Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2012, 16:39   #541

Re: Television shows: What do you watch?

Anybody watching "The Kennedys" on History Channel, Hows it??, I wish to download the series.
Old 19th July 2012, 18:04   #542
BHPian

Sir, I have been watching the show for a while now. It is a controversial show, but that is understandable considering the content is historical and can be presented in a wrong manner. Anyway, facts presented are a bit twisted. Overall, okay kind of show. Download if you are really interested in American History. No offence to the man himself, though. If you're just looking for some change, i would advice you to look at Ice Road Truckers Himalyan Series. Real people, real trucks, real bravery.
Old 19th July 2012, 18:13   #543
Senior - BHPian

I have all the episodes of Ice Road Truckers - Himalayas, found them addictive. Very well made. Shows driving techniques in India from the outsiders perspective.
Old 19th July 2012, 20:52   #544
BHPian

These days I watch "The Undercover Boss" on BBC entertainment. Although, I am not sure how authentic it is, given that most reality shows aren't totally real, I still like it. I especially love the part at the end of the show when the undercover boss reveals his/her true identity.
Old 19th July 2012, 22:57   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkars
These days I watch "The Undercover Boss" on BBC entertainment. Although, I am not sure how authentic it is, given that most reality shows aren't totally real, I still like it. I especially love the part at the end of the show when the undercover boss reveals his/her true identity.
Ya about the authenticity that kinda bothers me. They are recording everything with a full camera crew. What do they explain to the staff when the new trainee comes for work tagging along a camera crew with him? And i dont know how it progressed to a new season. Cant people now make out whenever they see the camera crew with a new trainee that this definitely is the tv show? All in all i just have a lot of disgust for reality show these days. Feel like its the new name for "fake" shows.

Ice road truckers Himalaya however is amazing. I just like it when those guys blast someone causing problem on the road. Atleast they impart some lesson to these bad drivers. IRT australia was also very good especially when they make the desert journeys. Loved it through and through.

Cheers.
Old 19th July 2012, 23:25   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Ice road truckers Himalaya however is amazing. I just like it when those guys blast someone causing problem on the road. Atleast they impart some lesson to these bad drivers. IRT australia was also very good especially when they make the desert journeys. Loved it through and through.

Cheers.
Yes, i too loved it. But primarily for the fact that it shows the stress and exhaustion our Indian truckers have to go through in such conditions. No surprise then, if they react badly to someone disturbing them on road . I really salute the patience Indian truckers have. IRT Sweden was also good i believe. It showcased more women drivers though.
Old 19th July 2012, 23:33   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven

Yes, i too loved it. But primarily for the fact that it shows the stress and exhaustion our Indian truckers have to go through in such conditions. No surprise then, if they react badly to someone disturbing them on road . I really salute the patience Indian truckers have. IRT Sweden was also good i believe. It showcased more women drivers though.
Yes barring a few most of the truckers are good and actually better than bus drivers on highways. They stick to their lanes and respond whenever you signal by light and let you overtake them without causing problems. And in Bangalore and surrounding highways i feel truckers are better than common drivers like us since they "Use dipper at night" unlike most idiots on Bangalore roads who feel its their God given right to use high beams all the time.
Cheers
Old 19th July 2012, 23:52   #548
BHPian

Enjoy watching IRT. Especially now, since they are really on ice.

Definitely hooked to Undercover Boss. Can't explain it but somehow enjoyed the the UK series better.

Does anyone else follow White Collar & Walking Dead?
Old 20th July 2012, 12:37   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakirank View Post

Definitely hooked to Undercover Boss. Can't explain it but somehow enjoyed the the UK series better.

Does anyone else follow White Collar & Walking Dead?
Undercover boss is okie dokie show. I watch it when I have nothing else to watch.

White Collar - I saw each and every episode so far. Thoroughly entertaining. Presently watching Suits, a lot similar to WC but in a legal set up. Fun to watch.

I personally do not like fantasy serials and have never watched Supernatural / Walking Dead but if you like the genre, I believe it is good.
Old 20th July 2012, 12:48   #550
BHPian

These are the shows prefer to watch.

1. Overhaulin.
2. Orange County Choppers.
3. ICE road truckers.
4. CSI
5. How do they do it.
6. Mega structures.
7. Just started watching Kennedy's.
8. Undercover Boss.

Last edited by sumathindra : 20th July 2012 at 12:48. Reason: edits
Old 20th July 2012, 14:01   #551
Senior - BHPian

Have become a Modern Family fan! Awesome show with extremely loveable characters. Acting and direction is top notch and the comic timing is just spot on. Highly recommended!
Old 20th July 2012, 15:03   #552
BHPian

Just for Laughs Gags - I start my day with this, while I am getting dressed. Even watch the repeats.
Sherlock - they started this on BBC Entertainment on Sundays. The first time I watched it was a couple of weeks back. Case was 'Hound of the Baskerville'.
Regular repeats of Sitcoms, Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men.
Top Gear - old editions, can't keep tabs on when the current season comes on.
Alfred Hitchcock Presents - on Fox Crime. Refreshing to see something in Black and White.
Archer - occasionally.
Old 20th July 2012, 17:37   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok
Just for Laughs Gags - I start my day with this, while I am getting dressed. Even watch the repeats.
Sherlock - they started this on BBC
Top Gear - old editions, can't keep tabs on when the current season comes on.
Alfred Hitchcock Presents - on Fox Crime. Refreshing to see something in Black and White.
Which channel shows just for laughs? I used to love it when i was in school. Still feel like watching it again.

And top gear new season has been shown already 2 weeks back. But i enjoy watching the older seasons. Wish they could broadcast the seasons way back when Jeremy had full head of hair.
Old 21st July 2012, 05:13   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Which channel shows just for laughs? I used to love it when i was in school. Still feel like watching it again.
Zee Cafe. Every morning starting 8am for an hour (at other times in the day as well, but do not remember). Followed by America's Funniest Home Videos which I also watch time to time.
Old 21st July 2012, 10:19   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok
Zee Cafe. Every morning starting 8am for an hour (at other times in the day as well, but do not remember). Followed by America's Funniest Home Videos which I also watch time to time.
Thanks. Atleast now ive some morning shows to watch before heading out of home.

More than Americas funniest home videos I like banagalore's local channel tv9 show at 3pm everyday showing funny pet videos.

Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks