Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2014, 21:56   #1201
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Wow, the finale was in 2005 and it still finds a mention here. We Tbhpians sure watch a lot of tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by allien936 View Post
Television Series i have been watching for a long time

Everybody Loves Raymond - a very subtle comedy, story of a married guy whose parents live across the road, with his elder brother still staying with them. He (Raymond) has three kids, a girl and a twin baby boys.
Old 26th November 2014, 22:24   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Homeland. What an unexpected explosive twist. I suspect now everyone who stopped after season 2 will binge watch to season 4.
Too bad no episode this weekend!!

Walking dead, as usual is proceeding at the pace of the walkers.
I watched first season of Homeland and now this season. Last 3 episodes were awesome and that twist in last episode was mind blowing.
Walking dead should be cancelled. Crap episodes after the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
Gotham, from the same guy who made The mentalist, Bruno Heller.
One of the most well made show in the recent times. All the characters are bang on with their roles.
You just can't but adore the penguin.
Another dc show that i am watching currently is The Flash, it's bit loud and underdeveloped but the story is gearing up pretty well.
Suddenly I feel tv is getting conquered slowly by DC.

Gotham has been an unexpected pleasure. The acting and direction is top notch. Penguin is a show stealer but I am waiting for the Riddler to come into his own.

Flash is a time pass and too predictable. I hope it gets better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikacin View Post
Each episode of this season of Homeland has been gripping. the plot and story line might have been at a slow pace initially but it has really built up the tempo now. I was eagerly looking forward to the next episode.

No episode this week?

Have started Elementary S03 meanwhile. Most of the episodes are well put together and modern Sherlock is entertaining to watch.
Elementary is awesome. Some episodes are so engaging and the guy playing Sherlock is doing a great job.

Best new Show for me has been - How to get away with murder. Really entertaining.
Old 26th November 2014, 23:15   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allien936 View Post

The Flash - First TV series ever to come up for a Marvel Super hero before the movie is been made. The series has just started with the seventh episode in season 1 downloaded today.
Err, I hope you meant DC Super hero.
Old 27th November 2014, 00:01   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Californication: This is a nice serial of a guy with a pretty messed up life. He destroys anything and everything in his relationships but has a interesting life though.

Good watch but at times you do get pissed by his behavior.

True Detective: Thriller with Mathew Mcconey. About vodoo and rituals and religion in a mix in a creepy place in Louisiana. BTW this is based on a true story. Do watch it but do get creeped out at times.

Maddy

Last edited by .anshuman : 27th November 2014 at 11:11. Reason: Use of abusive words / photographs in posts / avatars / signatures / topics are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 09:11   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
Err, I hope you meant DC Super hero.
I stand corrected myself, Thanks. He is a creation of DC Comics indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Wow, the finale was in 2005 and it still finds a mention here. We Tbhpians sure watch a lot of tv
I have the whole series, so i can watch it anytime. I don't watch TV that much, but these series are what you have in a bachelors life to entertain, except when you are not on the road driving.
Old 27th November 2014, 09:32   #1206
Team-BHP Support

Yet to begin Homeland's Season 4. Good to hear that the last 2 episodes were great. It had a slow start IINM. Will catch up once the season concludes.

2 more episodes of Sons of Anarchy remain before the series wraps up. Keeping my fingers crossed. This better be good!
Old 27th November 2014, 11:19   #1207
BHPian

Any idea as to when Suits starts again on TV? Was hooked to it.
Old 6th December 2014, 19:57   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Just saw in Star World that Monk is going to be re-run from December 11 onwards.

Timing: 9PM on Mon-Fri

Plot: A former cop who was discharged from the force due to psychiatric reasons working as a consultant and helping the police department to solve puzzling homicide investigations.

Highly recommended.
Old 10th December 2014, 09:34   #1209
Distinguished - BHPian

Homeland - What a comeback! Had stopped watching it after 4th episode of season 3 and started watching season 4 after the comments here. The story arc is fast and furious. Must watch!

Newsroom - Not sure if anyone here watching this but have been hooked to this Aaron Sorkin storyline for the last couple of years

Serialpodcast - not a sitcom but a podcast. True story of a murder victim and the killer ex boyfriend told John Grisham style.Did not expect the storytelling to be this good
Old 11th December 2014, 22:03   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Watched season & Series finale of Sons of Anarchy & it surely felt short on my expectations. It looked hushed up no surprises. They had better season finales for previous season then this one which was also a series finale.

As a series finale It was slightly better or at par with Dexter but Breaking Bad series finale still remains the best ever way to end a series IMHO.
Old 16th December 2014, 14:45   #1211
Team-BHP Support

Finally, I managed to find some time to watch the finale of Sons of Anarchy yesterday. It surely fell short of expectations knowing that every other season had an amazing (or a shocking!) finale. The ending was a bit predictable as well. Looks like a lot of members from the main cast of The Shield made it to this one. Anyways, one less serial to follow and watch for now.

Need to catch up with Homeland now and finish it before Banshee’s third season begins next month.
Old 18th December 2014, 05:09   #1212
BHPian

Currently watching

1) walking dead - done till the mid season finale. Unnecessary storylines just to prolong the show now.
2) sons of anarchy - series finale done. Thought the end was good in its own twisted way and the ironies of life.
3) ray donovan- season 1 - interesting so far
4) banshee - starting season 2
5) Constantine - one of the promising shows of 2014. Done till the mid season finale
6) Flash - done till mid season finale. Feel the guy playing Flash is too soft.
7) the Grimm - done till the mid season finale - they are running out of new vesin to bring on the show!
8) Outlander - my word. THE best show of 2014. Awesome characters and the exotic locales. A must watch.
9) the 100 - another promising show. Done with season 1
10) Californication - series finale done. Will miss Hank Moody!

Yet to start Gotham. Good reviews here n there. First show getting us closer the Gotham villains.
Old 18th December 2014, 09:21   #1213
BHPian

Up to date with The walking dead!
This is a show that proves that zombie apocalypse based stories can be serious & good without all those defying the laws of physics fight scenes(Resident evil).
Only AMC can come up with great shows like these. First, Breaking bad & now TWD.
Can't wait till Feb 8th! And, I still miss breaking bad! No other show has been as good as that! :(
Old 18th December 2014, 09:49   #1214
BHPian

I am watching Blue Bloods and NCIS. Blue bloods has Tom Selleck as the Police Chief of New York. Still looks amazing with his trademark mustache. NCIS appears to follow the CSI route - crime investigation. Worth a watch.
Old 18th December 2014, 12:26   #1215
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched 5 episodes of Marco Polo. Seems like a very confused series where the characters are not memorable and marco reminds me of SRK in DDLJ Was expecting more action and intrigue given the mongol chineese tension and differences in culture. I dont plan to watch the remaining episodes and would recommend that you stay away unless you have nothing else to watch!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks