Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2019, 10:12   #301
BHPian

Re: Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!

The battery of my jio-fi device has bloated. Where can I get a replacement battery?
Old 15th April 2019, 10:40   #302
BHPian

In Ahmedabad (and I am sure in other places too) Jio has started extending its service for Jio Giga Fiber. Got mine installed at home last week.

The process is very quick and I got the device installed at home within 2 days of the representative calling me. I had got a reference from another colleague of mine who had the Giga fiber installed in his society a few months back.

There is a 4500, refundable deposit to be paid for the integrated device that they put in. It acts as the modem and wifi router combined and when the Jio Phone and TV services will start, the same device will be the Set top box and the junction box for the phone.

Speeds are as advertised. I checked for the speeds all through the weekend and consistently got 96 - 99 MBPS speed for uploads and downloads.

The service is free for now - till the time they rollout commercially. Also the 4500 is refundable - incase you decide to not continue with Jio once their commercial plans are announced.
Old 14th August 2019, 15:14   #303
Senior - BHPian

I think Part - 2 of the Jio Mania will kick off soon with plan details etc to be announced on 05 Sept 2019:

Mukesh Ambani unveils Jio Fiber & the mother of all set top boxes : URL

Features and services offered look compelling
Old 14th August 2019, 19:29   #304
BHPian

Mukesh Ambani should be celebrated by India. He's the one who made mobile phones cheaper and affordable for the middle class, and then made internet on phones affordable, and now this JioFiber net!

No wonder he's the richest man in India. Kudos to him and his vision

Last edited by GTO : 24th August 2019 at 20:02. Reason: typo
Old 15th August 2019, 21:37   #305
Senior - BHPian

I was fed up with the call drops in Airtel and ported my personal number to Jio. Also, I used to work for Reliance Retail earlier and I had an office connection which was Jio, so way back in 2016 we were given Jio connections and we all know the initial struggle with the network connectivity, especially calls. Anyway, things got way better with Jio and hence I decided to port even my personal numbers, all of my family to Jio. And we have had a much better experience in the last 1.5 years.

However, I have been noticing that the data speed is very slow with Jio for the last 2-3 weeks. Very unusual. But where can you go now? Airtel is no better even now. Since my office connection is now Airtel, I can see that its pretty much the same, less call drops though, but data is still extremely inconsistent with Airtel.

So have to wait for Jio to get better, I hope its some temporary blip.
Old 16th August 2019, 14:08   #306
BANNED

Whatever we may say, Jio has become the biggest overtaking Vodafone-Idea and Airtel. Originally due to the money squabbles it went to ADA while it was the brainchild MDA. So now we have a square peg in a square hole. So let us accept reality. Now he is talking of as much as 2GBps.
Old 16th August 2019, 14:56   #307
BHPian

I'm waiting for it to roll out in my city.

I already have a ACT Gigabit connection for my office and I feel this is like a good marketing strategy.

I'm sure the initial hype will fade off once the offers are rolled out.
Old 16th August 2019, 15:23   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

As much as I didnt want to move, I have registered for Jio Fiber. I am hoping for a better behaviour from Jio guys than the ACT and Hathway guys here. At corporate level, expecting a more consistent service too.
Old 19th August 2019, 12:59   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Roll out has started in Bangalore. I came across couple of installation technicians in JP Nagar 5th Phase. They said 3 months free, a huge download limit, but Jio TV yet to be added. Called the sales guy who said it would take another 3 months for our area though adjacent to that. The sales person also said that Jio would contact those who have expressed interest, as soon as they are ready for the area.
Old 19th August 2019, 13:14   #310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Roll out has started in Bangalore.
Rollout started in Feb 2019 in my apartment. Many neighbors have it since then. I paid the 4500/- installation charge, but they failed to install in my apartment because there were too many older wires in the duct. But they never returned the money. Little later Mukesh paid 450 crores to Anil to get the latter out of bankruptcy. I figured that is where my money went.
Old 19th August 2019, 13:17   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
But they never returned the money.
I hope you get it back soon. I had paid 1k to Airtel, but they did not return the money either.

The Jio techs said it is 2.5k for the deposit now.
Old 1st September 2019, 16:12   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Roll out has started in Bangalore. I came across couple of installation technicians in JP Nagar 5th Phase. They said 3 months free, a huge download limit, but Jio TV yet to be added. Called the sales guy who said it would take another 3 months for our area though adjacent to that. The sales person also said that Jio would contact those who have expressed interest, as soon as they are ready for the area.
Can you PM me the number to contact them on? I want to check if any availability in Jayanagar.

What I heard was that they are only doing Apartments as of now and not Individual houses...
Old 1st September 2019, 17:56   #313
Senior - BHPian

Getting Jio Fiber for home, was charged ₹ 2500 refundable security deposit and installation is slated for tomorrow. The modem is free.
Old 1st September 2019, 20:16   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Getting Jio Fiber for home, was charged ₹ 2500 refundable security deposit and installation is slated for tomorrow. The modem is free.
What are the tariff plans?
Old 1st September 2019, 20:19   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
What are the tariff plans?
That announcement comes on Sept 5th.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks