Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2022, 12:50   #46
BHPian

Re: Suffered a serious life-changing accident

My best wishes to you for a speedy recovery. I am glad you made it and were able to share this traumatic experience with us.

Hope you recover soon and get back to driving. I am sure you will be making more trips like this with your close doctor friends.

All the best!
Yusha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 13:32   #47
BHPian

Wish and Pray that you will be able recover soon. May God give you all the strength to recover at the earliest. May god give strength to your family and friends. To be able to come to our forum and retell the traumatic experience takes a lot of strength. I hope and believe you will be able to drive soon. Salute your resilience !
lifeat100k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 14:44   #48
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your story. May Allah bless you with more courage to face the challenges you are dealing with and life becomes easier for you going forward.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 15:12   #49
BANNED

Extremely sorry to hear the news, wishing you speedy recovery. It is definitely life changing, what a terrible incident. In a sense you were lucky, it could have been worse.
I hope you overcome the pain and suffering and soon get back on road, traveling to beautiful places.
zaks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 15:20   #50
BHPian

I too will pray for your speedy recovery. You have a great set of friends, please thank them on behalf of this community.

'Allahumma ajirnee fee museebati waqluflee qairan minhaa' (Oh God, reward me for the affliction and give me something better in exchange)
tchsvy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 15:39   #51

Take care Fawad. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Drhimanshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 17:17   #52
BHPian

My prayers are for you and your family. Wishing you an early and full recovery. May God give you the strength to cope further. Thank you for sharing this experience.
Plymouth_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 18:25   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawad0222 View Post

What will happen to with my new Jeep Compass manual, which had the first long drive then. I am sure I would be able to drive again, but when, how, what car. Is my passion for long drives over.
You name the place and time brother, and we shall all be there to make that drive happen, whatever it takes. Stay well, stay strong & get better every day.
Newtown is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 19:24   #54
BANNED

I pray for your speedy recovery.
silhor4549 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 12:42   #55
BHPian

First of all my prayers and wishes with you , cant even imagine the trauma you and your family has been through .
You are brave survivor Sir , thanks for sharing this with your fellow BHPians.
hungrygamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 12:50   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now what I am going to tell you is not from memory but what my other two friends told later.
No words to react to this traumatic event. Just gratitude to God that you are getting better & have managed to recover your spirits faster than most would surely.
Hats off to you & your dear ones in coming through this life changing event so far. Best wishes to you towards the best possible recovery in all aspects of your life.

And I will surely look forward to the post with a picture, with you driving your next favourite car.
Good luck Fawad, get better & well quick. For sure - every member / non member reader of this post will have your health in the prayers.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 16:22   #57
BHPian

Quote:
In next two days, with my condition deteriorating, the decision for below knee amputation was taken and was done through. After spending seven more days in ICU
As a fellow Above Knee Amputee, the most important thing is NOT to ponder on what happened and single-mindedly look forward to life as an adventure where you get to learn new ways to do old things the best way suitable to you.

Treat Rehabilitation as more of an adventure and learn to appreciate the body dynamics. The doctors and Physiotherapists would work based on theory and you are in the best position to drive the ergonomics. Get an artificial leg and enjoy life from the present day on.

Unlike the olden days, you have a lot of Auto transmissions to chose from for your auto journey. Here’s to wishing you a speedy recovery and to getting back on the horse.
careind is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 23:41   #58
BHPian

Salute to you sir.
It takes a whole lot of courage and strength to go through all this and still be able to share this traumatic experience with us all.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and God bless you Sir.
FalconRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 00:54   #59
BHPian

"Tough times don't last but tough men do", I admire your courage and strength in penning down the ordeal. I hope and pray that you recover and get back to doing what you love, soon, that is driving your Compass. Do not forget to sue the safari organisers. It is appalling when people tend to take other's lives for granted, they sure need to be taught a lesson. I also hope that the driver is booked for rash and negligent driving with an intention to cause injury/death, but ironically the driver would get away with maximum sentence of 6 months in prison or a meagre fine or both. Also do check if the offending vehicle had insurance and FC at the time of the incident. It would help a great deal in getting just compensation without hassle. Keeping you in my prayers.
Legal_Eagle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 09:02   #60
BHPian

Hi Fawad, deeply anguished to read your writeup. We all feel the pain you're going through. No one should have to go through this kind of trauma. Still, Thank God for your friends - they saved your life.

All our collective prayers and wishes are with you for a quick recovery. Remember, long drives in your Compass await you.
AniChaudhuri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed