Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2007, 18:24   #46
BHPian

well the discussion is going on were to download music but if ya want to listen online
check these site you cant download stuff off but a good place to search music & listen
Deezer | Music on demand, free music without download!
Music Community : SoundPedia
Old 7th October 2007, 11:04   #47
BHPian

Amazon now has DRM-free MP3 store.
Amazon.com MP3 Downloads: Popular music, classical music, new releases and more, in MP3 format
Song selections are not as much as the CDs, but it's still a start.

Apparently, it works as long as you have an US mailing address...
Old 10th October 2008, 21:01   #48
Team-BHP Support

Legal!

Guys, please stick to legal websites only. Do not post links to illegal download websites.

Free MP3 downloads, especially of new music are (in most cases) illegal.
In rare cases, an artist may choose to release his/her music for free downloads. This would be a legal link, eg. recent free downloads offered by Coldplay.

Certain MP3 downloads from Audio Archive are out of their copyright period and, hence, legal.

Streaming music, eg. Yahoo! Music is legal.

Downloading copyrighted music from file sharing agents such as LimeWire is also illegal. Don't post those links here.

Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 10th October 2008 at 21:12. Reason: Added.
Old 10th October 2008, 21:11   #49
Senior - BHPian

I guess
you can listen to music at Welcome - Music India OnLine
But not download it!
Old 10th October 2008, 21:18   #50
BHPian

in this day and age of the interweb, when everything is available online 24X7, i just tune into the appropriate yahoo music or dozens of other good online music sites.
But yeah in the essence of keeping my collection going, I have started recording from tv using my archos dvr and also more recently I simply download from youtube, etc using realplayer.
Most of my collection has been videos (mpg, avi and now flv) since last 5 years, and i have video players all around me - phone/archos/ps3/laptop etc. So at home or in car or at work, if I need to listen to my collection, I just play the videos (mostly I am not watching em, just listening )
Old 2nd May 2009, 01:20   #51
Team-BHP Support

Well this is a play-song-on-demand type of internet-radio site, which does NOT offer download, and it seems to be legal!

Check it out : Grooveshark -- Listen to Free Music Online -- Internet Radio -- Free MP3 Streaming

cya
R
Old 2nd May 2009, 02:50   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Well this is a play-song-on-demand type of internet-radio site, which does NOT offer download, and it seems to be legal!

Check it out : Grooveshark -- Listen to Free Music Online -- Internet Radio -- Free MP3 Streaming

cya
R
Thanks a lot Rehan! looks nice with no strings attached. The quality is decent too. Much better than the usual internet radio service!
Old 24th May 2009, 15:46   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Check out legalsounds.com. May actually work out to lesser than 9 cents a song.
Hi has anyone been trying this site out for some time? Is it safe to give the Credit Card information?
Old 25th May 2009, 10:15   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Hi has anyone been trying this site out for some time? Is it safe to give the Credit Card information?
No problems here in 2 years. However, what I practice - and would recommend to you - is to use a credit card with the lowest limit. Just to be on the safer side.
Old 25th May 2009, 12:27   #55
BHPian

I tried HamaraCD.com from Saregama Ltd., - Make your own Customized CD with all your favorite Indian music.. they courier a custom made CD to your address. it costs Rs 275 for a 75 min CD. I was not very happy with some old records (which i presume they have converted from Tapes)
Old 25th May 2009, 15:10   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No problems here in 2 years. However, what I practice - and would recommend to you - is to use a credit card with the lowest limit. Just to be on the safer side.
Cool. Thanks. I added the minimum amount and downloaded. The collection here seems quite decent.
Old 25th May 2009, 16:31   #57
BHPian

Support an Indian inde artist - awesome blues/rock guitar album - free download

Hi buddies, while surfing the web I came across this awesome album called Nights in Shining Karma, that's free to download. It's by an Indian - Warren Mendonsa (Bombay boy and former lead guitarist of the band Zero). It's one of the loveliest guitar albums I have come across in quite a while.Never ever get tired listening to it. Download it, write him an appreciation mail and if possible support him as well. Cheers!

Check it out here --> BlackStratBlues --> music
Old 25th May 2009, 17:40   #58
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Cool. Thanks. I added the minimum amount and downloaded. The collection here seems quite decent.
Not to mention, download speeds are quick and they keep updating their collection. I once requested a song that wasn't there in their catalogue. Voila! Added the same week with a notification email sent out to me.
Old 25th May 2009, 19:26   #59
BHPian

beatport rocks and trust me on that referring to my days when I was training to be a dj!Its the site where many pros go to for their floorbusters.. It's one of the best sites for great house/electro music. If you like some really good funky house mixes (the latest stuff) , all legal do pm me. Cheers.
Old 25th May 2009, 22:09   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Hi buddies, while surfing the web I came across this awesome album called Nights in Shining Karma, that's free to download.
Check it out here --> BlackStratBlues --> music
Pranava999, this was very good stuff. I have already listened to this a couple of times since I downloaded it today and a shame that I wasn't aware of such a good guitarist.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks