Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2006, 15:53   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssl2uv108
Can anyone pls list down VEG THALI joints ?

Regular places which are non-star kind within business districts.
Hi,

Panchvati Gaurav - Opp Bombay Hospital & Chetna @ Kala Ghoda serve excellent Thali's besides Bhagat Tarachand. BTW Bhagat Tarachand is also known for its Marwari fare(Dal Bhati etc)

Viper
Old 30th September 2006, 16:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Man, this thread is bad for health!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
...young boys, doing the Axl rose falsetto (that would be me...
You are NOT young!!!

<off to find food>
Old 3rd October 2006, 17:10   #33
BHPian

i think i am a big fan of urban tadka chicken...
i mean the one in mulund....awesome kebabs..
a must-eat is the chicken pahadi kebab...
the chicken kalamirchi is awesome and so is the jalandhari chicken ...
anything chicken frm urban tadka rules...
the veg is also pretty decent..sarson ka saag rules...
they have a bar too...
well the ambience is very punjabi ..they emulated a dhaba kinda feel...staff very good..u cud really have a complimentary dish or dessert sumtyms..i have had some decent complimentary frm the staff..
urban tadka, r-mall, mulund..
price is decnt comes upto 500-600 for two ppl...
starters a lil expensive...and mind u the dishes are pretty big too...the quantity is upto 3 ppl...per dish

next is the the grill at thane...
very good sizzlers and pastas..
cost 200-250 per sizzler..pretty good quantity.. ambience is decent...staff friendly..
its in thane ....near malhar talkies...

i am frm thane so dunno much abt the townside plcz... if u come here to thane these are pretty decent places to eat...also affordable..
I AM A STUDENT WITH LIMITED POCKET MONEY..so no 5stars thingie for me much...
Old 6th October 2006, 14:42   #34
BHPian

@nc : excuse my ignorance but where exactly are Rajdhani and Bhagat Tarachand located ?

List of places to eat in Navi Mumbai - Locations please !

@viper : Dont know if you have relatives in interior Maharashtra but Dal Bhati by a Marwari Maharaj in North Maharashtra can be PURE SIN.
Old 6th October 2006, 15:59   #35
BANNED

Quote:
@nc : excuse my ignorance but where exactly are Rajdhani and Bhagat Tarachand located ?

List of places to eat in Navi Mumbai - Locations please !

@viper : Dont know if you have relatives in interior Maharashtra but Dal Bhati by a Marwari Maharaj in North Maharashtra can be PURE SIN.

Hi,

Bhagat Tarachand is at Kalbadevi near the Cotton Exchange bldg. Rajdhani is at Crawford Market.

I have eaten in Rajasthan, Udaipur, M.P. etc and in Mumbai as well. SOme of my very close friends are Marwari's. Though personally avoid it as it is too heavy.

Viper
Old 6th October 2006, 16:25   #36
BHPian

Irani cafes!

Only someone who deeply loves Mumbai can appreciate Irani cafes !

Read this link http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...0600020100.htm

off topic - folk, please tell me how to shorten links saying here
Old 6th October 2006, 16:48   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

here you go
Old 16th October 2006, 09:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Name/Location: The Pizzeria / Powai, Marine Drive nd Versova (?)

Average Cost:
200-300 a pizza

Food:
The Pizzeria definitly has the best pizzas in town. They have been in Mumbai much longer than Dominoes or Pizza Hut came here and Iv been a fan of their pizzas right from the beginning. One particular pizza that I really like is the HumYum which has Bacon Onions and Extra cheese. This combination tastes really good though it is not on the menu anymore. If you want a peperoni pizza I suggest you stick to Dominoes who have the best Peperoni. If you are a veggie I suggest you go in for 'the talk of the town' which is your basic onion mushroom nd capsicum pizza. They also offer stuffed crust pizzas in their 8" range which are good too. Pizzeria also has a concept called Quad Pizza which is 4 different toppings on one 12" pizza. Makes a lot of sence for people who want to share. They also have the usual pasta nd garlic bread nd cheese though their pizzas are what really sets them apart. Their pizzas are very rich and made to your liking unlike Dominoes and Pizza Hut where the pizzas taste like they were made in a factory. In Pizzeria you get the feeling that some passion has gone into making the pizza nd its not just made by some guy whos making your pizza according to a rule book. They have recently changed their entire menu and have taken off many items I really used to like. They had a really good Risotto which isnt available anymore. They also had a pasta which would be made just the way you like it. They had some sort of garlic bread too which was topped with chicken in a whitish sauce. tht was really good too. I dont think any of the dishes mentioned above are on the menu anymore. The food here is really good nevertheless and even tastes good the next morning when you heat it up in the microwave.

Service:
I have hardly ever eaten in the restaurant and always order the pizzas home though the service isnt bad. Im not sure about the branch in town but in Powai the waiters dont always know everything about the pizzas though they are more than willing to call the manager or the chef to assist you. Overall the service is really quick and efficient.

Ambience:
The ambience in Powai is quite rubbish and the AC in the restaurant isnt even working half the time. However the ambience in town is AMAZING. The restaurant is right on marine drive and has little windows which are opened and you have a direct view of the sea and some traffic. You are literaly sitting on the side walk which is really nice. I have never been to the Versova branch.

Conclusion:
Definitly the best pizza place in town unless your really into authentic italian pizzas. The town branch does quite well though I kinda have doubts about the Powai one. I would definitly reccomend this place to anyone who lloves pizzas. The only downside is tht isnt widespread and thus you have to be lucky to have one in your area. The owner, Sanjay Narang of Mars Restaurants should work a bit on marketting the restaurant across Mumbai nd Im sure it can easily take on Dominoes nd Pizza Hut
Old 22nd October 2006, 09:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
. Rajdhani is at Crawford Market.
There is a bigger Rajdhani at Nirmal Lifestyles in Mulund. A lot less chaotic then the one at Crawford Market
Old 22nd October 2006, 20:41   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
There is a bigger Rajdhani at Nirmal Lifestyles in Mulund. A lot less chaotic then the one at Crawford Market
There is a nice Rajdhani at InOrbit Malad.
Old 23rd October 2006, 01:26   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone pls list down VEG THALI joints ?

Regular places which are non-star kind within business districts.

This is a yummy thread!

Golden Star - Oppo Charni Rd. Stn (Opera Hse end)
Samrat - Churchgate is good too
Old 23rd October 2006, 07:26   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Some of my favs restraunts:

Chinese: Royal China (Definatly one of my favourites,the peeking duck is to die for and dim sums too.)
China Garden (Otters Club one is much better than the actual one at crossroads)

Italian: Indigo(Love their Deli too)
Fangipani @Oberio (Ammmazing pizzas)
Grand Hyatt (Thinnest pizza crust u will ever see!)

Indian: Peshawari (Unbeatable kababs and Dal Makhani)
Elco Pani Puri (Best tasting and cleanest!)
Noorani (Biryani)
Gajalie(Seafood madness!)

Damn, i miss bombay food!!
Old 23rd October 2006, 07:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

All this is fine, but does anyone know where to get the genuine Andhra stuff? The Real McCoy? Or Real McReddy? I wants it.
Old 23rd October 2006, 12:55   #44
BHPian

[quote=Sahil]
Elco Pani Puri (Best tasting and cleanest!)
Noorani (Biryani)

Sahil, yes you are correct abt elco pani puri. Its the best around
Coming to Noorani, its their fish/ chicken tikka biryani which is the best, but in my opinion, their regular chicken biryani is no great shakes .
I would prefer Delhi Darbar (Colaba causeway) or Fun n Food restaurant ( hotel fountain, Thane Ghodbunder Rd junction NH 8). Their regular chicken biryani is very good, but not the tikka one.

Happy-eating!!!

az
Old 27th October 2006, 01:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Some of my favs restraunts:

Chinese: Royal China (Definatly one of my favourites,the peeking duck is to die for and dim sums too.)
China Garden (Otters Club one is much better than the actual one at crossroads)
Hey Sahil.
The Crossroads one shut shop a while back. It has been re-christened and shifted to kemps corner. Its a 20,000 sq ft. place now. Huge and rocking!!

X

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks