Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2019, 09:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Relocating to Bangalore

Yelahanka sounds like a good choice, but it is upcoming - so a lot of construction activity and chaos. The closest place 'with all amenities' should be RT Nagar since its located after the Hebbal bridge, (coming towards the city). 3 BHK would set you back by 25K. Anand Nagar (Behind Baptist) area is really calm and quiet. Get the vehicle, and use it. Fiat showroom and service is located right there. Some of my buddies have registered it in Bangalore as well, with charges being the same countrywide. Presidency school is located right at the entrance as a bonus. Most of my friends commute from there and highly recommend this area. Good luck mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Office at Mahadeva Kodigehalli near to the Bangalore Airport.
Old 5th August 2019, 10:48   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Yelehankha seems to be the logical choice. RT Nagar and surrounding areas would also be good as they more part of 'Proper Bangalore' and close to the city center areas. On the downside, staying in these places means crossing Hebbal which can be a traffic nightmare.

In general 15km in Bangalore is very very long, but considering a large chunk maybe covered in the Airport Highway, it may be ok to stay farther away on the basis of km.

Since you are coming alone, maybe start with some service apartment/long term room rental kind of place for a couple of months. Once you understand the dynamics and your must haves, you can decide on the apartment.

Edit: One other point to note is that I believe Shell has a major office in RMZ Ecoworld, Outer Ring Road. This will be around 50km and 1.5 hrs(on a good day) from the office you mentioned. Worth to check if you will be required to move between the 2 offices.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 5th August 2019 at 10:52.
Old 5th August 2019, 11:02   #48
BHPian

I am also seconding yelahanka as a good choice purely for personal reasons as i too stay there . In yelahanka, i suggest you look at new town instead of the old town ( congested in my opinion ). There are some good gated communities near Mother dairy. The shell R&D unit is at Hardware SEZ near devanahalli which can be reached via sathur cross , so no need to get till toll plaza. If your office is in Kodigehalli , then its close to Hebbal. As on date , yelahanka looks an eye sore due to some BWSSB work , but we are hoping things settle soon.

Schools choices , Poorna Prajna , Nagarjuna , presidency etc. All of them are CBSE. As others have pointed out , good hospitals are in hebbal ( columbia asia and aster ) and then MS Ramaiah a little further.

The other choice is Hebbal, in which i would suggest TATA nagar and also RT Nagar.

Bengaluruge Swagatha.
Old 5th August 2019, 12:17   #49
BHPian

I suggest staying somewhere near Manyatha Tech Park Gate 5 (back gate of the tech Park) or near Rachenahalli Lake. There are many options in all budgets, irrespective of whether you are looking for an apartment or an independent house.

Your office commute would be away from the general direction of traffic during peak hours. Columbia Asia and Aster are two decent hospitals which are easily accessible from there. Elements mall for shopping, or plenty of smaller shops if you prefer that.

Regarding CBSE schools, I would recommend DPS North Bangalore.
Old 5th August 2019, 18:51   #50
Senior - BHPian

@starter, @procrj, @Sebring @Jaguar @Miyata @rajeevraj @srini1785 @KL01toKL03

Heartfelt thanks mates, appreciate all the inputs. Still in the process of jotting down all the options. I am in Bangalore presently for a week but for a training so have been using the opportunity to speak to my colleagues regarding the bus routes and all. Will have to think from my wife's point of view as she doesn't speak kannada (She's from Pune) although I can speak fluently. Once I zero the zones, will be requesting again for the possible renting out options.

Thanks again for the inputs. Thats the reason I trust the forum more than my relatives.
Old 5th August 2019, 19:00   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Firstly Hearty welcome to Bangalore.

3 BHK near Yelahanka would pinch your pocket a lot lesser than say in RT Nagar or Hennur. Yelahanka is far less congested compared to the other parts of the city. Only grouse is if you to have to go towards the center of the city, you have a long journey (not in terms of distance, but in terms of time thanks to the traffic conditions).

Agree with CrAzY dRiVeR regarding the Punto. If it is in good condition bring it along, pay the taxes and continue driving the Punto. Else too much of a loss financially when the resale value comes in to the picture.
Old 10th August 2019, 20:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Stay options.
2) Schooling options.
3)Since parents are aged a good hospital nearby will be another requirement
4)I own a Punto now, already done 70k + kms. Would it be prudent to bring the vehicle to Bangalore and if so what would be the cost implications. I would definitely like to own a vehicle.
As someone who relocated this year to this part of Bangalore, sharing some information here. However feel free to PM me for more details

1) Yelahanka, in my opinion has the best balance of apartment options, commute time (not distance, this being Bangalore) to office and proximity to shopping.

2) DPS Bagalur is a good option for school and is actually on the way to your office commute

3) Columbia Asia hospital is close to Sahakar Nagar, Jakkur, Yelahanka (in increasing order of distance)

4) I brought my MH43 Polo GT TSI (moved only house, not the car ) and successfully changed the registration to KA50 through a contact who helped me with the process/paperwork. I did it since I intended to not part with it as yet. Refund from MH RTO is still a project ahead of me

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 10th August 2019 at 20:28.
Old 11th August 2019, 13:56   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Firstly Hearty welcome to Bangalore.
Thank you Krishna, appreciate your inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
As someone who relocated this year to this part of Bangalore, sharing some information here. However feel free to PM me for more details
Thanks mate for sharing your views and appreciate it a lot. Will PM you for more.
Old 11th August 2019, 14:50   #54
BHPian

I second most of the advise on the forum, specifically around travel distance from the workplace. I am originally from Bangalore and have lived most of my life in the city.

In the past few years, the unit of measure for distance in Bangalore is "time" . I'd strongly recommend living as close to the workplace as possible. 15 kms, especially along a congestion route can take up to 2 hours on a bad day! Choose wisely!
Old 11th August 2019, 15:46   #55
BHPian

1) Stay options.
A different choice apart from Yelahanka ~ 17 kms from Shell -- would be the House of Hiranandani property near the airport in Devanahalli ~ 16 kms from Shell.

Ozone Urbana is one more option -- this property is around 3kms ahead of the HOH property.

2) Schooling options.
Multiple schools are present from Yelahanka to the airport and you could choose.

3)good hospital nearby will be another requirement
Columbia Asia hospital in Hebbal as already mentioned.If you consider the HOH property then right behind the property a KM away you have Akash Hospital and Ramaiah Leena Hospital 4 kms away in Devanahalli.

4)I own a Punto now
Drive your Punto as long as you want to keep it -- dont forsee any issues as of now.Once you have settled and family has moved in then you could get a new car with kA regn.
Old 11th August 2019, 16:16   #56

Hey,

Would you be working at the Shell Research Centre ?
In the Hardware Park ?

If thats the case, Nearest best location would be Around Reva College.
Thats known as Bagalur Main Road, Check that.
Good schools are in the area. DPS, Vidhyashilp, Canadian International, Ryan Etc.

You have a lot of options. Some areas of Hennur area are best left alone.
Old 11th August 2019, 17:34   #57
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Welcome aboard the Bengaluru Bus Sir Ghodlur.
May I suggest looking for a place in Thanisandra.
Very near Hebbal and Hennur etc
Nice prices
Schools and hospitals nearby
Not too far from the city either.

Consider staying in a large development community called Bhartiya City.

I went to see it.
Came away impressed.

You would do well to look at it.

All the best!
Old 11th August 2019, 20:56   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bengalurur BHPians and other BHPains.

After having stayed in Mumbai all through my life, I am planning to relocate to Bengaluru in another 3 months time. This relocation is purely for office reasons. I was working with a subsidiary of Shell, now moving to main Shell company located in Mahadeva Kodigehalli near to the Bangalore Airport. Requesting help from Bengaluru BHPians to the queries below:
You are easy to be found on the GAL. Have sent you an email. Lets chat once you are back in office.

Last edited by adityasiera : 11th August 2019 at 20:58.
Old 12th August 2019, 10:22   #59
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to Bangalore.
I would suggest you to get into a PG accommodation for initial few months and then settle into a suitable locality as suggested by other members here.
Shell is located in KIADB area and the next big town nearby is Bagaluru(approx 6 kms). There are several PGs in Bagaluru and few more are coming up.
All of the Shell company buses pass through this area and there are several Shell employees residing in this area. However, this area has less population and not much options. Bus services are good though.
Next option is Sathnur (near Airport Road) and is near towards Yelhanka. There are several PGs serving specifically to Shell Employees. This area has good Markets, hospitals(Cytecare Hospial, Saralya, Regal) and is bit crowded as well. Several high end apartments are coming up while Nitesh, Bridge North etc are already existing. Regarding Schools, this area has DPS, close to Ryan International school.

Last edited by Sudhindra : 12th August 2019 at 10:27. Reason: More Inputs
Old 12th August 2019, 13:03   #60
BHPian

Hennur road would be the perfect place to stay. Your work place lies along the new access road to BIAL, and most of that road is 6 lane. There are 2 small stretches that pass through villages that are 2 lane. I bike along stretch regularly and 15 km is a breeze on that road at the moment. Also, staying on Hennur road you get to avoid the dreaded Hebbal flyover if you ever need to head into CBD.
Columbia Asia and Aster CMI hospitals are not too far away. North Bangalore has plenty of decent CBSE, ICSE and IGCSE schools as well.

Most Viewed