Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2022, 22:42   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Moving to Bangalore

Engineers, Managers and Businessmen, if you are planning to move in to namma Bengaluru, think twice; better still, don't even think about it - if you are not an alumni of one of the desi Ivy league institutes.

Moving to Bangalore-img_20221126_222448.jpg

Twitter

Not for nothing is Bengaluru known as the silicon city of India, you know! The bar is set pretty high!

Grapevine is that the Bengaluru House Owner's Association is even planning on conducting an entry test to decide the eligibility of the applicants to be even considered as prospective tenants!

PS: Relevant guidebooks and question banks for the exam can be picked up from any of the bookshops in Avenue Road. Coaching centres for the same are coming up in the vicinity of Vijayanagara and Malleshwaram. Language and Phonetical trainings may be had in Koramangala, Indiranagar and the British Council library .
dailydriver is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 17:32   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Hi folks, I have finally relocated to the Garden City. Currently put up near Kattanallur Gate (Orion Uptown mall).
My Honda City is up for annual service and Google throws up ton of options with good reviews. Some are too good to be real. So asking if there any recommendations? Would prefer to go by Bhpian suggestion rather than blindly going by online reviews.
Finally got my Honda City serviced through a nearby workshop. Posting my experience for anyone in future looking for a garage in this area.

3S Auto - The trusted local
Since my original query about a reliable mechanic evoked no response, I had to fall back on the age-old method of searching on Google. Nowadays, every business on Google is rated as if it is god’s gift to mother earth.
Lo and behold, same was the pattern in this area where I found atleast 10 mechanics with 4.0+ average ratings. Taking a leap of faith, I chose 3s Auto. It had a lot of 5 star reviews, which always makes me nervous. But still went ahead with it because others were no different when it came to having glowing reviews on their CV. This one atleast had trust in its name

Overall customer experience was positive. The charges tuned out be reasonable as well. There was no pushiness to change or repair anything un-necessarily. I got a detailed summary of all things that were inspected along with observations and recommendations/action taken. Since it was 60k service, I was keen to change transmission oil but was told it is perfectly ok and will function till the next service. Same was the observation with few other parts.

Although I had handed over the car to one of the mechanics in the morning but while taking the delivery, it was the owner (Srinivasa) who was present and gave me a quick brief of all that was done. Talking to him for 5 minutes made it evident that the 5 star reviews were for great customer service and attitude these guys have. Seems he has worked for few OEMs as a service advisor and despises the culture of pushing unnecessary add ons.

Overall I would it give it a 4 (out of 5) star. Everything seemed perfect except for the fact they used 4 litres of petrol for their work. Seemed to be on higher side but I let it go.

It’s been only a week using the car so would need to observe long term before commenting on the overall quality.

Last edited by warrioraks : 28th November 2022 at 17:39.
warrioraks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 11:02   #138
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, appreciate any suggestions/recommendations for 1 or 2 bed room apartment accommodation (or references for brokers who can help) for someone moving from another city to Bangalore to work at an office near Kadubeesanahalli (Umiya Business Bay).
Old 15th February 2023, 11:05   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Guys, appreciate any suggestions/recommendations for 1 or 2 bed room apartment accommodation .
Try NoBroker. we got our tenant through them. The experience with them has been better than with brokers
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 21:18   #140

Hi Team,

I will be moving to Bangalore next week and would need a 1 BHK (can stretch to a 2 BHK) from April. My office in all probability will be in Basaveshwar Nagar (close to the police station), which if I understand correctly is old Bangalore and away from more common locations such as Marathahalli.

Ideally, a place within a walking radius of 15-20 mins from the office will be ideal. A gated society will be perfect but I am not sure if I will have a lot of options in this area. In that case I will probably need to look at standalone buildings (I think). What areas should I concentrate my house search in? Any other thing that I need to keep in mind?

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks