Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2023, 09:31   #16
BHPian

Re: My heart almost got damaged | Experiences and Lessons Learnt

All the very best for your surgery ! Hope you have a very speedy recovery and many more years of healthiness. Please keep us updated after your surgery.
vaibhavyagnik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 09:32   #17
BHPian

This too shall pass and you will bounce back.
Do not fret too much on the past and missed actions.

My best wishes for safe operation and early recovery.
Concentrate on your recovery and corrective steps as per the doctor's advise.

And you can count on me to keep nagging you regularly on said steps!!
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 09:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

I guess you are having your surgery today and I hope and wish you have a successful surgery. You are lucky that you finally recognised the warning signs your body was giving you and you got to the doctor in the nick of time.

A few years ago, a friend, about the same age as you are now, had similar symptoms and he ignored them. Finally, his wife took him to a doctor where he was told to rush to the hospital. The hospital parking was a little far, so he walked back all the way to the ER and collapsed there - never to wake up again.

Couple of years later, something similar happened in my house. My mom, a doctor, was unwell since a week. I had an upset stomach as well. My father also started having 'gas issues'. We assumed we all had some sort of food poisoning. He did not tell my mom about his symptoms so as not to worry her. He took some gas tablets and went to sleep. And that was it. Next morning, my 6-year old son comes and tells my mom that Ajja is sleeping with his eyes open.

The deceiving factor in my father's case was that both, him and I, had a complete heart check a couple of months earlier. And he came out with flying colours.

What I have taken from these episodes is that our body gives us warnings - we have to heed them in time.
samaspire is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 09:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Day 6 (Contd.)
I am recovering from two very recent back-to-back loses - my mom and a very close friend - both lost to sudden cardiac arrests.

These things aren't very obvious - in terms of early symptoms, but when they strike - they don't give you much time or opportunity to act and seek help.

You are lucky - your body gave you enough signs to say something ain't right.

I wish you a quick recovery, and please try not to avoid breakfast.
Slipstream11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 09:56   #20
BHPian

Vigsom Sir, I am glad to hear that the issue was caught in time.

Many times, it is sad that people don't get a chance to even visit the doctor.

Thank the almighty to give the necessary time to reach the required medical care on time.

I am going through somewhat the same fiasco. I have shooting pain in my chest on the left side for 3-4 seconds and it is gone for the day.

This is more pronounced when I have junk food or anything deep fried.

On getting checked up by a cardiologist who did my ECG, everything turned out to be normal.

I will go and get checked up again.

Some posts are real eye openers for everyone.

Take care Sir and wish you speedy recovery. :-)
gaurav.kokra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 09:58   #21
BHPian

Heyy Vigsom! Shocking to hear about this since I have met you personally and know that you lead a healthy lifestyle. I know you will come out of this in the best of your health and will be back to your diagnosing ways. All the best and get well soon!
InControl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 10:18   #22
BHPian

Just had a talk with you yesterday Sir where you broke this news to me to my utter shock. But I am sure you are going to be healthy and hearty again in a matter of few weeks. Take care sir.
puneetakhouri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 10:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

As much as I am shocked to hear this, I wish you a speedy and full recovery.
On the positive side this was identified and now can be cured/corrective action can be taken in time.
Hats off to your courage and sharing this in such tough time.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 10:32   #24
BHPian

Wish you a very speedy recovery and a big thank you @Vigsom for writing this.

This is a timely reminder to keep ourselves healthy, active, and stress free. After reading your post this morning, I restarted my habit of climbing stairs to my 7th floor office, something which had lapsed in the last few weeks . A slip up of a few days or weeks can negate years of discipline.

Looking forward to your fantastic travelogues soon.
DigitalOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 10:33   #25
BHPian

Young and middle-aged men in India usually suffer from too much stress while trying to take care of their families while sacrificing their own health and well-being. With a background in practicing Yoga for quite a few decades, I can confidently recommend you to try and reduce stress while controlling your diet. Wish you a speedy recovery and hope that you never face this ever again. Get well soon
Chhanda Das is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 10:41   #26
BHPian

Wish you a quick and successful recovery Vigsom!

I can completely understand your situation and can relate to this as my father had to undergo a bypass out of the blue. It's been 10 years and he is doing fine. I'm sure you will comeback more energetic and enrich this forum with your valuable travelogues.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 10:42   #27

Best wishes and wishing you a speedy recovery.
The story is so much similar to my brother (50yrs.) who underwent a CABG (Coronary artery bypass surgery) exactly a month ago.

After 4 episodes of the kind of pain you described, his next door neighbor doctor advised him not to ignore the symptom and get his tests done.

He was also diagnosed with multiple blocks and surgery being the recommended treatment. The surgery went well, and he is now on path of recovery.

3 different cardiologist, including a reputed surgeon in Mumbai, came and explained why surgery is the best option as long term treatment. Surgery happened 2 days after multiple blocks were diagnosed, 8 days of hospital care before he was moved home.

I am 4-5 yrs younger and want to get started on a preventive journey.

May I request for name/reference of Cardiologist in Jayanagar (BLR, I assume)? I am not far from Jayanagar and would start my journey by visiting a doctor.

Thank you for sharing your story. Best wishes.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th July 2023 at 14:43. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
kamleshp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 10:51   #28
BHPian

Thank you, @vigsom, for calling attention to a topic which most middle aged folks (mostly men from what I see) don't pay as much attention as required.

I wish you a very speedy recovery post the surgery and trust you'll come back stronger. Please do take good care.
vijaykr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 11:10   #29
BHPian

I am glad that you got diagnosed right in time and no permanent damage to heart which i would say increases your chance of full recovery post surgery multifold. I consider your and your family extremely lucky that a 90% block is detected thanks to your decision to see Dr in time.

My wishes for a speedy recovery and you get to writing new posts in no time which we all enjoy reading.
ranjith_cbz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 11:19   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Do hope to give you updates and more experiences when I'm convalescing. Take care, folks. Prevention is better than correction.
Thank you for sharing a detailed write-up of your experience and the go do's. This gives motivation!

I wish that you go through this process with courage, and cheer and come out even stronger. Looking forward to your next update.

Last edited by sudeepg : 10th July 2023 at 11:25.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks