Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2023, 07:35   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: My heart almost got damaged | Experiences and Lessons Learnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
I learnt the hard way from my ongoing cancer treatment is that we eat about twice as much as is really needed and then add to those complications of modern processed foods. Most of our health complications have one or more roots in what we eat.
Wish you a complete remission and a full recovery from your ailment dear V. Narayan. Shocked to hear.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 07:57   #77
vij
BHPian

You reached the hospital in time and without much incident - so God is with you. I know people who are leading normal lives after a bypass.

The surgery is performed millions of times a year with almost 100% success rates. Be brave, you will be fine!

Last edited by vij : 11th July 2023 at 08:05.
vij is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 09:09   #78
BHPian

Wishing you a speedy recovery !

Bypass surgery is commonplace nowadays and should go well, my brother at age of 57 also underwent surgery few years back as he had 3 major and 1 minor block.

The flip side is that post the operation he looks and feels 10 years younger, went through rehab, is able to cycle 40 kms, run 5+ kms, walk 10+ kms etc and has taken corrective steps to avoid recurrence. His quality of life has improved with the surgery.

Be strong, believe in yourself and look forward to the future you will be well !
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 09:20   #79
BHPian

The HOD Cardiology was kind enough to come and spend a cool 15 mins talking to me about so many examples he has seen of disciplined swamijis, and so many others facing such issues. He added that these days, a majority of folks just collapse before reaching medical care, and that I should consider myself lucky to be in care in time.

I'm a heart patient, gone through angioplasty twice (age 36 and age 44). I have seen two of my very close relatives and a few of my friends just collapse and die before reaching medical care. So you are lucky and you will definitely fight it and get well soon.

Your symptoms are matching with mine, I too used to feel a squeezing pain below the jaws and a pain in my upper abdomen whenever I stressed a bit before my second angioplasty.

Our lifestyle and food are our main killers.

Get well soon
NomadicLife is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 10:49   #80
BHPian

Dear Vigsom! Thank you for sharing your experience this candidly. I decipher your willpower and your self-confidence is palpable. You will plough through this and emerge as a champion.

I can relate to the phases of the by-pass. Denial, Anger, Agony, and acceptance. I understand how excruciating that must have been. But, this all will be behind you very soon.

My wishes for your speedy recovery. Time for me to get into the annual medical checks and seriously work on stopping my 25-year-old nicotine and alcohol demons.
rangarx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 10:53   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post

Where food goes one thing, I learnt the hard way from my ongoing cancer treatment is that we eat about twice as much as is really needed and then add to those complications of modern processed foods. Most of our health complications have one or more roots in what we eat.
I am shocked to know this and sorry didn't knew it before. I hope the treatment is going well for you. My best wishes.

Dear Vigsom,

I hope when I am posting this the worst is already over and you are already on the road to recovery. I have seen too many people around me developing heart conditions to take this quite seriously now. I will be 42 in 2 months. I have been fit all my life and a gym goer with outdoor sporting activities. But, in last 3- 4 years I have been neglecting my health due to bad eating habits and not working out as much as I should. That's why I have even put on some fat and weight. Since last 25 days I am back to good eating habits with proper workout including walking atleast 6-7km every day. I hope to go back to my fit version by end of October.

One other thing I need to do is going for yearly full body check ups for both me and wife. Parents do it every year and I should learn from them. Life is fickle as we know it but we can make an effort to live it the right way till we can.

Last edited by harry10 : 11th July 2023 at 10:55.
harry10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 13:25   #82
BHPian

Praying for your good health back. I have never gone for full body checkup in my life. Only couple of blood reports sponsored by my office. I am 29 years old regularly going to gym and maintaining my weight so never gave it a thought. But your ordeal is reminder that all might be good on the outside but inside there are things that might go wrong. I booked a full body checkup with ecg for the weekend and will be doing the same every year from now on.

Thanks for the awareness and hoping that you are reading this after successfully surgery
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 14:09   #83
BHPian

Dear Vigsom,

I'm glad that you have identified the issue, and thankfully, no mishap or collapse has occurred. I hope you will recover soon and return to normal.

Please take care of yourself, remain calm, and try to relax.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 17:13   #84
BHPian

Dear Vigsom,

Hope you are recuperating well post surgery or if it is yet to happen, wish you a successful surgery and a complete recovery.

I would begin my post with the observation that you ignored your body's emergency signals which I didn't expect from you, knowing you through your such detailed and painstakingly carried out car projects or train journeys. Nevertheless you are lucky that you still made it to a capable physician in time and I am sure you will come out of this, rejuvenated and kicking.

You will come to accept the new state of your health in time and I believe it is all part of continuous and irreversible processes our body goes through, starting right from the instant we are born and then as our age advances.

Bypass surgery will give you a fresh lease of life and with experts' guidance, you can jump into the life's vigours again, with full throttle.

Of course, we must lead a life mixed with the right balance of, attention to health through physical exercise, right diet, regular health checkup etc and our job & other worldly affairs. Our duty to ourselves end there and beyond that leave it to the almighty.

Waiting for you to come out of the hospital and conquer the world once again.

Regards

Last edited by fawad0222 : 11th July 2023 at 17:16.
fawad0222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 00:43   #85

Hi Vigsom,

Thank you for sharing your ordeal with us. Definitely an eye opener as seemingly minor issue can have such major impact.

My Prayers to give you more strength and wishing you speedy recovery.

Take it easy for some time till you are back to normal.
vvbkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 09:46   #86
BHPian

Received a message from Sukanya, his better half, that surgery was done successfully. There were 3 blocks and hence 3 bypasses were put in place.

That he did not collapse during the tour is itself a grace of god.
I estimate that he will be in the Cardiac Care ICU for a week atleast.
I will update you all as I receive any news.
sridhar-v is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 10:08   #87
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Received a message from Sukanya, his better half, that surgery was done successfully. There were 3 blocks and hence 3 bypasses were put in place.

That he did not collapse during the tour is itself a grace of god.
I estimate that he will be in the Cardiac Care ICU for a week atleast.
I will update you all as I receive any news.
Glad to know that the surgery was done successfully, hoping for a quick recovery and thanks a lot for the update.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 11:00   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Received a message from Sukanya, his better half, that surgery was done successfully.
Thanks a lot for the positive update. Huge relief.
May he recover to full fitness soon.
Old 12th July 2023, 11:03   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Was just able to connect with Somnath sir over text. The surgery was done and he is improving gradually. Obviously with all our wishes, he will be back in action soon with his fantastic travelogues and troubleshooting threads.
Not to mention, probably his troubleshooting skill made him present himself for examination at the right time.

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 11:05   #90
BHPian

Wish you a quick recovery Vigsom

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks