Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2022, 22:30   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Moving to Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Most large companies as far as I have seen are still in a wfh or hybrid mode with 1-3 days a week in office. Makes sense to move only once you need to regularly be in office and your teammates are also coming.
For hybrid, isn't it mandatory that the employee has to be present in the base location even on the days of not going to office?
Old 23rd June 2022, 17:23   #107
BHPian

Everything I need to know about Bangalore

Hi Everyone,

Till 2021 I was happy living in a small tier 2 city and enjoying the perks of WFH in a fantastic MNC which paid me well and my work life balance was perfect. I was not paying rent since I was living with my mom and was living the good life.

I have never been the ambitious types so I never even thought of leaving the city and look for opportunities outside but one day (and this happens with me a lot) I decided to leave my cushy job and look for jobs in the metro cities. 2 reasons for this, despite the increase in expenses biggest being rent, I wanted to earn like a lot of my friends and secondly, I wanted to have the experience of living by myself in a big city.

Juvenile as this may sound that was enough for me to brush up my skills, draft a new resume and get hunting. Got a job in Bangalore. I won't bore the readers more with my career jumps but basically as the title suggests, I am now coming to Bangalore within 10 days and I need your help.

So why TeamBHP? Because I need advice on everything from traffic patterns, to speed cams, to traffic cops, to weather to all the beautiful/interesting places I can pack up and do road trips on. Please do not spare any details. Pics would be a very useful addition too. For reference I have late 2021 Interceptor which has done 20,000 kms (ownership review coming soon) and I have done long tours on it with a bunch of luggage. I also have a petrol Ford Figo which has only run 19,000 kms in 6 years since I don't really like driving much).

I have hundreds of questions but I will try to condense them in the following. Also do not hesitate to add as many details and answers to questions I have not thought of in your replies. Heck this may just serve as a guide to anyone shifting there.

My office is in Bommannahalli and the place I have rented is in Sarjapur (many reasons why I took it so far). Google Maps shows its 14 kms one way and also shows between 30-40 mins of commute. How reliable is this?

Does it really rain every evening or is it just mild drizzling?

How bad are the traffic cops in terms of stopping vehicles from other states? By the way I ride and drive well within the confines of the law and with common sense.

Where are some excellent Third Party mechanics and Garages for my motorcycle and my car (Ford Figo)?

Can you tell me about all the places I can ride to over the weekend? I have heard a lot about Nandi Hills for example.

Is Goa really doable in 12-14 hours by road? How are the road conditions?

Can you also tell me about some good cafes and hotels where "motorcyclists" hang out? Definitely not a hang out place for posers who ride once a weekend or only go out on breakfast rides.

Any unsaid rules in Bangalore I should be aware of? Get creative with this, doesn't only have to be just about automobiles.

If anyone reading this is a part of a motorcycling group kindly send me a personal message if you can add me to it. I find its the best way to get to know a city. Tea and breakfast for the first ride is on me

My car has already been sent on transport and my motorcycle and rest of my luggage gets dispatched tomorrow. I am in Bangalore next Saturday so please any suggestions (even apart from the topics I stated above) will be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Vikram8891 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 17:28   #108
BHPian

Re: Everything I need to know about Bangalore

There is a thread (Moving to Bangalore) for this where you may find many of your queries answered.
AltoLXI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 17:42   #109
BHPian

Hey Vikram8891 ! I am in a similar boat. I will be relocating to Bangalore this weekend. I have shipped my bike through a logistics company and I will drive down to Bangalore from Kolkata during this weekend itself.
Let’s catch up sometime in the new city ! Also I had a ton of similar questions as well
turboNath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 17:43   #110
BHPian

Drop a PM to turboNath, he's also moving to Bangalore tomorrow, will be living/working around the same area as you and he rides an Interceptor 650 too!

Edit: oops, was a little late it seems ��
boniver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 18:42   #111
Senior - BHPian

All Bangalore BHPians, need your help.

One of my family members need to start working at an office located at the Manyata Tech Park, Nagavara. Questions to you all:
  1. Which are the good residential places nearby to stay?
  2. What would be the monthly rental for a 1BHK place at these places?
  3. What is the availability of 1BHK places at these places? Are they mostly independent single buildings or larger complexes with a lot of residences?
  4. Will these places in general have a dedicated parking space for a car assigned to each flat? Anyway this will be one of the things that we need to check.
Anything else that we should look at or consider? The person would have a bike to commute to the office or could use company transport (details of routes etc. not known at this point). Also this being the first job, we would want to look at stay options that are economical.
Old 23rd June 2022, 19:06   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboNath View Post
Hey Vikram8891 ! I am in a similar boat. I will be relocating to Bangalore this weekend. I have shipped my bike through a logistics company and I will drive down to Bangalore from Kolkata during this weekend itself.
Let’s catch up sometime in the new city ! Also I had a ton of similar questions as well
Dropped you a PM. One blind man leading another! Just kidding. Would be nice to catch up. Let's hope the locals help in answering some of our questions as well.
Vikram8891 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 21:19   #113
BHPian

I have tried to answer few questions below.

Google Maps shows its 14 kms one way and also shows between 30-40 mins of commute. How reliable is this?
During peak hours this can go anywhere from 45mins to 1.5hrs especially if it's raining.

Does it really rain every evening or is it just mild drizzling?
No drizzling, its either rain or no rain. Currently it's raining 3/4 days per week but mostly after 8PM or so.

How bad are the traffic cops in terms of stopping vehicles from other states?
They are strict with outstation vehicles since it's easy money. Police checks for violations are happening in many places throughout the city on a regular basis, so your chances of getting caught and fined are high unless you are able to avoid the main roads.

Where are some excellent Third Party mechanics and Garages for my motorcycle and my car (Ford Figo)?
For your Ford, you can stick to FASS since they do a decent job. My preference would be either Cauvery Ford or PPS Ford. If you want to try 3rd party garage you can look-up AutoExperts, they have multiple branches and most of their staff are ex-Ford.

Can you tell me about all the places I can ride to over the weekend? I have heard a lot about Nandi Hills for example.
Avoid Nandi Hills on weekends. There are a ton of better options around Bangalore, just google it up.

Any unsaid rules in Bangalore I should be aware of?
Traffic can be chaotic, learn to be patient. Try to learn the local language (Kannada) since it will be of immense help in many situations like dealing with cops/government officials etc. Even simple sentences like "Nanna hesaru XYZ (My name is XYZ)", "Kannada swalpa swalpa baruthe (I know a little-little Kannada)" will do wonders.

I am sure other members can add more valuable inputs.
Funny is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 22:39   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram8891 View Post
Hi Everyone,
Hello,

Answering 2 of your questions.

My office is in Bommannahalli and the place I have rented is in Sarjapur (many reasons why I took it so far). Google Maps shows its 14 kms one way and also shows between 30-40 mins of commute. How reliable is this?
It's unpredictable.

Refer the below thread for some places.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ort-rides.html (Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides)

My advice would be to keep an open mind before you move here. Things will be different when you live by yourself. You can slowly figure out how things are rather than set your mind based on multiple opinions.
shady is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 10:56   #115
BHPian

Hi folks,

Looking for some guidance and recommendations on areas/specific projects to rent in east bangalore

I'll be moving from Chennai to Bangalore mid october and need to rent an apartment. My office is in Bagmane Capital Business Park south tower luxor building.

My budget will be around 25-28k and looking for below in order of preference

1. 3 BHK preferred unless it is too expensive.
2. Need car parking mandatory
3. Lift is mandatory since parents can't climb stairs on daily basis
4. Availability of basic needs like grocery and vegetables within walking distance
5. Gated community preferred with amenities like swimming pool if possible
6. Public transport is not a deal breaker since I will mostly commute by car/bike
Old 14th October 2022, 14:40   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
Looking for some guidance and recommendations on areas/specific projects to rent in east bangalore
Quoting myself. Any leads will be very helpful. Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 14th October 2022 at 17:08. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 14th October 2022, 15:18   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

, and listings to check.
Quote:
Check nobroker for property listings. You will get a fair idea
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 15:53   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Kaggadasapura and adjoining areas. You can skirt K R Puram and access your office past DRDO-2 which connects to the ring road at Mahadevpura a couple of km from Bagamane. The only fly in the ointment is a chocked railway crossing.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 16:00   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Manyata Tech Park, Nagavara.
Tried to answer your questions:

Which are the good residential places nearby to stay?
** There are aplenty, try at Shobha City or Bhartiya City nearby

What would be the monthly rental for a 1BHK place at these places?
** Typically Bangalore is not 1BHK city but recent past builders started offering 1BHK in the apartment. Rent would go anywhere between 12K to 35K depending upon society / apartment / location.

What is the availability of 1BHK places at these places? Are they mostly independent single buildings or larger complexes with a lot of residences?
** I would say mostly available in independent single building, but few apartments/large complexes offer 1BHK.

Will these places in general have a dedicated parking space for a car assigned to each flat? Anyway this will be one of the things that we need to check.
** If you take apartment on rent then definately you will get atleast 1 car park place. Not guarenteed in the individual buildings.

Post pandemic, Bangalore sees unprecedented rise in the rent for the apartments. The demand for apartment is increasing every passing month. Still some areas are fine, like Nagwara / Thanisandra etc.
anujmishra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 10:44   #120
BHPian

I am an unmarried kannadiga who stayed for a couple of months in front of Manyata tech park and here are my observations as a local/non local, when i played a game of not knowing kannada, which is the local language here.

Bargaining for room rent/maintenance/travelling in auto/uber/handling the traffic police etc is almost impossible without knowledge of kannada. please learn it, it is relatively easy to pick up. I pretended to be a Hindi speaking guy and man oh man what a revealing experience. Almost always, you will be overcharged. My Telugu brother in law had to pay a fine twice, because he couldnt convince the officer that he had already paid cash and not gotten a receipt. He learned from me and is a pro at bargaining now. Their tone and manner changed when i replied back to them in perfect Kannada. 160 bucks for a 3 km ride became +20 on the meter.

If you arent a married guy, there is a host of options for living near Manyata. PGs are aplenty with men/women PGs separate. Food is extremely average to surprisingly good. If you are married and have to rent a flat, parking space will be there in the basement as standard and a pool too, depending on how recently it has been built. But it is expensive. 20K a month is the least you are looking at upto 40K in a month.
100Kmphormore is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks