Team-BHP > Shifting gears


View Poll Results: My experience on Flipkart has been
Good 113 30.13%
Neutral 144 38.40%
Bad 118 31.47%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2019, 06:27   #226
Senior - BHPian
 
Sebring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dubai/Bengaluru
Posts: 2,159
Thanked: 6,297 Times
Default Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Walmart has just acquired this baby and so it's not headed for slow death. In fact big investments will be pouring in. I never sell my phones or HDD, since data can be retrieved easily, but my friends in Bangalore have exchanged phones on Flipkart (fuss free)
Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
I also had a bad experience with flipkart when purchasing a phone under exchange.
The phone to be exchanged was in perfect condition with not a single scratch on screen. The only minor scratch was on plastic part surrounding the screen. This minor scratch on plastic part was the reason for flipkart delivery boy to deny the deal during delivery.

It looked like seller never intended to sell the phone in first place as no sane person would find such flimsy excuse to reject the phone.

I immediately ordered another phone from Amazon under exchange and the deal was honoured without any issues.

I recently recived gift coupons from my employer for flipkart of 14k value and things I want to purchase are not available there.
Their selection of products is shrinking day by day and it appears flipkart is headed to slow death.

Though Amazon has vast selection and great service I would still want to have good competition and dread the day when Amazon is the only option for all our purchase.
Sebring is offline  
Old 7th November 2019, 08:42   #227
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 2,285
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Walmart has just acquired this baby and so it's not headed for slow death. In fact big investments will be pouring in. I never sell my phones or HDD, since data can be retrieved easily, but my friends in Bangalore have exchanged phones on Flipkart (fuss free)
Walmart infusing money into a this crappy unethical company doesnít mean it will never ever grinding halt. Money doesnít guarantee survival. A huge part of people who buy online have stopped buying from Flipkart. At the same time Amazon keeps getting better.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline  
Old 7th November 2019, 09:23   #228
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,414
Thanked: 2,977 Times
Default Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Walmart infusing money into a this crappy unethical company doesnít mean it will never ever grinding halt. Money doesnít guarantee survival. A huge part of people who buy online have stopped buying from Flipkart. At the same time Amazon keeps getting better.

Pramod
True. Have hardly shopped on Flipkart in the past 6 months. I wonder how they can afford to pay their employees sky high salary when the returns are not satisfactory
sagarpadaki is offline  
Old 7th November 2019, 09:55   #229
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 2,285
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
True. Have hardly shopped on Flipkart in the past 6 months. I wonder how they can afford to pay their employees sky high salary when the returns are not satisfactory
VC funds and now Walmart funds, as simple as that. I saw someone post a pic of a Chinese watch which they got when they ordered an apple watch. I didn't believe the OP at that time, now it all makes sense.

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-3b1cf476aba141a9b956820324afd65f.png


Itís written in Malayalam.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 7th November 2019 at 09:57.
pramodkumar is offline  
Old 7th November 2019, 10:11   #230
BHPian
 
rovingeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 341
Thanked: 902 Times
Default Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Flipkart is another Snapdeal in the making.
rovingeye is offline  
Old 7th November 2019, 11:04   #231
Senior - BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,495
Thanked: 2,113 Times
Default Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
True. Have hardly shopped on Flipkart in the past 6 months. I wonder how they can afford to pay their employees sky high salary when the returns are not satisfactory
Very simple. The billions of dollars which the company has received from investor money is used, in part, to fund these fat paychecks of senior employees. The story is no different in other big startups, but FK is one of the best known examples. There is no other way in which loss making entities like this can afford to pay what they do to their employees.
arindambasu13 is offline  
Old 7th November 2019, 11:08   #232
Senior - BHPian
 
blackwasp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 2,839
Thanked: 24,789 Times
Default Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Problem here is, unlike Amazon, which has other very lucrative business verticals, Flipkart lacks a source of money. Hence lots of things go unmonitored, or are ignored. On the other hand, I have had bad experiences with Amazon as well, but they are resolved sooner or later. Flipkart meanwhile, the lesser said the better.
blackwasp is offline  
Old 7th November 2019, 11:27   #233
BHPian
 
Habanero City's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 265
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
I also had a bad experience with flipkart when purchasing a phone under exchange.
The phone to be exchanged was in perfect condition with not a single scratch on screen. The only minor scratch was on plastic part surrounding the screen. This minor scratch on plastic part was the reason for flipkart delivery boy to deny the deal during delivery.

It looked like seller never intended to sell the phone in first place as no sane person would find such flimsy excuse to reject the phone.

I immediately ordered another phone from Amazon under exchange and the deal was honoured without any issues.

I recently recived gift coupons from my employer for flipkart of 14k value and things I want to purchase are not available there.
Their selection of products is shrinking day by day and it appears flipkart is headed to slow death.

Though Amazon has vast selection and great service I would still want to have good competition and dread the day when Amazon is the only option for all our purchase.
Have had similar experience with Flipkart in July/August 2019 and had shared this in the "online shopping thread"

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...hread-426.html

May be I should have posted my experience in this thread and you could have saved yourself from this Fraudkart.
My trauma continued for more than a month as the delivery agent updated the status as delivered.
I had to establish the fact of non-delivery and at the verge of filing for litigation and finally through one sensible person worked out the refund.

Anyway staying away from this fraudkart and Amazon has worked well for me so far.

HC
Habanero City is offline  
Old 7th November 2019, 12:14   #234
BHPian
 
civic-sense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 879
Thanked: 1,491 Times
Default Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

I have exchanged phones both with Amazon and Flipkart and never had any issue. I even exchanged my 9 year old TV without a fuss. Most of the times they don't even check the condition - they just check whether it is turning on.

Off-topic: A funny thing happened recently - I was exchanging a really old Samsung for 500. They guy who came to pick up took one look at the phone and asked whether he can keep it - and paid me another 500 along with the new phone. He marked the exchange as rejected in the system.
civic-sense is offline  
Old 8th November 2019, 16:25   #235
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 4,007
Thanked: 9,112 Times
Default Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
This is really disheartening, my friend ordered a laptop from them, this is what he got.

Are the competing for being the worlds most horrible e-commerce site?
Can you please share who was the seller? Was this issue resolved?
saket77 is offline  
Old 8th November 2019, 16:29   #236
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 2,285
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Can you please share who was the seller? Was this issue resolved?
Details shared here (Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale)

The issue is still open, they push it 72 hours at a time and when its about that time they send the next mail and push it further.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline  
Old 8th November 2019, 16:58   #237
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 4,007
Thanked: 9,112 Times
Default Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Details shared here (Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale)

The issue is still open, they push it 72 hours at a time and when its about that time they send the next mail and push it further.
Shocked to see it is RetailNet! This is technically Flipkart itself and equivalent of the likes of Cloudtail and Appario Retail on Amazon! Recently I had a bad experience myself with FK and no wonder, the seller was Retailnet there as well. They never shipped the product even after 20 days. Thankfully, I received the refund a couple of days ago!

If you don't receive the resolution within the TAT, I strongly suggest you to escalate to higher ups. That should help.

Last edited by saket77 : 8th November 2019 at 16:59.
saket77 is offline  
Old 8th November 2019, 18:49   #238
BHPian
 
heydj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rotterdam/Delhi
Posts: 367
Thanked: 383 Times
Default Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

I have been using Flipkart to order products such as mobile phones, shoes, speakers, headphones, books etc. since 2016. I have experienced no issues with original products delivered on time.

Issues experienced have been in terms of refund, proper notifications etc.
heydj is offline  
Old 8th November 2019, 19:41   #239
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 4,578
Thanked: 31,220 Times
Default Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Shocked to see it is RetailNet! This is technically Flipkart itself and equivalent of the likes of Cloudtail and Appario Retail on Amazon!
Got saved by a whisker! Recently I acquired a beater laptop for rough usage, since I find using the bulkier Omen a bit cumbersome in public(also attracts a lot of eyeballs )

I remember comparing on Amazon and FK and FK had a better deal. The seller was Retailnet. Thankfully by the time I could order, this laptop had gone out of stock on FK, hence ordered it on Amazon(ApparioRetail).

Had a superb experience, got the laptop for 20.7k including 3 year warranty(Rs. 2700), and compared to prices of regular brick and mortar shops, I seem to have saved almost 9k. The product had all seals intact and that was the first thing I checked.

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-20191003_171708.jpg

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-20191003_172241.jpg

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-20191003_172309.jpg

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-20191003_172312.jpg

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-20191003_172343.jpg

Seems I'll stick to Amazon for all my future orders. Never thought Retailnet would do such a thing.
Leoshashi is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks