Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will you burn crackers this diwali?
Yes 262 35.26%
No 428 57.60%
Maybe 53 7.13%
Voters: 743. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2021, 09:01   #796

Re: Will you burn crackers this diwali?

Burst Crackers after a really long time and it was a fantastic Diwali.

Diwali has been special throughout the childhood, slowly it started fading away after getting a job and staying away from family.

While I understand the people who say no to crackers, The sounds, sights and smell evoke a ton of memories to people who enjoy it.

Things would have been nice if all the influencers stayed away from preaching during the time. IMHO, atleast for the authenticity, they should preach throughout the year for all kinds of celebration.

I will be a hypocrite if I say no to crackers while I enjoy driving my car and do countless things which damage the environment.
gopalsunny is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 09:10   #797
BHPian

Happy (belated) Diwali to all.

I burst crackers to my hearts content. Bought a bag full on 1st, with my Kid starting to burst a few on 1st , 2nd and 3rd. He then knew what kind of crackers he liked (hadn't burst that many last year) - so went and bought more crackers on 3rd night. My son and nephew had a lot of fun, alongwith all of us in the family and we safely burst crackers in an open ground. Followed it up with more crackers on 5th (Gujarati New Year) morning and evening again. Finished off the last of them last night.

We also didn't put up any lights (the Chinese ones). Like each year - we went and bought clay 24 clay diyas. The kids painted the diyas and we had them up from Dhanteras (2nd Nov) through yesterday Bhaidooj. My kid would go around and see that the diyas didn't run out of oil - if the oil was getting low, I had to go and refill them.

These are traditions that I have learnt from my parents, they will be handed down to my kids and grandkids. I really don't care for the Green brigade and the Greta's of the world - they have their opinion and are entitled to it. But I have my beliefs and I am bloody well entitled to them too. So if it pains you, don't follow any practices that don't you feel strongly about - stop patronizing me.
GJ01 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 09:35   #798
BHPian

We also burst a lot of crackers this year the highest in the last couple of decades.

Apart from the reaction to the sermonising by celebrities, people slowly coming out of the very tough 2 years, also seems to have induced a lot of "revenge" celebration.

I feel this surge may not sustain in the future.
DigitalOne is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks