Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2008, 13:17   #106
Senior - BHPian

Wang's Kitchen is a nice joint for Chinese food. But be very careful about the number of items ordered because their portions are really huge. eg. 1 Chicken fried rice can easily be shared by 2-3 people (with normal build & apettite). Same with 'Cascade' on Uthamar Gandhi Salai.

John/Vikram, your incessant leg-pulling of our chennai youth & VIP is not going to go down well with him and will not help the cause of our plan of Drinking In Comfort On Road.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 9th May 2008 at 13:18.
Old 9th May 2008, 14:05   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
You mean chicks, right ? chennai 'youths' machan.

OK, getting back to topic, there is a lovely punjabi restaurant on the poonamalee high road near elsons medicals (forgot its name). The kebabs are simply delicious. Maybe we should get some from there for our next drink 'n dine meet.
Am game anytime!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

John/Vikram, your incessant leg-pulling of our chennai youth & VIP is not going to go down well with him and will not help the cause of our plan of Drinking In Comfort On Road.
I apologise to our "youths" ..but he never lets us Drink In Comfort On Road.. and thats ...

Any plans to meet tonight guys?
Old 9th May 2008, 14:07   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I used to love the colourful biriyani in these mallu hotels, I still love the paya in these joints, they were called kaka hotels, wonder why !
This brings to mind one of Vivek's takes on Kaka Biriyani in some Tamil movie. Dont remember which one it was.

Btwn, Nitrous bought a Dicor?
Old 9th May 2008, 14:13   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

Btwn, Nitrous bought a Dicor?
Come on..dont tell me he didnt call you and tell you about the bare minimum of 140 horses required to take him around town! How he presses and presses and its coming and coming..now dont ask me what?
Old 9th May 2008, 14:17   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
How he presses and presses and its coming and coming..now dont ask me what?
ROTFLMAO. You are a riot, vikram. I am sure the youth is watching this thread closely and you can expect a protocol-based reply anytime soon.
Old 9th May 2008, 17:32   #111
BHPian

Quote:
You mean chicks, right ? chennai 'youths' machan.

OK, getting back to topic, there is a lovely punjabi restaurant on the poonamalee high road near elsons medicals (forgot its name). The kebabs are simply delicious. Maybe we should get some from there for our next drink 'n dine meet.
are u refering to babul ka dhabba?? the kebabs there are to die for!! the lassi is pretty good too. the old lady behind the counter has a creepy look ..... mayb they should get a new younger person behind the cash desk.

has anyone tried this joint opposite alsa mall in egmore?? it shares the corner of the road with 5 star super market. ice golas there with the milk maid are really nice. while you're there you should try the sandwich wallas across the road. the sandwiches there and at hameedias which on CP ramaswamy road, down the road from hotel raintree are awesome!! must try for anyone in need of cheap good double egg cheese sandwiches.
Old 9th May 2008, 17:51   #112
BHPian

Too many folks jumping on a poor soul . How sad.
Old 9th May 2008, 20:00   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Too many folks jumping on a poor soul . How sad.
You are welcome to jump if you wish too..you wont get a better cushion..

BTW, who is the poor soul..?
Old 13th May 2008, 22:08   #114
BHPian

Sukh Sagar

Thank you guys for your advice.I visited Sukh Sagar in Anna Nagar.A special thanks to n_aditya.I liked the north indian cusine.it costed 550 bucks for a dinner for three.But i would for the kind of cost and taste,the ambience of the resto is not upto the mark.

Vignesh
1.2 Siena ELX,Chennai

Note from mod : Please use spaces after punctuation marks in order to improve readability. If you are interested in discussing this further, please see this post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post715060

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th May 2008 at 22:53. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 14th May 2008, 01:20   #115
BHPian

There used to be a place called Aiwo near Landmark, Nungambakkam. They used to serve food in conveyor belts. ( yeah, food in small bowls in specific numerical order ) . Anyone been there off late ?
Old 14th May 2008, 13:24   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
I visited Sukh Sagar in Anna Nagar.A special thanks to n_aditya.I liked the north indian cusine.
My pleasure Vignesh. Did you go to the first floor? It is airconditioned and the ambience is pretty quiet and much better than the noisy ground floor. My personal favorite is the palak paneer and dal fry with roti/nan/kulcha. This is my usual order. Do try the Ice Creams on the ground floor (sold near the entrance). The helpings are pretty large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
There used to be a place called Aiwo near Landmark, Nungambakkam. They used to serve food in conveyor belts. ( yeah, food in small bowls in specific numerical order ) . Anyone been there off late ?
I've been to Aiwo long back. My suggestion is avoid the conveyor belted food and order a la carte. The a la carte choice is much better. Although the portions are not big it does leave you with a comfortably full tummy and the food is very refreshing. The veggies which are used to garnish the dishes are very appetizing.

I would also recommend Arun Unlimited for Ice Creams. They have an outlet in Spencer Plaza, Anna Nagar Shanti Colony (Opp Indian Overseas Bank) and many other locations. The ice creams are cheap. Cost 25 bucks for 100 gms and a large helping wont exceed 40 bucks. My favorite is the caramel ice cream topped with choco chips, diced almonds, cashews, pistachios, and all this drowned in choco fudge and choco sauce. PHEW !!!! Truly sinful.

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th May 2008 at 13:25.
Old 14th May 2008, 14:31   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
The helpings are pretty large.

My favorite is the caramel ice cream topped with choco chips, diced almonds, cashews, pistachios, and all this drowned in choco fudge and choco sauce. PHEW !!!! Truly sinful.
Yes aditya, it shows in your shape: cheers:..Competing with Mr. DICOR eh?
Old 14th May 2008, 16:16   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Yes aditya, it shows in your shape: Competing with Mr. DICOR eh?
Oh please. Me competing with Mr.D? Thats unthinkable.

BTW its a beer belly. Has nothing to do with junk food. I indulge occasionally.

P.S. vikram - whats with you and men's shapes?

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th May 2008 at 16:19.
Old 14th May 2008, 19:48   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Oh please. Me competing with Mr.D? Thats unthinkable.

whats with you and men's shapes?
Well Aditya, I have an eye for shapes, especially the curved ones.. And I dont think i should educate you on those basics of life at this point in your life..
Old 15th May 2008, 17:02   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Well Aditya, I have an eye for shapes
Now that you've said it, Keep Safe Distance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks