Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2007, 15:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Sanjay Dutt gets 6 years of prison: Update 20 Aug: Now granted Bail

Just saw it in a news channel, that sanjay dutt gets a 6 year jail term and a fine of Rs. 25,000/-.

Its good to know that our courts has convicted a star, proving that all are equal under the law. I hope this judgement gives an indication to other bollywood stars to be cautious in having relations with the underworld or thinking that they can get away breaking the law.

Kanon ke haath bahuth labme hain. Also the case be bahut Lamba chala !! (14 years!!!)

AFAIK, sanjay dutt gave statement long ago that he is guilty but still why such a delay in giving the sentence.

Talking to my dad on the same issue, he says the court will not give a sentence if the prosecution cannot prove it even if the accused has confessed......

I am sure there atleast couple of lawyers here. Can anyone comment?

raj.
Old 31st July 2007, 15:45   #2
Team-BHP Support

14 years is a really long period for justice. Forget the guilty, but what if an innocent is held up?
Old 31st July 2007, 15:50   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Its good to know that our courts has convicted a star, proving that all are equal under the law. I hope this judgement gives an indication to other bollywood stars to be cautious in having relations with the underworld or thinking that they can get away breaking the law.
Bull crap! There is no equality under the arms of law and I will vouch for our judicial system once I see all the politicians behind bars which will never happen. I am not supporting any bollywood stars here but when was the last time you heard a politician involved in a scandal to go behind bars?
Old 31st July 2007, 15:57   #4
BHPian

Politician even if convicted, would still stand for election from behind bars... AND get elected.

Either ways we get screwed.
Old 31st July 2007, 16:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Sanju baba will surely get some of the years pardoned and the sentence shortened after he serves 3/4 yrs.

Since we are a car forum, the obvious Q that comes to mind - what happens to the Ferrari ? He'll keep it for that many years ?
Old 31st July 2007, 16:12   #6
BHPian

I wonder why the court imposes such miniscule amount of monetary fine along with such heavy jail terms!
Old 31st July 2007, 16:12   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
what happens to the Ferrari ?
I see Dippy logging off right now, running towards his OHC, slapping it in D and driving off to Sanju's house with a large cardboard sign saying "mai chalaaoo".
Old 31st July 2007, 16:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Actually he serves 6 yrs less 16 months which he has already done, makes it 4.8 yrs, he is gong to do about 1.8, let off for 3 on good conduct probably.

I really did not like this news as he is one of my favourite stars. BUT thats the way it goes.
Old 31st July 2007, 16:17   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
I see Dippy logging off right now, running towards his OHC, slapping it in D and driving off to Sanju's house with a large cardboard sign saying "mai chalaaoo".
LMAO I had the same thoughts.
Old 31st July 2007, 16:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post

may be he is getting ready to buy the ferrari - well if only Sanju baba is willing to sell it off. but then what's the harm in dreaming?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 31st July 2007 at 16:26.
Old 31st July 2007, 16:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Come on guys - forget the Ferrari - Sanjay Dutt must be having a hell of a time right now - saw TV - poor guy suffered enough and now This - he had tears in his eyes - I wish him all the Best.

Hope he survives these yrs and he comes back with a bigger bang.

Cheers Sanjay !!!
Old 31st July 2007, 16:35   #12
BANNED

He willl .... as for his ferrari , knowing him -- he shall just hand the keys to one his gud buddies and ask him to enjoy her while hes away !!!

As for him ... I really feel for him !!! Hes probably one of the bestest guys out there ... and for this to happen -- DAMN , what about our own Bihari politicians ???? Hes the last of the ' REAL MEN ' in the industry ..... and for him to go down like this is really unfortunate --- now for a while the choco boys can take centre stage .

I hope something happens and it gets reverted somehow .... !!!
Old 31st July 2007, 16:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

One can say Justice at last. But 14 yrs is a bit too long, hopefully we'll get judgements on someother stars(Salman...) and politicians(many can't name) as well.
Old 31st July 2007, 16:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak View Post
I wonder why the court imposes such miniscule amount of monetary fine along with such heavy jail terms!
i second that. my father(working as an inspector with excise police) says thats a high amount most of the times its around 5,000/- to 10,000/-...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Bull crap! There is no equality under the arms of law and I will vouch for our judicial system once I see all the politicians behind bars which will never happen. I am not supporting any bollywood stars here but when was the last time you heard a politician involved in a scandal to go behind bars?
yes, you are right.

But, I wanted to focus on the fact, why such a delay??? even after sanjay dutt accepted his mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
14 years is a really long period for justice. Forget the guilty, but what if an innocent is held up?
good point, for an innocent who is weak at heart might very well get dipressed or might be feeling to hang himself......
Old 31st July 2007, 16:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

May be Justice at last. Think Sanjubaba has suffered a lot already, but then he has to go through it for the wrong doings done knowingly or otherwise. Hopefully he'll get some relief from the Supreme court or may be even the President. (His sister is congress MP, and the President is, well you know it)

Anyways I wonder when will those murderers posing as politicians and using fireweapons openly in weddings (Bihar), will get convicted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks