Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2008, 23:39   #61
BHPian

Did some one mention ShriMithai, Chetpet for Chaat, and Sweets. Pretty clean and decent place, lots of parking space, and we love the "Badam Milk" - worth the dough!
Old 6th May 2008, 12:02   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Is this on the Nelson Manickam road just after you come out of the loyola subway ?

yes. its just after the loyola subway....& I do agree there is no parking facility...even for bikes its pretty tough

rgds
marlon
Old 6th May 2008, 12:04   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Oops!! when did you go?? I was there only last week and everything was fine. Maybe they have improved( or maybe I was lucky hehe).

I had been there on my birthday (Mar 31) & was very unfortunate to have a bad dinner...
Old 6th May 2008, 12:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

I have a query! Why there are so many pages for Mumbai/Delhi/Bangalore and so little for Chennai? Aren't there any good eateries around town? Or people don't like to eat out?
Old 6th May 2008, 13:27   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I have a query! Why there are so many pages for Mumbai/Delhi/Bangalore and so little for Chennai? Aren't there any good eateries around town? Or people don't like to eat out?
arrey yaar! people are busy eating all the time in the innumerable eateries out here, there is no time for posting.
Old 6th May 2008, 13:42   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
arrey yaar! people are busy eating all the time in the innumerable eateries out here, there is no time for posting.
LOL! You mean we mumbaiites or Delhites go and see the lightingWell, I know after eating a bowl of rice even I feel very sleepy

Last edited by amtak : 6th May 2008 at 13:43.
Old 6th May 2008, 13:52   #67
Senior - BHPian

For nice and economically priced Kerala food, try 'Kalpaka' on TTK Road (from Gemini, take the right at Music Academy and the joint is on the left side after some 100ms).

They serve some real nice mallu N.V. food, especially their beef (they call it Syrian Christian beef or something). The typical Mallu meals is also good. Downside is that it is a small joint - getting seating during peak hours can be tough.
Old 6th May 2008, 14:37   #68
BANNED

Kumarakom on Gandhi Nagar 1st Main Road, Adayar (entrance in an alley next to Naidu Hall, behind the Adayar MTC terminus) is very good for Kerala cuisine. They have a different type of karaoke here - the owner, a very good singer, sings for the customers.

Another good place for Kerala cuisine is Tharavad at Besant Nagar (next to Univercell and on the same road as Spencer's Daily). Tharavad is extreme value for money - expect it to be always crowded, a queue outside waiting for tables is the indicator that the restaurant is open.
Old 6th May 2008, 14:37   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
For nice and economically priced Kerala food, try 'Kalpaka' on TTK Road (from Gemini, take the right at Music Academy and the joint is on the left side after some 100ms).

They serve some real nice mallu N.V. food, especially their beef (they call it Syrian Christian beef or something). The typical Mallu meals is also good. Downside is that it is a small joint - getting seating during peak hours can be tough.
For Kerala food 'Kumarokam' is good too..
Old 6th May 2008, 14:56   #70
BANNED

Quote:
That should be a left turn at Music Academy if coming from Gemini. Assuming we're both referring to the joint opposite Battery House.
Old 6th May 2008, 15:18   #71
Senior - BHPian

Oops, yes - it is the left turn at Music Academy, while coming from Gemini.
At Kumarakom-Anna Nagar, there are quite a few of the wait-staff that sing karaoke.
Old 6th May 2008, 15:24   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oops, yes - it is the left turn at Music Academy, while coming from Gemini.

Is that the place where we picked up some eats on the way to the RK Salai bar ?
Old 6th May 2008, 15:31   #73
BHPian

Quote:
At Kumarakom-Anna Nagar, there are quite a few of the wait-staff that sing karaoke.
I think they do this at all the Kumarakom branches. I saw even people who come to dine singing karaoke at Velachery Kumarakom.
Old 6th May 2008, 16:25   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
Is that the place where we picked up some eats on the way to the RK Salai bar ?
Yes. And hopefully we will drive there again soon in the bar-mobile (DICOR) to pick some eats.
Old 6th May 2008, 19:58   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak
Very few foodies here in chennai.
Because, here people just want to get drunk here . They don't appreciate good food and consider themselves Ronnie Coleman.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks