Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2012, 20:50   #10996
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Scale Model Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
manishalive - Could you post the names of the cars in your picture. Am not able to identify the non Austin Healey models.
1.) 1:18 1956 Austin Healey by Kyosho.
2.) 1:18 1962 Triumph TR4 Rally by Jadi.
3.) 1:18 1964 Monte carlo winner MGB by Autoart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
These three classic rally legends are classy Manish.

Some more photographs from different angles will be good.

I will get that "carpet" material and send you some images of the same at the earliest.
Thanks for the help and it was nice catching up with you on my Pune visit. I will post detailed pictures of the cars. I need to resize, what I have taken. On your Suggestion bought the MGA too. News on new purchases soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Few images which I created recently;
Spandan, as always your pictures are very classy. We love them a lot, keep them coming.

Quote:
One of the stars from Automania's new consignment is the finely detailed Rolls Royce Ghosts in 1:18 scale by Kyosho.

These luxury barges are available in silver and black.

Now this calls for another Mumbai visit, even if it is just see them!!!
I too came to know of the same in another forum. But some how dosen't excite me much. I might need your help in the frog eye car , to add to the trio. And I came to know that Austin Healey also did came with frog eyes, now I want that model too. Oh never ending list.

Quote:
Some random shots of significant automobiles like the BMW 2002, Lancia Fulvia HF coupe, Lancia Delta, etc.
I like your BMW 2002, the Lancia Fulvia (I have the same in 1:24), what is the white car next to Fulvia? By the way I like your BMW Z8,the merc and ofcourse the MGB and the Fiat. The British Racing Green suits a lot on the MGB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibby View Post
My Mondo Motors LP560 and One-77 1/18. The finish and quality on this isnt the best but the price I picked them up for cant argue much.
Your photography have come out very nice. Both cars look very nicely finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flotsam View Post
Here's the latest addition to my collection (with some of my other trucks in the background):
Mercedes-Benz L911 truck with loading crane (1969); 1:43 scale; by IXO Models
Sameer,
Nice to see you posting. You have got some of the nicest collection. the Merc truck looks so damn awesome. Some of the truck I did saw then going for sale in Nikko.
I will meet you soon buddy. I will inform you before hand this time. Would love to see your collection in person.

Last edited by manishalive : 11th February 2012 at 20:54.
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 22:48   #10997
Senior - BHPian

Here are some pictures I took of MGB as requested by all. Used my DSLR, but could not get great pics. Hope you guys like it.

The Scale Model Thread-dpp_0001.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dpp_0002.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dpp_0003.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dpp_0004.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dpp_0005.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dpp_0006.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dpp_0007.jpg
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 04:22   #10998
BHPian

Alfa Romeo 8C
The Scale Model Thread-cimg1683.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1686.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1690.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1694.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1696.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1692.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Here are some pictures I took of MGB as requested by all. Used my DSLR, but could not get great pics. Hope you guys like it.
Thanks
Doesn't matter what camera used, the MG will always look beautiful (Gentlemen Ride ).
In the 4th pic the rear left wheel looks bent inwards.
I need to add one in British racing green to my collection.

Last edited by zibby : 12th February 2012 at 04:25.
zibby is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 10:03   #10999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Alfa Romeo 8C
Thanks
Doesn't matter what camera used, the MG will always look beautiful (Gentlemen Ride ).
In the 4th pic the rear left wheel looks bent inwards.
I need to add one in British racing green to my collection.
Is this a Bburago version?? Looks good.

Thanks for the compliment on MGB, yes a British racing green would be the one to have in your collection. The bent wheel is courtsey shipping damage. I have to live with it on other wise clean car.
Old 12th February 2012, 10:34   #11000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flotsam View Post
Here's the latest addition to my collection (with some of my other trucks in the background):
Mercedes-Benz L911 truck with loading crane (1969); 1:43 scale; by IXO Models
Nice lineup of old timers flotsam. You surely have a great collection of heavy classic vehicles I really liked the Trabant with those liveries.

Quote:

Attachment 886246

Attachment 886247

Attachment 886248

Attachment 886249

Attachment 886250

Attachment 886251

Attachment 886252
WTG Manish bhai, your DSLR is capturing nice details including the unavoidable dust particles. Nice MG B.
Sorry to hear about the wheel though. I too faced this problem on my Merc SSK, the courier delivery person damaged the whole left side of car (i suspect cycle carrier) bending the front fender and wheels. I somehow managed to fix the negative camber though fender is still an eyesore to me.

Last edited by samsag12 : 12th February 2012 at 10:37.
samsag12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 17:18   #11001
BHPian

Manish, very nice of you to take time out from your schedule to meet me. I rarely come across another idiot (like me). Your MGB's colour scheme is better than the British racing green that I have. Apply a bit of polish on the painted parts and chrome. The car gleams like anything.

About the Rolls Royce models, Kyosho has done a good job scalein down the Ghost and other 1:18 scale models look small when this car is kept next to them.

Can you please send me the link from where you ordered the Triumph?

Zibby, your Aston Martin and Alfa 8C models are nice.

Unique and well detailed truck models Flotsam
AmarPaithankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 18:50   #11002

Mercedes 500 k

pardon me for pictures clarity, taken from phone.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-img_20120212_182638.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_20120212_182650.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_20120212_182713.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_20120212_182748.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_20120212_182812.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_20120212_182819.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_20120212_182832.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_20120212_182843.jpg  

Old 13th February 2012, 00:12   #11003
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 886246

Attachment 886247

Attachment 886248

Attachment 886249

Attachment 886250

Attachment 886251

Attachment 886252

I liked the last image in the line up. Although the light is falling too much on the body try softening the light by using butter paper. Dslr is a weapon to be reckoned with. Try googling Light painting That is the best way to shoot scale cars with minimal effort. Or else play with your aperture and shutter timings. Most important of all a little Post processing never hurts anybody.
Old 13th February 2012, 03:37   #11004
BHPian

Porsche 911 Targa
The Scale Model Thread-cimg1708.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1707.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1709.jpg

Mercedes Benz 180 (Ponton)
The Scale Model Thread-cimg1712.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1718.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1714.jpg

Quote:
Zibby, your Aston Martin and Alfa 8C models are nice.
Thanks

Quote:
Is this a Bburago version?? Looks good.

Thanks for the compliment on MGB, yes a British racing green would be the one to have in your collection. The bent wheel is courtsey shipping damage. I have to live with it on other wise clean car.
Sorry to hear about your car.
Yup the Alfa is Bburago, one of the best model made by the bburago.
zibby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 11:36   #11005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
WTG Manish bhai, your DSLR is capturing nice details including the unavoidable dust particles. Nice MG B.
Sorry to hear about the wheel though. I too faced this problem on my Merc SSK, the courier delivery person damaged the whole left side of car (i suspect cycle carrier) bending the front fender and wheels. I somehow managed to fix the negative camber though fender is still an eyesore to me.
Thanks sagar for the kind words, my wheel after joining now rotates for 1/2 of its rotation in vertical plane and rest half on a tilted plane as visible in pictures. Any way that's the only sour point, so not doing any thing extra.

Quote:
Manish, very nice of you to take time out from your schedule to meet me. I rarely come across another idiot (like me). Your MGB's colour scheme is better than the British racing green that I have. Apply a bit of polish on the painted parts and chrome. The car gleams like anything.

About the Rolls Royce models, Kyosho has done a good job scalein down the Ghost and other 1:18 scale models look small when this car is kept next to them.

Can you please send me the link from where you ordered the Triumph?
Amar, it was too kind of you to meet me . I have had a bad experience with polish on chrome parts with maisto models. So have stopped using the polish at all. Earlier I did not handled my models the way they should be, so may that could also be the reason for chrome to give away. Now I have learned from my mistake.

And yes the Rolls is freaking awesome, but thank goodness I don't have liking for the same. For triumph and my MGA it is ebay.de, do check ebay UK and many a times you will be surprised the ebay germany turns out to be cheaper.

Quote:
Mercedes Benz 180 (Ponton)
Yup the Alfa is Bburago, one of the best model made by the bburago.
Wow Mercedes Ponton is the car to have, we sincerely miss this scale model brand in India. They make a lot of insane stuff. I have build a few kits from them but still to own a diecast from Revell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOaD AsSaSin!! View Post
I liked the last image in the line up. Although the light is falling too much on the body try softening the light by using butter paper. Dslr is a weapon to be reckoned with. Try googling Light painting That is the best way to shoot scale cars with minimal effort. Or else play with your aperture and shutter timings. Most important of all a little Post processing never hurts anybody.
I do not have any post processing software :(. I used a butter paper, infact a plastic giving diffused light. I used two, one on left and other on right. Both CFL. In the end the one on left went out of charge. I still need to perfect my positioning / intensity of lights.

If you see exif data of my pictures, the exposure time is 2 sec, aperture is 22 Iso 400, in second and the continuing pictures the exposure time is 1.6 sec. I need further suggestions from you regarding a perfect set up.

I have 18-55 mm IS lens only from cannon, most of these pictures were from 30, 45 or 51 mm focal lenght.
Old 13th February 2012, 11:43   #11006
BHPian

Your Mercedes 180 Ponton is a lovely model. What make is it? This car, along with the Beetle and numerous other stand-out cars was a common sight on Goa's roads some years back.
Old 13th February 2012, 12:17   #11007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your Mercedes 180 Ponton is a lovely model. What make is it? This car, along with the Beetle and numerous other stand-out cars was a common sight on Goa's roads some years back.
That one is by Revell. We surely miss that brand in India.
Old 13th February 2012, 20:59   #11008
BHPian

Some more pics of the ponton with my neighbours house in the background.
Probably most photographed house in the area lol :P.

Name:  CIMG1723.JPG
Views: 987
Size:  109.3 KB

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1724.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1725.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1728.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1730.jpg

The top light is removable.
The Scale Model Thread-cimg1721.jpg

Quote:
Wow Mercedes Ponton is the car to have, we sincerely miss this scale model brand in India. They make a lot of insane stuff. I have build a few kits from them but still to own a diecast from Revell.
Quote:
Thanks
Its a revell. Ponton is one my and my dads favourite Merc. I have been searching one in black (civilian version car) instead of fire and police, i couldnt find so got da police version. There are quite few on ebay uk, i got mine from there aswell.
As far I can remember I hardly came across a Ponton in flesh in Goa. Saw quite few pics of them in and around Goa. I wish someday I get to own 1:1 scale of the car.
Next I want to get Revell W123 have been looking for one for a while.

Last edited by zibby : 13th February 2012 at 21:06.
zibby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 19:16   #11009
Senior - BHPian

Did some photography of the Mercedes #722 SLR . The pictures have not come out as expected. But nevertheless here they are. Hope you guys like it. This was my second 1:18 purchase in 2006.

The Scale Model Thread-dsc0001.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc0002.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc0003.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc0004.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc0005.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc0006.jpg
manishalive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 22:36   #11010
BHPian

Manish, your photography is getting better.

I ran out of patience and sold off my Nikon 3000D. It was a wrong choice, I should have chosen the Canon D1000 over it as it the "live view" function which is useful.

Now that I have got an Olympus SP 610UZ, it is much easier and results too are ok (if not very good).

Some days back, I shot my latest entrant whose images have been posted earlier. This Auto Art BMW 2002 procured from Automania, Mumbai is very well detailed and like your MGB and your Mercedes, is an excellent subject to photograph. Here are some more images of the BMW 2002...
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-1.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-2.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-3.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-4.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-5.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-6.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-7.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-8.jpg  

AmarPaithankar is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com