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mblova (Post 1321294)
The issue with diabetics is that if you take carbs, there will be a spike in your blood sugar, and then you will "crash" so to speak. To counteract the effects of this, it is best to take carbs with some form of protein. Therefore a good quality protein shake will be okay for you because there are carbs in it and protein which slows down the digestion of the carbs.

well a good quality whey protein, mixed with water, will have close to nil carbs - whats the effect in that case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mblova (Post 1321294)
The issue with diabetics is that if you take carbs, there will be a spike in your blood sugar, and then you will "crash" so to speak.

This will happen mainly with high glycemic carbs, not low glycemic carbs. More the fibre in carbs, lesser is the insulin spike. What does protein have to do with it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jassi (Post 1322241)
well a good quality whey protein, mixed with water, will have close to nil carbs - whats the effect in that case.

A good quality whey protein SHOULD have carbs. Thats how muscle is built and how we derive energy for the building of muscle. Protein, if not used for the body is just excess calories and does nothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram18 (Post 1322303)
This will happen mainly with high glycemic carbs, not low glycemic carbs. More the fibre in carbs, lesser is the insulin spike. What does protein have to do with it?

protein slows the absorption of carbs into the bloodstream. Any diabetic diet will show that where there are high gi carbs, there will protein attached to it. Remember, there should be balance in a diet, not just eating low GI carbs. more fiber isn't the best thing for your body either.

Guys, does any one happen to have this e-book :-

Fat Loss - Burn The Fat Feed the Muscle

Have read a lot of good reviews about it

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach (Post 1322185)
I have been here for quite some time and have simply missed this thread. Man am I excited ! Indeed I am.

At first, I would love to know about the guys who are in NCR and are into serious bodybuilding/fitness.

I will share my details soon.

Hey There! harry10 and I are from NCR. Keep us posted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram18 (Post 1322303)

I thought the GI theory had been debunked?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Circle (Post 1323156)
Guys, does any one happen to have this e-book :-

Fat Loss - Burn The Fat Feed the Muscle

Have read a lot of good reviews about it

The hardest thing to do is put on "lean mass". Most of us don't have the genetics to do it, so there are multiple methods to tackle to reach the end goal of putting on lean mass.
What are your goals?

hi, are any of you on bb.com? would like to add you as friends. mine is "vishalpipraiya".

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishalpipraiya (Post 1328796)
hi, are any of you on bb.com? would like to add you as friends. mine is "vishalpipraiya".

Username on BB.com is Mblova

I have a query for all the experts here. It's going to be a long query, so have some patience! :p

I suffer a lot from cramps after playing Tennis for more than 2 hours. I dont suffer it while playing. At that time, I feel fit and ready to play some more. But when I reach home, take a shower and relax, then various muscles start cramping up. Calf, thigh(quadriceps and hamstrings), back, the side of my abs.

At this time, I drink a glass of water (about 400ml) with a spoonful of salt and the cramps goes away.

As part of my regular day, I end up drinking much more than 8 litres of water. So, water is not the problem. I think it is the salts.

Is it advisable to carry half a litre of salty water with me to the court and keep sipping it?

Or is it better to take some drink like enerzal? Enerzal also has lots of required electrolytes. But the problem is, it has calories as well. the point of playing tennis(apart from trying to improve my game) is to lose weight which means burning calories. Will ingesting the calories from the drink negate this to some extent?

Also, after about an hour of playing, my energy levels go down. I was tempted to take some energy drink to the court, but am resisting because I'll be just taking in more calories.

What do you suggest I should do? Any links on the net to help me?