Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2023, 09:11   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Cancer treatment - Lessons to share

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
Sir, you have taken the dreaded disease on the chin. I doubt if anyone could write out the gamut of feelings that a cancer patient goes through better than this.
Thank you Doctor. Your words are very encouraging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
What surprises me is that even while going through a weighty health crisis you have maintained your usual mojo, as can be evidenced in your recent posts on the forum. My respects sir!
A cancer survivor, and I have not earned that badge yet as my treatment still has about 2 years to run, can either make the most of each day of life or waste each day worrying about death. That is why I wrote in the end that my week now has 168 hours and not 7 days. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
If I may ask one question, has it been easy to continue receiving the health policy even in old age (I am taking the liberty to assume you are in your late 60s or maybe early 70s) assuming you had started this well before your 50s? Can insurance companies refuse to offer coverage at some point or are they bound to do so regardless of age if you have started your policy at an earlier age and continued it without a break.
I am 63 years of age so a little old but not that old. At least so far the insurance company has not indicated about not renewing the policy at the next annual turn. Given that my wife and I have been insured with them continuously since XX years and are insured for a large sum and this treatment spread over 2 years will still be less than half the sum assured in each year I doubt they would do that. But if an insured party was insured for say a much smaller sum where his treatment consumed up the entire sum assured within the 12-month policy cycle then they would increase the premiums dramatically (2X times for e.g.) or refuse. Hope this helps.
V.Narayan is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 09:32   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
I am 63 years of age so a little old but not that old. At least so far the insurance company has not indicated about not renewing the policy at the next annual turn. …
Hope this helps.
Oh wow!! That’s very young indeed. Cancer is indeed more and more prevalent now and increasingly at much younger ages too. A very close friend’s wife emerged out of it a year or two ago. She was barely in her mid 30s when she was diagnosed with it.

Thank you for the insurance clarifications - they are most helpful. I will speak with my insurance advisor as well to get more clarity on this specifically in the context of our policies. My mum is 77 now and I’m aware she still continues her existing policies that she had taken when she was middle aged.
Axe77 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 09:59   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Sir, what to say. Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. But glad to see your posts and the positive tone!

Wishing you all the very best, a steady and complete recovery. And good wishes to your family who will undoubtedly be your strength on this road.

Looking forward to more of your posts and hope we can in some way provide a diversion to you whenever you need one.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 10:11   #19
BHPian

Get well soon sir. Wishing you a speedy recovery. My aunt also had an undetected stage 3 cancer pop up like yours did. She made it through, albeit the process was painful.
Your posts while you were suffering through this dreaded disease are a testament to your spirit and willpower.
lancia_fanboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 10:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Dear V.Narayan ji, I pray for your speedy recovery. My very best wishes to you, your family members and your care takers as you go ahead with your journey.
May victory be yours - 'Na daro arr seo jab jaye laro nischey kar apni jit karo'.
rrsteer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 10:44   #21

Re: Cancer treatment - Lessons to share

Respect Sir. It took me some courage to click on the post reading the C word.

I am just amazed by your grit in your journey so far and the spirit in which you have shared this with the wider community.

I wish you and your family all the strength and courage to traverse this arduous journey and to come out in good health.

Godspeed!!
Ansar
corner_craver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 10:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for your candour and contemplations, good sir. It helps several like me to be shaken out of our reverie and take stock of our mortality.

It goes without saying that I wish you a speedy recovery, and that you give the big C an ass-kicking it never forgets. Get well soon.
iliketurtles is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 11:04   #23
BHPian

Dear Sir,

Thank You for penning down your thoughts to educate us fellow beings.

Wish you a speedy recovery and i pray to god that it will be so.

God Bless.
matchvan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 11:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Some of us did wonder why you weren't posting as frequently as before. Good for you to pen down your experience and feelings - thanks. We all wish you a long-lasting and quick recovery.
roy_libran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 11:14   #25
BHPian

Dear Sir
Yours were some of the most informative and non-confrontational posts and threads on tbhp, spanning accross aviation, automobiles, charity, fish keeping and what not!

You had indeed mentioned about your convalescence in a previous post. Wrongly assumed that it would be some minor procedure/mishap or one of those common age-related ailments. No other posts had any hints about your diagnosis.

Sincerely wish you a speedy recovery.
crdi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 11:17   #26
BHPian

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery. You'll be in our daily prayers Sir.
Rajjay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 11:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
[center][h3]

Don’t fight to be happy or brave. On days you are down just go with that flow, accept it, curse if you need to and lower your targets for the day. Tomorrow is another day.

No matter how strong we are inside ourselves, how spiritual, how mature trust me cancer creates unspoken stress of a new order altogether. After having faced my own fair set of challenges and tragedies in life I can say hand on heart that cancer knocks you off your feet. Accept it, curl up and have a nap, go for a walk, have a cry, say a prayer; just don't burn your limited emotional reserves trying to put on a fake brave front.

Thank you Sir for penning down the journey of your fight. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

This is the most important take away that I can relate to with any situation that we face in our lives.

Thank you once again..
cormodore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 11:25   #28
BHPian

Dear Sir,

Thank you for expressing your thoughts and give us the insight into things we sometimes try to avoid thinking or run away from.

I wish you a speedy recovery and strength for your family through these hard times.

Regards,
OpenRoads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 11:29   #29
BHPian

Wishing you speedy recovery Sir. This news comes as a shock to me. I pray to God that you will be healthy again.
Thankful to you for penning down your ordeal. It will definitely act as a learning experience for many of us.
behaln is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 11:38   #30
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Sir, you will soon make a full recovery.

Never let fear to rule your life. Immunity will be lowered by fear.

Our prayers and best wishes for a quick recovery.
RGK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks