Good 162 29.83%
Neutral 194 35.73%
Bad 187 34.44%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2019, 06:27   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Walmart has just acquired this baby and so it's not headed for slow death. In fact big investments will be pouring in. I never sell my phones or HDD, since data can be retrieved easily, but my friends in Bangalore have exchanged phones on Flipkart (fuss free)
Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
I also had a bad experience with flipkart when purchasing a phone under exchange.
The phone to be exchanged was in perfect condition with not a single scratch on screen. The only minor scratch was on plastic part surrounding the screen. This minor scratch on plastic part was the reason for flipkart delivery boy to deny the deal during delivery.

It looked like seller never intended to sell the phone in first place as no sane person would find such flimsy excuse to reject the phone.

I immediately ordered another phone from Amazon under exchange and the deal was honoured without any issues.

I recently recived gift coupons from my employer for flipkart of 14k value and things I want to purchase are not available there.
Their selection of products is shrinking day by day and it appears flipkart is headed to slow death.

Though Amazon has vast selection and great service I would still want to have good competition and dread the day when Amazon is the only option for all our purchase.
Old 7th November 2019, 08:42   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Walmart has just acquired this baby and so it's not headed for slow death. In fact big investments will be pouring in. I never sell my phones or HDD, since data can be retrieved easily, but my friends in Bangalore have exchanged phones on Flipkart (fuss free)
Walmart infusing money into a this crappy unethical company doesn’t mean it will never ever grinding halt. Money doesn’t guarantee survival. A huge part of people who buy online have stopped buying from Flipkart. At the same time Amazon keeps getting better.

Pramod
Old 7th November 2019, 09:23   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Walmart infusing money into a this crappy unethical company doesn’t mean it will never ever grinding halt. Money doesn’t guarantee survival. A huge part of people who buy online have stopped buying from Flipkart. At the same time Amazon keeps getting better.

Pramod
True. Have hardly shopped on Flipkart in the past 6 months. I wonder how they can afford to pay their employees sky high salary when the returns are not satisfactory
Old 7th November 2019, 09:55   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
True. Have hardly shopped on Flipkart in the past 6 months. I wonder how they can afford to pay their employees sky high salary when the returns are not satisfactory
VC funds and now Walmart funds, as simple as that. I saw someone post a pic of a Chinese watch which they got when they ordered an apple watch. I didn't believe the OP at that time, now it all makes sense.

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-3b1cf476aba141a9b956820324afd65f.png

It’s written in Malayalam.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 7th November 2019 at 09:57.
Old 7th November 2019, 10:11   #230
BHPian

Flipkart is another Snapdeal in the making.
Old 7th November 2019, 11:04   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Very simple. The billions of dollars which the company has received from investor money is used, in part, to fund these fat paychecks of senior employees. The story is no different in other big startups, but FK is one of the best known examples. There is no other way in which loss making entities like this can afford to pay what they do to their employees.
Old 7th November 2019, 11:08   #232
Senior - BHPian

Problem here is, unlike Amazon, which has other very lucrative business verticals, Flipkart lacks a source of money. Hence lots of things go unmonitored, or are ignored. On the other hand, I have had bad experiences with Amazon as well, but they are resolved sooner or later. Flipkart meanwhile, the lesser said the better.
Old 7th November 2019, 11:27   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
I also had a bad experience with flipkart when purchasing a phone under exchange.
The phone to be exchanged was in perfect condition with not a single scratch on screen. The only minor scratch was on plastic part surrounding the screen. This minor scratch on plastic part was the reason for flipkart delivery boy to deny the deal during delivery.

It looked like seller never intended to sell the phone in first place as no sane person would find such flimsy excuse to reject the phone.

I immediately ordered another phone from Amazon under exchange and the deal was honoured without any issues.

I recently recived gift coupons from my employer for flipkart of 14k value and things I want to purchase are not available there.
Their selection of products is shrinking day by day and it appears flipkart is headed to slow death.

Though Amazon has vast selection and great service I would still want to have good competition and dread the day when Amazon is the only option for all our purchase.
Have had similar experience with Flipkart in July/August 2019 and had shared this in the "online shopping thread"

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...hread-426.html

May be I should have posted my experience in this thread and you could have saved yourself from this Fraudkart.
My trauma continued for more than a month as the delivery agent updated the status as delivered.
I had to establish the fact of non-delivery and at the verge of filing for litigation and finally through one sensible person worked out the refund.

Anyway staying away from this fraudkart and Amazon has worked well for me so far.

HC
Old 7th November 2019, 12:14   #234
BHPian

I have exchanged phones both with Amazon and Flipkart and never had any issue. I even exchanged my 9 year old TV without a fuss. Most of the times they don't even check the condition - they just check whether it is turning on.

Off-topic: A funny thing happened recently - I was exchanging a really old Samsung for 500. They guy who came to pick up took one look at the phone and asked whether he can keep it - and paid me another 500 along with the new phone. He marked the exchange as rejected in the system.
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 16:25   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is really disheartening, my friend ordered a laptop from them, this is what he got.

Are the competing for being the worlds most horrible e-commerce site?
Can you please share who was the seller? Was this issue resolved?
Old 8th November 2019, 16:29   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Can you please share who was the seller? Was this issue resolved?
Details shared here (Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale)

The issue is still open, they push it 72 hours at a time and when its about that time they send the next mail and push it further.

Pramod
Old 8th November 2019, 16:58   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Details shared here (Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale)

The issue is still open, they push it 72 hours at a time and when its about that time they send the next mail and push it further.
Shocked to see it is RetailNet! This is technically Flipkart itself and equivalent of the likes of Cloudtail and Appario Retail on Amazon! Recently I had a bad experience myself with FK and no wonder, the seller was Retailnet there as well. They never shipped the product even after 20 days. Thankfully, I received the refund a couple of days ago!

If you don't receive the resolution within the TAT, I strongly suggest you to escalate to higher ups. That should help.

Last edited by saket77 : 8th November 2019 at 16:59.
Old 8th November 2019, 18:49   #238
BHPian

I have been using Flipkart to order products such as mobile phones, shoes, speakers, headphones, books etc. since 2016. I have experienced no issues with original products delivered on time.

Issues experienced have been in terms of refund, proper notifications etc.
Old 8th November 2019, 19:41   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Shocked to see it is RetailNet! This is technically Flipkart itself and equivalent of the likes of Cloudtail and Appario Retail on Amazon!
Got saved by a whisker! Recently I acquired a beater laptop for rough usage, since I find using the bulkier Omen a bit cumbersome in public(also attracts a lot of eyeballs )

I remember comparing on Amazon and FK and FK had a better deal. The seller was Retailnet. Thankfully by the time I could order, this laptop had gone out of stock on FK, hence ordered it on Amazon(ApparioRetail).

Had a superb experience, got the laptop for 20.7k including 3 year warranty(Rs. 2700), and compared to prices of regular brick and mortar shops, I seem to have saved almost 9k. The product had all seals intact and that was the first thing I checked.

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-20191003_171708.jpg

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-20191003_172241.jpg

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-20191003_172309.jpg

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-20191003_172312.jpg

Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale-20191003_172343.jpg

Seems I'll stick to Amazon for all my future orders. Never thought Retailnet would do such a thing.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 17:33   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Just learnt a lesson against Flipkart the hard way.

My mom's birthday is coming up and I needed to gift her an iPhone. She still needs the home button type phone and the iPhone SE 2 was the only option.

A dealer friend told me Flipkart has a good offer and I'll save 4k on the phone.

Why not? So I order the phone.

Apparently to prevent bricks being delivered, they have an open box policy - when the phone comes, you can check the phone for scratches and to see if it's the same you have ordered.

Accepted the phone, told the courier thanks and thought I'd setup the phone for mo before her birthday.

The apple logo kept flashing and the phone refused to boot. Refused to go to recovery mode either.

Googled and found that it's a battery issue.

Flipkart app refused to take retrun because the phone is not "damaged"

So called the helpline and they said, sorry, you must go to the service centre and they will tell you what to do.

Went to the service centre, they checked the phone and said the phone is out of warrantee...

I'm like whaaaat!!! I just bought it yesterday!

They say call the helpline - called them, they updated my invoice on their server - takes 24hours to reflect in the service centre database

Went back after 24hours to service centre. They took the phone and will now sent to BLR to HQ and then HQ will decide to replace or not!

Will know in 2-3 days. Well the birthday surprise gift is gone :(

Amazon would never do this!

First and last time I shop on Flipkart.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (90) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks