Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2023, 14:48   #46
BHPian

Re: My heart almost got damaged | Experiences and Lessons Learnt

Dear VigSom,

I clicked on the thread half hoping that this would be about a close call for your favourite vehicle and not really your heart. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

But good that it was detected in time and getting treated, wish you full recovery and good health.

Very noble of you to share your experience here, I am sure this will remind many of us to focus and recheck on our health and the health of our near and dear ones.
wocanak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 14:48   #47
BHPian

It is the Almighty's blessings that got you through your ordeal. Hopefully the surgery would have been done by now and you will be on the way to quick recovery.

Request doctors on the forum to advise the right preventive diagnostic tests for those in the age group of 45+.
TallBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 15:11   #48
BHPian

Glad you took to the doctors and saved that precious time and a potential complication. Wishing a successful procedure and a speedy recovery. Thanks for sharing the kind words of wisdom even when faced with such a distressing situation. Just like any other speed bump, this too shall pass.

Best wishes for hearty & healthy times ahead!
Herschey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 15:37   #49
BANNED

Wishing a speedy recovery and a healthy comeback as rock solid.
pd_scorpio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 15:40   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

@vigsom while initially expressing disbelief, it was hard to digest the fact that you faced such an ordeal with your heart. But rest assured, many once patients who get back to their normal lifestyles but refreshed (not those face-lift refreshes by our carmakers) do much better after improving shortcomings to emerge healthier. Having learnt their life's hardest and unforgettable lessons, they reminisce their past shortcomings and go for corrective measures.

My grand uncle at the age of 68 suffered his first and last massive heart attack. Once out of the hospital, he made changes in his lifestyle that worked and suited him. He lived till the age of 85, 17 years post the attack but passed away due to other health reasons unrelated to the heart.

There could be umpteen such examples of folks doing much better post the setback. Do please post updates as and when you feel better.

Your posts say that you are under the care of excellent cardiologists, a privilege many others do not have access to. And that says it all - you'll do much better soon after.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 10th July 2023 at 15:44.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 15:42   #51

Dear VigSom,

Wish you a quick, successful and complete recovery.
When those symptoms started showing up, you did everything you could to deny that there was any issue. I can think of work pressure as the only reason for it. Perhaps many of us would do the same in your situation.

That way, you are really very lucky, VigSom. God not only gave you a second life, and we thank HIM for that, but he gave you many chances to ensure you get this second life.

The lesson in it for the rest of us is that new symptoms suddenly turning up - inability to climb a flight of stairs or unexplained sweating - should ring an immediate alarm for a heart check-up and we must not ignore it in any case. Otherwise, we may not be lucky to get the second chance at a second life.

We will wait for your post-surgery experience in this forum ! Cheers.
diwakarjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 15:48   #52
BHPian

Wishing you a speedy recovery Sir. Hope after the surgery you will be fit, fine and lead a normal healthy life.
I always love your train and bus reviews. Hoping for a lots of reviews from your side.
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 15:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

Wish you a speedy and full recovery, @VigSom!

I have been pushing off my annual health check and lazing around with getting back to the gym. Your post is an eye opener.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 16:13   #54
BHPian

Read through your post and some of the replies. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
I appreciate your effort to write a detailed account on the symptoms. This is what I like about this forum.
I hope to see you return back with vigour and may God bless.
Old 10th July 2023, 16:16   #55
BHPian

Wish you all the best for a smooth and successful procedure. Waiting for your next blog after you arrive home safe and strong.
PRS7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 16:32   #56
Senior - BHPian

@vigoism, I really appreciate for the post that you so meticulously have written despite your current health conditions.
Last week, I purchased a BP monitoring device and happened to measure my father in-law's Blood Pressure. The value was so high that the device was failing to register. Immediately took him to the doctor which confirmed my fears. His Blood pressure was 230/140 but he displayed no symptoms. Offlate, he used to breath heavily after walking a few distance which was one of the trigger points. His ECG showed a very minor variation, so did the Echo. The doctor advised immediate ICU admission. Called up the wife who packed his stuff by the time we reached home, immediately drove him to the nearest hospital where he was immediately admitted. By the grace of almighty his BP came down below 200 Systolic and got settled in the range of 160 systolic and 80-90 diastolic.
The reason why i wrote this post is, despite his BP hitting the stratosphere, no symptoms were visible, which I say is the most dangerous and point of concern. Some months back, my brother collapsed at worksite when his BP hit 180. My father's BP too hit 200 Systolic just last week
Although my BP has been within safer limits, my cholesterol levels do not look promising, infact bad to be more precise, so is my weight (extremely high). I have decided to cut down on salt, Sugar and oil and restart my exercise regime.
Your post has come up at the right time, wishing you a speedy recovery and thanks for sharing.
rakesh_r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 17:11   #57
BHPian

Best wishes for successful surgery and speedy recovery.

My father had very similar situation at same age group; in 2005 when he was 55, even very similar symptoms (easy to fall for wrong diagnosis of spondylitis or muscle pain), but thankfully, correct diagnosis and treatment (angioplasty in his case) helped.

Cardiologist who treated him describe diabetes as silent killer and suggested that even if diabetes is borderline and in control, it can cause early symptoms of heart disease appear as very different (and misguiding) from what We generally know.

Last edited by Vishal.R : 10th July 2023 at 17:24.
Vishal.R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 17:17   #58
BHPian

Dear Vigsom

Trust you have had a successful surgery.

As others have mentioned, it is indeed brave on your part to share your story with all of us in the forum. As we age, it becomes more difficult for us to share - especially true for men in general. Your experience has already contributed to many of us "pledging" to adopt healthier life choices.

I would just like to say that the most critical part of your journey to reclaim your life begins after today. As your surgeon must have informed you, the discipline / diligence you show in the next few months will go a long way in leading a healthy life. Please take care and we all pray to the Almighty to support you in this journey.

Cheers

Swami
swami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 17:38   #59
HTC
BANNED

Hi Vigsom,

Glad to hear there were no surprises till you went to doctor. I guess you were very lucky to have not had any major epispode till you got it checked. with heart, you can never take chances.

Recently my mom went through angiogram and then stent placement for 90% blockage in the right supply artery ( which handles 85% of the load) there is still blockage in the left supply artery which doc said can be treated later. After confirming the blockage through angiogram and considering my mom's age, doctor who was outstation on that day, travelled back to Mysore and performed the operation at night to avoid any surprises.
As you are deciplined you heed to what is best course of action as per doctors advice.

In case you need the Mysore doctor details (well renoved cardiologist), please DM me. I will be happy to share.

I am sure you will bounce back with more stories on your vitara and pajero.

- HTC
HTC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 18:06   #60
Senior - BHPian

First off, please take care - wishing you a speedy recovery!

I think we care for our car's engines more than our own. This is an eye opener for many of us - thank you for sharing!
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks