Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2023, 11:19   #31
BHPian

Re: My heart almost got damaged | Experiences and Lessons Learnt

Thanks for sharing this gem in the midst of your pain & anguish. Reading this gave me a wake-up call as I keep ignoring pains as gas, etc. I wish you the very best & that you convalesce faster than ever.
sanjayrozario is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 11:34   #32
BHPian

I would say you are really lucky that you got several signs and symptoms over a period of 5-7 days. In most cases it's just a overnight discomfort and death. Cardiovascular diseases are the most neglected health issues in our country.

I am glad that you are in a safe hands now. Wishing you a healthy and speedy recovery.
Rajamass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 11:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for sharing your experience in detail. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Considering how frequent it is to get symptoms like these with bad food, infections etc, it is difficult to get it checked always. The couple of times I had checked it there were no issues after a plethora of tests - ECG, echo test, treadmill test, all blood tests etc. I know it is better to be safe, but wondering when to get it checked and when not, especially as chest pain/ discomfort due to gastric issues is a regular phenomena.

I agree some of the observations that we eat more than what is required and have regular meals/ snacks. This may be fine during younger days, but now with middle age, reduced metabolism and less efficient body, have to be very careful with how much we eat along with what we eat. Also intake of outside food has gone up as it is so easily available on finger tips with Swiggy/ Zomato.

Reducing stress is another crucual aspect, to which we have less control, in today's fast paced rat race life with more responsibilities. Taking frequent breaks, watching the stress meter and hobbies/ meditations etc seem to be key.

Waiting to get the good news post surgery. Take care.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 10th July 2023 at 11:53.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 12:02   #34
BHPian

Dear Vigsom,

It was very disturbing to come to know about your health and the way things folded. My very best wishes with you. You will definitely come out of this shining.

The lifestyles we have opted these days is the culprit and most of the young generation ( 30s- late 40s) are prone to any of these kind of health issues. Only thing is we have to take care and change the way is our lives. Excercise is mandatory for all.
I am in my early 40s and yet to figure out time for right things.

Always wonder about the folks living in the remotest places nearby and at my native who eat, laugh, work hard physically in farms and stay here forever with no regrets of not making lots of money but happy to have a good life where they work, meet everyone almost daily and on any occasion and strengthen the bonds. This helps them improve emotionally so well that they survive any damn thing. My Maternal Grandpa lived for 94 years on this planet with good food and daily walk of at least 5 km and some meditation.

Mahatma Gandhi has already told us to move to villages. He was a visionary.

Get well soon and keep sharing your used car buying / automobile / bus / train / flight / spaceship / submarine / Tanks / trucks experiences here on this lovely forum

Get well soon sir…

Cheers

Last edited by Guru_Shikhar : 10th July 2023 at 12:04.
Guru_Shikhar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 12:42   #35

Vigsom - I wish you good health. Get well soon!
Old 10th July 2023, 13:16   #36

Thanks for sharing your valuable experience. I was searching for some encouraging words and memory served me well; pasting a paragraph of your own post. Get well soon dear!
Attached Thumbnails
My heart almost got damaged | Experiences and Lessons Learnt-screenshot-20230710-1.07.49-pm.png  

HJ13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 13:26   #37
BHPian

Dear VigSom,

Thanks first for sharing the experience that should definitely push the fence-sitters to take the annual health check-up seriously. Second, praying for your successful surgery and speedy post-op recovery.

Want to add, the most common mistake of misunderstanding this pain as one related to flatulence/food issues is serious and I'd urge everyone to not underestimate this one bit. Made this mistake, suffered for 2 days, and ended up in the hospital for 3 days on lower-level opioids in April this year.

Thankfully, no serious heart issues but, learned of a benign GI tract neoplasm and an abdominal hernia. Goes without saying, my food habits have changed completely, and am working on working out more

Wishing you well.
Jaisalmeriya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 13:30   #38
BHPian

Hello Vigsom,

Wishing you a super speedy recovery.

Thanks for Penning an eyeopener of a thread for others to learn from. Few serious takeaways from your writeup.

First thing first – Nothing is more important than health. Everything else can wait. There’s a reason for saying “Health is Wealth” or “A stitch in time saves nine”

Talk to someone about the problem, they would be able to guide you in proper direction. Even if you are trying to ignore it. Keeping it inwards can create more problems in long run.

Don’t ignore your problems, acknowledge them, sooner the better. When we ignore them, the problem doesn’t go away? It doesn’t auto-resolve. Ignoring them, we put it in the back of our minds. Our subconscious mind still thinks about them. I would say that you are lucky enough that you ignored heart related issues for 7-days. Many people don’t even get a second more.

Eat Healthy, Exercise Regularly (Difficult but Doable) – Wisdom Words, someone told me, “my stomach isn’t a dustbin, that I keep throwing all the junk in”.

Get an annual check-up plan. Specially if one is 40+. Luckily, I have been in an industry, where it’s an employer’s prerogative to get us checked annually so that we won't create an emergency or unsafe environment for others. Sometimes the Data/results in your hand is good enough reason to start working out/taking care of the health. How we maintain our cars, same analogy can be implemented for our bodies too.

Last but not the least - Learn to give CPR, it’s not a difficult process (being a certified CPR giver). It could actually mean the difference between life and death in any emergency scenarios. In fact, on Airports I have seen AED’s also, there’s no harm in learning about how to operate them.

Sir, Get Well Soon
NomadSK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 13:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Man, what a thrilling narration. Felt like I was alongside you.

Glad to know you reached the doc/hospital on time and minimized any risks or damages. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
funkykar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 13:51   #40
BHPian

Praying for your speedy recovery and wishing you come back online to share with us your knowledge and wisdom.
bajica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 14:13   #41
BHPian

You are in the right hands and right step. It was good that there were issues found with ECG and tests. Most people can have all this good and yet face severe issues.

Knowing what's wrong is the best thing and after surgery good as new.

Best wishes to your recovery and well being

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th July 2023 at 14:43. Reason: Minor spacing for improved readability
PreludeSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 14:23   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Vigsom,

Wish you a very speedy recovery and all the best!

In a way it is great that this got detected in time without any further trouble, and I am sure after the surgery you will recover fully soon and you heart will be as good as new. You will come back with a new energy after the recovery!

Wish you all the best!
Dr.AD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 14:25   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Take care my friend. I don’t know what happened to V Narayan. I haven’t been here much. Will need to dig up some old threads of his.

Take care and be healthy!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 14:34   #44
BHPian

Dear VigSom,

Wishing you a very speedy recovery from this ordeal. Thank you for serving a reminder for us to not overlook even the slightest Hiccup(we should start treating ourselves like our cars now)

I need suggestions from our members regarding Annual checkups.

I've decided to gift full body checkups as birthday gifts to all my dear ones. So far I've been doing Thyrocare Aarogyam x health checkup as a package. I don't think thats enough.

Can anyone guide me to a proper full body checkup plan or place around Navi Mumbai and Mumbai.

The biggest problem with checkups are the cost and I've always waited for discounts by Thyrocare. Some others are cheap but then i doubt the authenticity of the results. So a reliable and pocket friendly(optional) alternative would be best. Maybe this can be a seperate thread 'preventive healthcare' and some medical experts can pitch in

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th July 2023 at 14:44. Reason: Minor spacing for improved readability
PrasadS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 14:42   #45
BHPian

Wish you a speedy quick recovery. And thank God you landed in safe hands just in time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks