Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2007, 18:42   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
I feel threatened due to road rage in Bangalore or due to Cauvery riots. Can I get a gun and keep it? No !! The due process is to apply for a license and buy a pistol. NOT an Automatic Sub Machine Gun and definitely not from a Gangster.

?
There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between FEELING THREATENED and BEING THREATENED .....

And due you even know the process for applying for a fire arm .... it will take ages and myabe by then the threats have been carried out and you couldn't do jack **** !! Id take the 2nd route if I ever have to ....
Old 1st August 2007, 18:46   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
And possesing a fire arm ... all of us want to , but does that classify us as killers ??
There is a difference between want to, and actually procuring that too from dons/terrorists.

Quote:
All you guys who think he got what he deserved are probably ones who have never had their lives threatened ... and probably have a halo around their heads !!! And he's done more good for society than all of you put together .... so he definitely doesnt deserve 6 yrs !!!
Almost everybody had received some threat or the other in life. If everybody keeps on procuring weapons, there'll be uncontrollable chaos.
And not ever having my life threatened, well that's a story for whenever we eventually meet ;-)

P.S. Khaadu, on a lighter note. Is all this sympathy to Sanjay Dutt due to the fact that both of you are from same school ;-)

Cheers

Nitin
Old 1st August 2007, 18:53   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
P.S. Khaadu, on a lighter note. Is all this sympathy to Sanjay Dutt due to the fact that both of you are from same school ;-)

Cheers

Nitin
.. One of the many reasons !!! But the main thing is that he still doesn't deserve 6 yrs for it .... and after all hes probably the Only Real Man left in Bollywood so seeing him go out is a dampener for me personally . Just imagine going to watch a movie with the SRKs & gang -- !!!

Cheers

PS -- How did you know hes from my school ... ??? Hes a great guy .. and you have to meet him personally to realise that .
Old 1st August 2007, 18:53   #64
Team-BHP Support

Well, leave everything else aside for a minute and think on this. You start getting all sorts of threats, extortion notes and what not. Gangs threaten to wipe your family off. The social scene is looking bleak as well. Everyday someone or other is dead on the roads caught in the rival gang shootouts. Builders, doctors and anyone with money is either coughing up protection money or else is getting killed. Police is equivalent to being non-existant.

You still decide to give it a shot and approach the police for some sort of an armed protection. Police express their inability to do so. Seeing no other way you talk to some of the dreaded ganglords whom you know through your connections. You procure an automatic machine gun, maybe even some hand grenades. Uh! Now you are are ready to take them on.

Unfortunately police stumbles on to this dark truth. Obviously now you are in soup. What will happen do you think? Arm's act in this country states even a small arm like a pistol needs a license which is given after a lot of scrutiny. Anything more is simply not allowed, no matter who you are. So your case is a grievious one. You know the rap that you are going to get. Right?

Now tell me how do you expect that Sanjay Dutt, forget whoever he is, should get a different treatment? More than that, if in the above scenario it had been someone other than you or Sanjay whom you do not know much about what would you have said?

Law goes by the books. You can not take umbrage of emotions, extra constitutional rights etc. just because you are someone.

Now for all those who think that Sanjay's case was different from the rest because of the scenario then again the Arms Act needs to be so amended as to allow influential people to keep deadly machine guns and likes without license when they feel threatened. Not possible, right? So there.
Old 1st August 2007, 18:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

And the judge also said that Sanjay was guilty as he had attended a party in Dubai where D and another goon were present. That party was thrown by Feroze (DAD) Khan. So who is more guilty ? The host or the guest who decided to attend the party as he was the hero of the movie being directed by the host ?
Old 1st August 2007, 19:09   #66
BHPian

Not fair!!!

What is the point in punishing a guy for a mistake has been committed so long ago.
He has changed and reformed. If he had been given 10 years 14 years ago I would say that is fair.

Whatever you guys say there is no excuse for politicians getting away for their crimes. Wasn't there an issue where a prominent politician fired rounds in to the air from an AK 47 at his daughters wedding.

I have not heard about the issue since the one day it came in news!!
Old 1st August 2007, 19:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

The wheels of justice grind slowly, but surely !! Old proverb.
Old 1st August 2007, 19:26   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between FEELING THREATENED and BEING THREATENED .....

And due you even know the process for applying for a fire arm .... it will take ages and myabe by then the threats have been carried out and you couldn't do jack **** !! Id take the 2nd route if I ever have to ....
Yes I know the process, we have a firearm at home.

And yes I know what being threatened means. I've even suffered bodily harm.

But that doesn't mean I can go and take the law in my hands and then hide it.

No offense meant.

:0)
Old 1st August 2007, 19:44   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Khaadu, May I ask the same question to you; do YOU know the process of applying for a fire-arm? It generally takes about 1 month to get the license. But if you can show a genuine threat, this process can be expedited and be completed in a week.

I am saying this based on personal experience.

\N
Old 1st August 2007, 19:46   #70
BHPian

Quote:
PS -- How did you know hes from my school ... ??? Hes a great guy .. and you have to meet him personally to realise that .
I read somewhere on this forum that you studied in Sanawar.
And anybody who had been to Kasauli can not miss Sanjay Dutt's pictures on that photographer's shop :-)

Cheers

Nitin
Old 1st August 2007, 19:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

A jail sentence is given to a person to reform him.We know he has reformed,so why all this?
Old 1st August 2007, 20:00   #72
Senior - BHPian

I hope Sanjay's able to appeal with the Supreme Court, and is let off. If only the corrupt officials & politicians could be dealt with such a strict sentence... It would make things a whole lot better.
Old 1st August 2007, 20:06   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I hope Sanjay's able to appeal with the Supreme Court, and is let off. If only the corrupt officials & politicians could be dealt with such a strict sentence... It would make things a whole lot better.
If Sanju Baba is let off then it will be a precedence to the corrupt officials & politicians - they will claim they are also reformed and since court let Sanju Baba off, then it has to let them also.

(BTW, what is the criteria whether one is reformed or not? Acting in feel-good films?)
Old 1st August 2007, 20:28   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
If Sanju Baba is let off then it will be a precedence to the corrupt officials & politicians - they will claim they are also reformed and since court let Sanju Baba off, then it has to let them also.

(BTW, what is the criteria whether one is reformed or not? Acting in feel-good films?)

Thats possible, but more than anything else,its the humble nature and his transformation that speaks volumes about Sanjay Dutt. One thing that I did notice in the pop album with Asha Bhosle- he stands next to her like a meek kid,showing his respect & humility for such a popular & loved person like Asha Bhosle.

I don't think any of the corrupt politicians would come close to that image of Sanjay's. Anyways.. to hell with those corrupt individuals!
Old 1st August 2007, 21:04   #75
BHPian

"The law is reason, free from passion." Aristotle.

The man did wrong, got convicted, as simple as that. Why does it matter if he is an actor or whatever or has a big Ferrari or a Lambo? So are Ferrari owners above law? And what the hell was a grenade doing in his house? And how come acting in feel good movies have anything to do with the reformation of a person? Its called *acting* for a reason. Even if somebody like Rajni does something stupid, he deserves to go to jail.

In India justice is slow but sure! Justice was delivered 10 years after Priyadarshini Mattoo was raped and killed by Santosh Singh. Why didn't people say then that "oh Santosh did that 10 years ago, now he is all reformed and a nice guy and has a wife and a kid, lets leave him alone he won't rape or kill anymore"? Would you support that?

I am glad this has happened. Its through these incidents that India is truly progressing, everybody is equal under the law and no matter how big shot he is, he will be punished. Kudos to the Judge who presided over this case and must appreciate his b@lls to withstand pressure from every quarter and give a correct verdict. The poor dude has to be under heavy security for the rest of his life.

And politicians do get convicted as well. Remember Shibu Soren? The coal mantri?

Why do the crime when you can't do the time?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks