Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What kind of music is in your playlist?
Rock Music 119 38.02%
Hip Hop Music 19 6.07%
Pop Music 43 13.74%
Electronic/ Trance/ Club Music 45 14.38%
Others (Country, Jazz, Instrumental etc) 87 27.80%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2023, 16:55   #301
BHPian

Re: XXXTENTACION (to be moved to music thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Discovered one more 'gone too soon' artiste called LIL PEEP.
Quote:
Discovered an incredible new artist from hip hop genre called XXXTENTACION.
I'm really glad you're giving these guys a chance cause most people just write them off just by their name. ( I'm assuming you're from an older generation:P)

I love XXX and I have his songs for different moods.
1. Melancholy - Jocelyn Flores, the remedy for a broken heart (why am i so in love) , Infinity (888), Hope.
2. Rage / Gym - RiP Roach, Yung Bratz, Floor 555, Look at me.
3. Vibes - $$$ with matt ox

Young artists who left the world too soon-
1. Pop Smoke - Dior, Aim for the moon, .44 Bulldog, For the night.

I can suggest more if you find this artist to be your vibe.

2. Juice Wrld - Lucid Dreams. I don't listen to other songs but this one song is one you should listen to, it's that great.
CARSFASCINATEME is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 17:21   #302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARSFASCINATEME View Post
I can suggest more if you find this artist to be your vibe.
I'm still on a hunt on Soundcloud.com for lesser known XXX songs. He really was prolific. And I'm aware of both PoP Smoke & Juice Wrld because I came across these DJ remixes of XXX songs:

Haven't really explored their music further though. Will check them out.

Thanks to XXX though, I discovered lesser known artistes like IkabodVEINS and also PnB Rock (gone too soon again). See if you like this XXX/PnB Rock collab:

Last edited by SmartCat : 23rd December 2023 at 17:26.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 17:23   #303
BHPian

Re: The Music Thread

*Flexing my Fingers* Yup, this is my thread. Ahem. I have no single genre that I listen to. I love songs that I feel something for and they're slotted in different playlists for different use cases.
Page 4 of liked Songs
The Music Thread-screenshot_20231223162629.png
Page 3 of liked songs
The Music Thread-screenshot_20231223162644.png
Page 2 of liked songs.
The Music Thread-screenshot_20231223162637.png
Page 1 of liked songs
The Music Thread-screenshot_20231223162616.png

Goes on to show that 1 full scroll of a page will reveal a different genre of songs mixed with hip hop
My slotted playlists.
The Music Thread-screenshot_20231223162600415.png
The Music Thread-screenshot_20231223162515367.png
The blue crosses signify that they're not my playlists but I've subscribed to them
Old 23rd December 2023, 17:35   #304
BHPian

Quote:
I'm still on a hunt on Soundcloud.com for lesser known XXX songs.
Good place to hunt for underground/undiscovered artists. A spotify playlist on XXX might help you.

Quote:
And I'm aware of both PoP Smoke & Juice Wrld
Awesome! You can try exploring pop through some of my suggestions. His "Shoot for the stars aim for the moon" album is STRAIGHT FIRE. Fewest skips I've ever experienced.

Quote:
See if you like this XXX/PnB Rock collab.
I'd like it if I'm not focusing on listening to the lyrics. The vibe overall is something I'd like in my background. Thanks for the suggestion
CARSFASCINATEME is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 20:24   #305
BHPian

Since a few pages back there was a mention of rock / punk song writers and musicians. I think Smashing Pumpkins is one of those underrated bands with a range of songs / symphony.

The acute songs/voice/guitar and drum play is haunting indeed and the humming to their tune never ceases for me!

Crestfallen
Zero
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Perfect
Today
saildrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 20:39   #306
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Since a few pages back there was a mention of rock / punk song writers and musicians. I think Smashing Pumpkins is one of those underrated bands with a range of songs / symphony. The acute songs/voice/guitar and drum play is haunting indeed and the humming to their tune never ceases for me!
Never heard of 'Smashing Pumpkins' till now, but liked almost all the songs you listed instantly after playing each one of them for just a few seconds. It has a traditional 1980s rock music vibe to it.

Last edited by SmartCat : 23rd December 2023 at 20:41.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 20:51   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Since a few pages back there was a mention of rock / punk song writers and musicians. I think Smashing Pumpkins is one of those underrated bands with a range of songs / symphony.

The acute songs/voice/guitar and drum play is haunting indeed and the humming to their tune never ceases for me!

Crestfallen
Zero
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Perfect
Today
First heard/saw Smashing Pumpkins in the 90s thanks to MTV. Bullet with butterfly wings was their biggest hit. Still have this song on my Spotify playlist.
If you like punk rock, can't go wrong with The Offspring. They have belted out some great hits over the years like Self Esteem, Come out and Play etc.
hothatchaway is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 20:59   #308
Senior - BHPian

I'm going through some 90s Indipop nostalgia today. This playlist pretty much lists all the great songs from the era

SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 11:57   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Mamma Mia at Mumbai (NMACC)

Wasn't sure where to post this, but since this is a review of a musical, guess this is the spot. Watched the musical Mamma Mia at the Nita Mukesh Ambani Cultural Centre in Mumbai. I'm not a big musical fan, and though I do like Abba, a whole musical is a bit of an overdose for me. Went mainly because of my wife. Turned out, it was pretty good.

Slick, slick production, amazing sets, seamless scene changes, totally top-class work. Will be a delight for musical and Abba fans. Awed by the NMACC space, truly world-class. Looking forward to catching any more performances there whenever I'm in Mumbai. Certainly worth a visit. Some great installations in the lobby too on Indian art and textile traditions. Dress up if you are visiting, especially for an evening performance.

For the auto fans, there's a Mercedes-Maybach Vision 6 Concept on display there as well. Truly Batmobile-esque!

Last edited by am1m : 26th December 2023 at 12:00.
am1m is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 11:59   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

This just has to be shared:

He is not a technical singer, for sure, but he knows what he has got in his voice, and where it works. Absolutely breathtaking, this song.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 18:49   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Holiday music for the season by Carrie Underwood and her co-singer John Legend crooning "Hallelujah", a 2021, X'Mas hit. This tune has all the ingredients to be an evergreen Christmas hit, maybe even decades later to be heard and liked by later generations.

Just like this evergreen hit "Rockin' around the Christmas tree" by Brenda Lee (1958) , that she sang when she was just 13. This song again reached #1 on Billboard Hot 100 last week, getting re-released for the Christmas season of 2023. Brenda Lee is 78 years old now and is seen rocking, while rendering this song again on the video link posted below. Country artistes Tanya Tucker and Trisha Yearwood render cameo appearances.

(two crore views and 1.8 lakhs likes, posted one month ago)

X'Mas pop hits are evergreen and very old hits come back again every year during this holiday season being either re-released by record companies or even getting aired on TV channels and on FM stations in the West, becoming transgenerational favourites.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 26th December 2023 at 18:55.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 17:42   #312
Team-BHP Support

Ustad Rashid Khan has sadly passed away. May his soul rest in peace. Some of his renditions that are my favorite:

libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 20:46   #313
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Ustad Rashid Khan has sadly passed away. May his soul rest in peace. Some of his renditions that are my favorite:
Pandit Bhimsen Joshi had once commented that future of Hindustani classical music is safe in the hands of Ustad Rashid Khan. Didn't expect him to go away so soon, he was only few months older than me.

Here is a young Ustad Rashid Khan.

Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 23:37   #314
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

For those who love Linkin Park, with a metal twist:

vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 10:59   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

The Greatest Night in Pop

For those who grew up listening to 80s and 90s pop, this is worth a watch. The who's who, pop royalty, got together to record "We Are the World", this is the story of what happened behind the scenes. Didn't expect to be as engaged as I was while watching it, thought I'd watch a bit and doze off, but ended up watching the whole thing at one sitting. You really get a sense of how talented these people were and what it took to get them together. Entertaining and even moving at times. Again, might not appeal to those who didn't listen to these artists, but for those who did, take a look. (Netflix)
am1m is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks