Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2021, 22:44   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Your automotive resolutions & car plans for 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Well, mine's simple. Atleast for the next couple of years STOP SPENDING on anything with wheels!

Same here,
- No automobile purchase
- No upgrades
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 23:03   #77
BHPian

1) Don't miss the journey :
I need to stop the urge to rush to reach the destination in the shortest possible time and in the process continuously trying to overtake everyone ahead. It is different from road rage and more like getting into a road race for me.

2) Start some DIY stuff on my car :
My first project is a simple upgrade of headlights to 100/90 from stock 60/55. Have already ordered the harness kit and bulbs, so already taken the first baby step towards my DIY journey.

3) Become more open to things not working out as per plans, stuff failing etc i.e. take life as it comes.
Old 6th January 2021, 02:50   #78
BHPian

My resolution is to learn how to ride bike and scooters. I have been driving cars for many years but never learn two wheelers so its time to do that.
Wish you all a blissful new year!
Old 6th January 2021, 06:32   #79
BHPian

1. Sell my 7 year old Dzire and get a Brezza automatic simply because people are bored of the Dzire at home.

2. Rejuvenate my 7 year old gen 4 City and try to keep her for 2 more years.
Old 6th January 2021, 10:00   #80
BHPian

My resolutions:

1. 2014 - 2020 was devoid of road trips for various reasons. I got 2 trips done by car in 2020, pandemic notwithstanding. I plan to do more this year.
2. I have always purchased a sensible car and owned a bike for my fun riding. This will change in 2021. I want a fun car in my garage.
3. Use my Interceptor 650 more and take it on it's first road trip this year.
Old 6th January 2021, 10:23   #81
BHPian

My resolution is quite simple

1. Kick start the dead road trips. Thanks to Covid, no vacations done last year. 1 road trip a quarter at least. The first one hopefully in April once school closes

2. I am looking for a new vehicle. Having owned the Storme for the last 8 years, i plan to pick up a smaller vehicle (not too small though). Eyes are set on Skoda Invision and the VW Taigun. So the second road trip will be in a new vehicle, hopefully

3. In the last 1000 odd kms of trip, i remember honking about 10 times in total. I am mindful of using the horn and tend to keep a log of how many times i use it. So this year will continue the same

4. Greener footprint - walk more...i manage to clock about 17k steps per day in the last 6 months and hope to continue. This means shorter distances on foot rather than a 4 wheeler or 2 wheeler

5. Lastly, if you (the vehicle behind me, beside me, in front of me) are in a tearing hurry, i will simply wave you past. Be a road sensible, safe driver
Old 7th January 2021, 13:53   #82
BHPian

I purchased Team BHP stickers a year back but I did not stick until few months ago. As we all know the stickers comes with lot of responsibility as we represent one of the esteemed automotive forums in the globe.

I made a resolution to be a refined driver and giveaway unnecessary aggression and ego, which will definitely set a good example for aspiring young drivers and make our roads safer. It’s a behavioural change and its possible, I have slipped few times but the very thought of the stickers will keep me in check.
Old 10th January 2021, 11:46   #83
BHPian

1. Stop worrying about the bomb I spent buying my Octavia
2. Not buy another car untill all my cars becomes 15-20 years old or very unreliable or cost more than half of EMIs of a new car to maintain.

Second one seems easier to do.

I am already over delivering on long and short drives
evil_grin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 00:29   #84
BHPian

Wishing everyone here a very happy New Year
1. Buy a naked or adventure bike
2. Some long drives and rides

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks