Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Out goes the Scott Sporster60 and the new one comes in the Scott Speedster 40
Its a gorgeous bike, bet it goes like a rocket
Old 21st February 2013, 23:59   #1517
BHPian

Hi guys, i got bored of gymming and got myself a bike a few days back. It's a Schwinn Frontier Sport. I tried Firefox Sniper D but this Schwinn had a perfect posture for riding and its a fast bike and i am absolutely loving it. I have clocking 15 km+ almost everyday now without much trouble. have also bought a rear LED blinker and Front LED beam for Night biking which i believe is absolutely essential, considering the traffic in our country its more important that the biker is visible to the traffic. you can never really be too careful. anyways cheers to safe biking. i've added some snaps as well.
Attached Thumbnails
The Bicycles thread-img2013021700027_1024x768.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-img2013021700036_1024x768.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-img2013021700039_1024x768.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-img2013022100048_1024x768.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2013, 15:36   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
Going by the components, the Binachi Ultegra is the best, with the Cannondale coming in second. That said, there is very little to separate the quality of these components. The 25k extra on the Bianchi 105 makes no sense at all, since it has a Tiagra FD while the cheaper Cannondale has a 105 FD.
Thanks for the inputs, however I saw this too late to help me (already paid the shop for the Bianchi Ultegra).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARLET View Post
Have any of you guys installed the BSA cycle carrier for HATCHBACKS, 'am planning on getting one installed & wanted some honest feedbacks and pics if any of you have them. I own a swift and want to install a BSA carrier, rear mounted one the THULE carriers are way too expensive to transport cycles
I bought the BSA 2-bike carrier a few weeks ago to get my bike home from the shop. Installation is very similar to the one for the rack in the following video.

On the BSA rack, the distance between the rack itself & the hatch can reduce depending on the shape of the hatch. My advice is to check if it fits OK on the hatch of the Swift, on my Alto's hatch I had some inteference issues with the rear wiper & also the handle for the hatch. The BSA rack had to be placed off to one side for transporting the bike. Otherwise its a nice bike rack - apart from the value-for-money price, its reasonably light & easy to install & comes with straps for the sides too (for lateral stability). I used it for only a single trip of ~ 20 Kms in the city, but it held up really well, even under some "hard" driving. That said, I didn't like the bike being off to one side behind the car, hence using a Saris Solo now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobster View Post
Have also bought a rear LED blinker and Front LED beam for Night biking which i believe is absolutely essential, considering the traffic in our country its more important that the biker is visible to the traffic.
Hi, these look like the rear lights with lasers, is it ?

If yes, how long do the batteries last with the lasers on ?
Old 23rd February 2013, 11:22   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys, i got bored of gymming and got myself a bike a few days back...... anyways cheers to safe biking. i've added some snaps as well.
I believe your saddle is set too low. A simple test is to check if your knee extends fully if, while sitting on the bike, you place your heel on the pedal. In your case, it might not.I
Old 23rd February 2013, 13:14   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Thanks for the inputs, however I saw this too late to help me (already paid the shop for the Bianchi Ultegra).
Not the one ones with laser, its a Firefox marketed Chinese light. They are just about average, i am probably gonna go for Planet Light"s Blinky with 3 or 7 LED lights.

Quote:
I believe your saddle is set too low. A simple test is to check if your knee extends fully if, while sitting on the bike, you place your heel on the pedal. In your case, it might not.I
you are spot on, i already increased the saddle height and now its much comfortable

Last edited by Aditya : 5th May 2016 at 12:50. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 23rd February 2013, 14:21   #1521
BHPian

Quote:

you are spot on, i already increased the saddle height and now its much comfortable
Your knees should be straight but not locked. A very slight bend at the knees is recommended. This is to avoid future knee trouble.
Old 23rd February 2013, 14:42   #1522
Team-BHP Support

^
If your seat post goes high so that your knees almost lock then your upper back will kill you after a ride.

Learnt it the hard way.
Old 23rd February 2013, 16:38   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
A bot confused in here. You mean to say that the leg should be perpendicular to the ground, with the heal touching the ground ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Your knees should be straight but not locked. A very slight bend at the knees is recommended. This is to avoid future knee trouble.
Are we talking about the pedal being at the lowest position ? Just confused
Old 23rd February 2013, 18:00   #1524
BHPian

Nice video on how to set up your cycle seat
Old 23rd February 2013, 18:24   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post

A bot confused in here. You mean to say that the leg should be perpendicular to the ground, with the heal touching the ground ?

Are we talking about the pedal being at the lowest position ? Just confused
See, while sitting, when the pedal is at its lowest position then your leg should be straight, not 100% straight as then you lock your knees and risk knee and back damage but 98% straight. See the videos on youtube. You can set up your seat height by getting on the cycle and leaning against a wall.
Old 24th February 2013, 16:27   #1526
BHPian

I had mentioned placing the heel on the pedal for checking length. When you are actually pedalling, your ball of the foot will be on the pedal, thus allowing your knees to stay bent at the bottom of the pedalling stroke.
Old 28th February 2013, 11:21   #1527

Good choice! I am getting back to cycling after 11 long years and I did a lot of research and have zeroed in on this bike, albeit it's the Schwinn Frontier Elite which comes with disc brakes. My first bike was a BSA Champ where I learnt cycling and later on in 1998, moved onto Hero Devil and 2 years later the Hercules MTB, which was one of the best cycles then, what with its amazing braking sound, reminiscent of those days. Dad gave it off after he purchased a Honda Activa for me, to one of his colleague's son and today, I am laying my hands on this new bike here.
Another friend of mine is purchasing the Frontier Sport and I really like the color. Sad that the same color is not available on Elite. I need a lot of feedback, reviews from this bike since you are using it for a while and tips on maintenance as well.

Quote:
Hi guys, i got bored of gymming and got myself a bike a few days back. It's a Schwinn Frontier Sport. I tried Firefox Sniper D but this Schwinn had a perfect posture for riding and its a fast bike and i am absolutely loving it. I have clocking 15 km+ almost everyday now without much trouble. have also bought a rear LED blinker and Front LED beam for Night biking which i believe is absolutely essential, considering the traffic in our country its more important that the biker is visible to the traffic. you can never really be too careful. anyways cheers to safe biking. i've added some snaps as well.
Old 28th February 2013, 14:52   #1528

Hi

I've recently decided to go for a bicycle and I'm thoroughly confused at the large number of options available. I am planning to use it mostly on roads and maybe a bit of off-roading. The most awesome bike I've ever ridden was this rented 21 speed Raleigh(6600?) that I rode in Singapore in one of the nearby islands and i think it was an MTB. It was great because it could handle both paved roads and offroads so well!

Anyway my budget is around 15k and I've been checking out some hybrid firefox bikes like

http://www.firefoxbikes.com/Hybrid_R..._v21Speed.html

http://www.firefoxbikes.com/Hybrid_R...c_21Speed.html

Are these good? Any better recommendations in the same range? What about Schwinn, Trek etc.

Also I have no knowledge of bike frames or what kinda suspension I should go for. My height is 5 11 and wt is around 80kg.

My two main requirements are:

1. Should be light and fun to ride and be able to handle some off-road, rocky terrains(like the 6600)

2. Should be durable over a long time(I've heard of steel frame bikes developing rust overtime)

Would love to hear all opinions, Thanks!
Old 28th February 2013, 16:32   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKar View Post
Good choice! I am getting back to cycling after 11 long years and I did a lot of research and have zeroed in on this bike, albeit it's the Schwinn Frontier Elite which comes with disc brakes. My first bike was a BSA Champ where I learnt cycling and later on in 1998, moved onto Hero Devil and 2 years later the Hercules MTB, which was one of the best cycles then, what with its amazing braking sound, reminiscent of those days. Dad gave it off after he purchased a Honda Activa for me, to one of his colleague's son and today, I am laying my hands on this new bike here.
Another friend of mine is purchasing the Frontier Sport and I really like the color. Sad that the same color is not available on Elite. I need a lot of feedback, reviews from this bike since you are using it for a while and tips on maintenance as well.
Well its a wonderful bike,fast and the riding stance is pretty comfortable as well.Having ridden around 150 kms on it as yet and so far so good, however i have purchased ceramic lube, an air pump(fits on the bike). Things to get are an odometer,bike carrier+bottle. i would've gone prob gone for a disc brake bike(fierfox sniper D) was available but a friend suggested to go for a normal V brake as he face a lot of issues on his bike.
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:28   #1530

Hey guys

Went and checked out some bikes. A couple that I've taken a fancy to are

1. Schwinn Frontier Sport

2. GT Aggressor 1.0

Even though both their prices are pretty close to each other in MRP, the Schwinn has a 15 percent clearance sale going on. So I'm getting it for 17k whereas the Aggressor is for 23k(might be able to swing some discounts on it). Which one would you guys recommend? Is the aggressor worth it for the 4-5k price difference?

GT Aggressor 1.0
http://www.choosemybicycle.com/in/en...Specifications

Schwinn Frontier Sport
http://www.choosemybicycle.com/in/en...Specifications

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks