Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will you burn crackers this diwali?
Yes 262 35.26%
No 428 57.60%
Maybe 53 7.13%
Voters: 743. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2021, 09:18   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Will you burn crackers this diwali?

Hi folks, maybe an OT question here but I am planning to buy sparklers and flower pots for bursting this diwali just for my kids sake. Are there any stalls setup in Bangalore where I can go and buy?
Old 2nd November 2021, 09:53   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Hi folks, maybe an OT question here but I am planning to buy sparklers and flower pots for bursting this diwali just for my kids sake. Are there any stalls setup in Bangalore where I can go and buy?
I saw there were quite a few open on Hosur Road as early as 20th October itself. These were after Electronics City towards Chandapura.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 10:36   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Hi folks, maybe an OT question <snip> Are there any stalls setup in Bangalore where I can go and buy?
If interested can provide contact details of an agency that sells crackers at lower than market prices (= Hosur prices), and home deliver the items.

Not posting the contact here to avoid presumption of promoting a business!
KrisTvpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 10:47   #724
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
If interested can provide contact details of an agency that sells crackers at lower than market prices (= Hosur prices), and home deliver the items.

We trust every BHPian, unless proven otherwise

Please go ahead and post the details.
Eddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 11:16   #725
BHPian

Quote:

Here goes... (caveat: got this ref. from a friend, guess this agency's supply is localised to only Bengaluru area!)

Will you burn crackers this diwali?-diwalicart.jpg
KrisTvpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 13:11   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are few stalls on the Airport road opposite the Air Force gate and before the beginning of the flyover just after the Air Force compound, on the right side when travelling towards airport.

Quote:

I am not sure how discounted the prices are in Hosur and I was planning to go last weekend there to buy as well.

There was a new article last week about shops set up in Yelahanka and few other places in Bangalore and how they didn't have customers because they think that prices in Hosur were the lowest and that they are actually not because the box price is jacked up 2-3 times the MRP and then discounted to make it look like it is a big discount,( Amazon style), when in reality the prices you pay is similar to the shops set up in some areas in Bangalore itself.

I picked up some non-cracker type items just for the sake of my daughter this time and got a discount mainly because it was old stock. Have to leave it in the sun till they are used this weekend.

Last edited by tharian : 2nd November 2021 at 13:17.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 13:31   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
There was a new article last week about shops set up in Yelahanka and few other places in Bangalore and how they didn't have customers because they think that prices in Hosur were the lowest and that they are actually not because the box price is jacked up 2-3 times the MRP and then discounted to make it look like it is a big discount,( Amazon style),
+1

I can vouch for this. Last year if i remember the discounts were roughly 80% on MRP 2 days before Diwali and as you get closer it rose to as high as 90% as they needed to clear stock.

PS : Told my boss that we were not the only company to offer 20-25% discount for our products .

Last edited by srini1785 : 2nd November 2021 at 13:33.
srini1785 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 13:29   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I saw there were quite a few open on Hosur Road as early as 20th October itself. These were after Electronics City towards Chandapura.
Quote:
If interested can provide contact details of an agency that sells crackers at lower than market prices (= Hosur prices), and home deliver the items.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
There are few stalls on the Airport road opposite the Air Force gate and before the beginning of the flyover just after the Air Force compound, on the right side when travelling towards airport.
Thanks guys for the pointers. I went and bought from Shivananda stores. They have multiple stores and I went to the hsr layout one. This has good parking space but the shop itself is quite small.
Old 3rd November 2021, 13:52   #729
Senior - BHPian

I have never been a fan of crackers, even as a Kid, Dad used to get them, and they used to last us a few Diwali's. Totally Stopped a few years ago.
May be a sparkler or two, if at all.
Old 3rd November 2021, 14:03   #730
BHPian

The bursting of crackers would start atleast 2 weeks before the Deepavali. My daughters enjoy bursting crackers every evening till the Deepavali day. It is said and believed in our custom that our agony too would burst alongwith the crackers that we light.
Old 4th November 2021, 20:07   #731
BHPian

Not bursting any crackers crackers today but I guess the LED lighting on my Creta makes up for it.

Will you burn crackers this diwali?-screenshot_202111042003173.png
RohaNN_kWh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 20:18   #732
Senior - BHPian

No crackers, haven't bought since age 13/14, never will. Bought plenty earthen lamps / Diya's.

Please be kind to those seasonal businesses whose owners have nearly lost their livelihood in the past 18 months.

P.S. : Although since it's raining, so even my ex-neighbour who was unwillingly bursting (family bought crackers out of spite for "celebrating" !) is happily sitting inside eating all the treats now.

P.P.S. : Happy Diwali!

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 4th November 2021 at 20:25. Reason: Added Post Script
GrammarNazi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 20:26   #733
Senior - BHPian

It's a Festival of Lights
Will you burn crackers this diwali?-img_3765.jpg
akshay4587 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 20:58   #734
BHPian

Used to burst crackers till few years back, now complete stop to avoid air and sound pollution. Have to admit my daughter influenced big time on this. We usually buy diyas and other decoration from the small time vendors and yes twinkling lights all around.

Happy Diwali to the Team BHP family!
Raghunath Singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 21:55   #735
Senior - BHPian

I haven't burst any crackers since last 12-13 years.
But this year wife insisted our 2 year old son need to feel the crackers fun.
So, 5 Fuljhaddi, 5 small anar is all we burned.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks