1:20 Tata Harrier
The Scale Model Thread-hr_1.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-hr_2.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-hr_3.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-hr_4.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-hr_6.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-hr_7.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dscn0982.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 1st November 2019 at 17:19. Reason: Post fixed on request.
skanchan95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 15:29   #12677
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Scale Model Thread

The Motorcycle is a seriously detailed model. Exceptional quality. I am glad to see Indian makes finding their way to good quality scale models. Tata Harrier and BAe Harrier. Nice touch.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 05:51   #12678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
[b][u]

1:20 Tata Harrier
Attachment 1928965

Attachment 1928973
Very authentic looks.
Could you let me know where can I find Harrier scale model? Amazon/Flipkart/FirstCry does not seem to have them.
Any idea if Hexa are also available?
Old 28th November 2019, 06:55   #12679
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
Very authentic looks.
Could you let me know where can I find Harrier scale model? Amazon/Flipkart/FirstCry does not seem to have them.
Just check with a Tata dealer. They may have access to some of those.
I believe there were Nano scale models too sold when it was launched.
Old 28th November 2019, 08:08   #12680
BHPian

Beautiful shade, better than the real deal! Are the ORVMs skewed for a reason? They couldn’t replicate the Harrier’s large mirrors?
Old 28th November 2019, 15:30   #12681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
Very authentic looks.
Well,Tata has listed it for sale on Tata Harrier website. But the procedure for buying it is unclear (You book and pay in advance. But who delivers it? Tata directly or the local Tata dealership? What is the waiting period? what if it is damaged in transit?). With these queries in mind, I wrote an e-mail to Tata Customer Care (largely because I have heard horror stories about the local Tata dealership and wasn't sure about it if the model was going to be delivered by the dealership).

There was no reply to the e-mail, but within half an hour I got an enthusiastic call from someone claiming to be the local tata dealership Sales Manager, asking me If I had posted an enquiry for a Tata Harrier!!!! I replied by saying that yes I had, but it was for the Harrier Scale model and not the actual car!!! Immediately I sensed that he was deflated when he said "Scale Model Aaaaaa?" and said he will have to check his stock and he will call me back. Needless to say, he never called back!!!! That was the end of my interest in the scale model and Tata as a brand(not that I was interested in the brand because of the local dealership)

A couple of months later, I came across the same Harrier model on scaleartsin.com. Bought it from there.

Your best bet would be a Tata dealer. Apparently, the model was being gifted for free to those who were booking the actual Tata Harrier.
Old 29th November 2019, 15:24   #12682
Senior - BHPian

1:18 Tata Nano (Norev)
The Scale Model Thread-nano_3.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-nano_4.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-nano_5.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-nano_6.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-nano_7.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-nano_8.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-nano_9.jpg

1:43 Honda Fit/Jazz (J Collection)
The Scale Model Thread-jazz_2.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-jazz_3.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-jazz_5.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-jazz_6.jpg
Old 3rd December 2019, 20:39   #12683
Senior - BHPian

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01N06TLSV/..._QGN5DbZ41AS44
1:18 scale 1961 Jaguar E cabriolet on sale in Amazon at 40% discount.
Just in case if anyone is interested here.
Old 3rd December 2019, 23:17   #12684
BHPian

Was recently reading about how with changes to F1 regulations, the cars have become bigger. So I thought I'd take out some of the models for a photo shoot...

The Scale Model Thread-img_20191107_2237193.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_20191107_223812.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_20191107_223759.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_20191107_223746.jpg

.....from left to right, that's the 2018 Force India, the 2016 Mercedes, 2009 Brawn GP, 2002 Ferrari, and 2001 Ferrari (all in 1:18 scale).
Jeevith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 01:13   #12685
BHPian

Hello everyone

I collect 1:24 scale models and one of my favorite hobbies is to click them. Sharing some pictures of my Lamborghini models below.

The Scale Model Thread-lamborghini-murcielago_01.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-lamborghini-huracan_03.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-lamborghini-aventador_04.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-lamborghini-gallardo_01.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-lamborghini-aventador_01.jpg
Astitva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 11:10   #12686
Senior - BHPian

1:87 40' Reefer Container - Maersk
Very happy to acquire this as this is directly related to our business of frozen seafood export.

The Scale Model Thread-ctnr_1.jpg

MWCU6986610 is the Container number (something like registration number on vehicles). 45R1 is the code for 40' High Cube Reefer Containers.
The Scale Model Thread-ctnr_2.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-ctnr_3.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-ctnr_4.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-ctnr_5.jpg

A refrigerated container or reefer is a shipping container used in intermodal freight transport that is refrigerated for the transportation of temperature-sensitive cargo like fruits, dairy products, frozen seafood etc. These containers are owned by shipping lines such as Maersk, OOCL, APL,PIL, Wan Hai etc. Bear in mind that for dry cargo that does not require temperature control, non-refrigerated containers are available.

Mostly these containers are either twenty or forty feet standard length(referred to as 20' or 40' Reefers). The common heights are 8 feet 6 inches and 9 feet 6 inches – the latter are known as High Cube or Hi-Cube containers. However there are customised, non-standard sized container offered by some shipping lines.

The Net weight of the loaded cargo(in our case, frozen seafood) in a 40' container must never exceed 25-26 MT (25000-26000 kgs). Earlier, cargo upto 28000 Net Weight could be loaded Net weight of the cargo means actual weight of the product - excluding cartons, packing material weight). But now due to RTO and Port restrictions, maximum of 26 MT is loaded( which means cargo gross weight of around 28-29 MT). If the weight exceeds the limit, penalty will be imposed and/or container will not be loaded on the ship because weight restrictions are imposed strictly on all ports(both domestic and international).

Once the container is loaded on a container ship for onward shipment, the shipping line issues a "Bill of Lading" or BL - a legal document issued by a carrier/shipping line to a shipper that details the type, quantity, and destination of the goods being carried in the container. A bill of lading also serves as a shipment receipt when the carrier delivers the goods at a predetermined destination.

An example BL(details blanked out intentionally) from PIL shipping line for cargo shipped in a PIL 40' Container from Kolkata to Ho Chi Minh City port.
The Scale Model Thread-obl_028page001.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-obl_028page002.jpg

While a reefer has an integral refrigeration unit, they rely on external power, from electrical power points at a land-based site(factory/cold storage), a container ship or from power points n the Port. When being transported over the road on a trailer or over a rail wagon, they can be connected to a generator. Refrigerated containers are capable of controlling temperature ranging from -65 °C up to 40 °C.

Container on a trailer at a cold storage, ready for loading cargo(that was loaded yesterday).
The Scale Model Thread-dscn1959.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dscn1958.jpg

The refrigeration unit of the container
The Scale Model Thread-refrig_unit.jpg

Temperature control panel of the Refrigeration unit
The Scale Model Thread-refrig_cl.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-refrig_unit_wires.jpg

Plugged in to a power source for cooling the container
The Scale Model Thread-refrig_connect.jpg
Inside of an empty container:
The Scale Model Thread-dscn1960.jpg
The Internal air/blower vents:
The Scale Model Thread-refgri_int.jpg

Fully loaded cargo. The cargo( in this case frozen seafood packed in strong cardboard cartons) is stacked neatly to avoid shifting of cargo during transit:
The Scale Model Thread-ctnr_ldd.jpg

THe vertical grey pipes you see are the locking mechanism of the container. Once locked, they seal the container completely to prevent loss of temperature.
The Scale Model Thread-dscn2055.jpg
The Scale Model Thread-dscn2056.jpg

The container before leaving the premises is sealed to two "Seals". One is from the Customs and one is from the shipping Line. These seals are broken at the destination port by the customs there for inspection of the cargo. If all is ok, the container is released to the consignee.
Customs Seal:
The Scale Model Thread-seal_customs.jpg

Shipping line seal(in this case OOCL shipping line)
The Scale Model Thread-seal_sl.jpg

Containers are transported to other ports on ships like these . This one is the Denmark flagged container ship "Maersk Mumbai". The Mumbai Maersk set the World Record for Highest Ever Load carried last year.
The Scale Model Thread-mumbaimaersk_9780471_2116097_large.jpg

On land, these containers are transported by truck trailers or in railway wagons to and from the port. From the port, they are loaded on container ships for transport to other international or domestic ports. Once the ship unloads the container at the destination port, after customs clearance formalities, the container is again loaded as it is onto a truck trailer or on a goods train for delivery to the consignee. The consignee unloads the cargo and returns the empty container back to the shipping line.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 11th December 2019 at 11:28.
Old 27th December 2019, 19:23   #12687
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors have launched the Altroz in it's official website for collectors. Only 1000 available as per the site. Link below
https://altroz.tatamotors.com/scale-model
If anyone is interested in it, here.
Old 28th December 2019, 19:35   #12688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Tata Motors have launched the Altroz in it's official website for collectors. Only 1000 available as per the site. Link below
https://altroz.tatamotors.com/scale-model
If anyone is interested in it, here.
I paid for the Red one four-five days on the website. I got a portal generated transaction number after payment and a order confirmation e-mail stating I will get an e-mail soon with Sales Id number and Dealership dtls "shortly". But since then, there 's been a deathly silence from their side.

I enquired with Tata Customer Care about when and who will deliver the model to me quoting the confirmation email. They only gave a stereotype reply on e-mail - 'someone will get in touch with you soon'. This is most frustrating, why can't they reply with specific details that I had asked for?
Old 5th January 2020, 14:32   #12689
BHPian

Hi. I am looking to gather few scale models, and I have a pre-beginner knowledge to these. Where in Bangalore can I get top quality scale models that maintain the highest levels of details and top finishing?
Looking for Skoda Octavia, BMW 530D M Sport, Porsches, Range Rovers, Ferraris. I know about the 'Model Art' store in Forum Mall, Koramangala. But is there any better store? If not store, which website is genuine with such high quality products? I came across this site - https://scaleartsin.com
Old 5th January 2020, 16:51   #12690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
Hi. I am looking to gather few scale models, and I have a pre-beginner knowledge to these. Where in Bangalore can I get top quality scale models that maintain the highest levels of details and top finishing?
Looking for Skoda Octavia, BMW 530D M Sport, Porsches, Range Rovers, Ferraris. I know about the 'Model Art' store in Forum Mall, Koramangala. But is there any better store? If not store, which website is genuine with such high quality products? I came across this site - https://scaleartsin.com
If price is no bar eBay is a good place for top quality models. Most models/sellers are from abroad, so factor in the customs duty over and above the price on ebay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks