Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2013, 14:23   #1291
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yes this is a nice developing area. Land prices alng the Sarjapura- Attibelle stretch along NH207 are rising quite rapidly indeed. We have a little plot near there quite close to Clover Golf course and Indus International. Just waiting for a little longer before beginning construction. That area is moving quickly but it will take another 2-3 years before one can call it a 'well developed' area. A villa in general is always much more premium than an apartment, though each has its advantages and disadvantages.
Hi Shankar,

By any chance do you know the cost trend of residential layouts in TN side of Sarjapura. I mean Bagalur area.
Old 8th July 2013, 14:34   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Riju, those guys are right and playing by the book. The law says no exterior modifications are allowed to the existing structure. Thus would also include sliding doors since these affect the external appearance.

We have the same contention at most apartments. It would be best to go through the clause in your sale agreement.

In most cases people make these changes when the association is not too strict and also once the BBMP has issued the Occupancy Certificate.
+ 1 , it is best to adhere to rules outlined in the association book.

During my stay in France, the apartment owners were against drying/hanging of clothes in the balcony.

See how strict is french Property Law:
http://frenchalps.angloinfo.com/info...proprietaires/

We have to be happy that such strict rules are not in place in our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Hi Shankar,

By any chance do you know the cost trend of residential layouts in TN side of Sarjapura. I mean Bagalur area.
Bagalur area - you will get a plot in 450-600 range.

You should try investing on sarjapur-attibele road as you could get a good price & there are positive indications(not the Infy story) that this stretch is going to develop.

I invested in a layout on this stretch back in 2008, hoping to build my own house, Prices along this road range from 900 psft to 1700 psft depending on the builder (e.g.) Confident, Golden Gate, Spring Gardens, NetCity, Beml.

Bagalur is around 10kms from sarjapur circle, I've visited few under-construction villa on the way to bagalur. It is too far, that too on the TN border, IMO I wouldn't advise anyone to invest.

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 8th July 2013 at 14:42.
Old 8th July 2013, 16:14   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post

Hi Shankar,

Not really mate. Though Clover Greens Golf Villas and plots are going at several Cr. each...
Old 3rd August 2013, 17:04   #1294
BHPian

Buying Property in Himachal Pradesh : Need Help!

Guys!

I've been trying to buy a house in Palampur (Himachal Pradesh) for some time now. Unfortunately i hear that the there is an unwritten law in HP, that HP govt. does not allow People from Outside HP to buy property in Himachal Pradesh for private use. The only way to buy property is for the purpose of building a commercial resort/hotel/bed n breakfast or anything else that may promote tourism.

I need help to find a solution to this as I want to build a small vacation home there.

Your suggestions are welcome.
Old 3rd August 2013, 17:23   #1295
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying Property in Himachal Pradesh : Need Help!

Yes there are restrictions on people from outside buying land etc. The only way to overcome this is to apply for permission (like Robert and Prianaka Vadra).

The government did announce a relaxation in these rules a few years back but this was very limited to certain criteria of property.

Following story from past week may be of interest: http://www.dnaindia.com/india/186756...-under-scanner

You looked into Uttarakhand? Not sure if they are as restrictive there.
Old 3rd August 2013, 17:30   #1296
BHPian

Hi bluebeem, your question needs to be posted on the thread below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...thread-84.html

You can request the mods to merge these threads.
Old 3rd August 2013, 17:58   #1297
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Guys!

I've been trying to buy a house in Palampur (Himachal Pradesh) for some time now. Unfortunately i hear that the there is an unwritten law in HP, that HP govt. does not allow People from Outside HP to buy property in Himachal Pradesh for private use. The only way to buy property is for the purpose of building a commercial resort/hotel/bed n breakfast or anything else that may promote tourism.

I need help to find a solution to this as I want to build a small vacation home there.

Your suggestions are welcome.
There is no Unwritten law as such . everything is written as per law. If you are a non resident of himachal, you cannot buy land via any means. Rules are pretty strict .even a resident himachali cannot buy land in upper areas of kinnaur and lahaul and spiti .

Only way out is get land on 99 years lease which govt allows but that also is for commercial ventures only as for as i know.

PS : - govt has recently crack down on few such illegal land dealing in and around Dharamsala where tibetans bought land. There are many more such examples.
Old 3rd August 2013, 18:07   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post

There is no Unwritten law as such . everything is written as per law. If you are a non resident of himachal, you cannot buy land via any means. Rules are pretty strict .even a resident himachali cannot buy land in upper areas of kinnaur and lahaul and spiti .

Only way out is get land on 99 years lease which govt allows but that also is for commercial ventures only as for as i know.

PS : - govt has recently crack down on few such illegal land dealing in and around Dharamsala where tibetans bought land. There are many more such examples.
Well until very recently, you could have a power of attorney or a person's will naming the land in your name. But recently the government has not been allowing that either. This hasn't been put on paper yet. But it's still being contested in court of law.

According to the government the only way a will/power of attorney can award land to another person is if he's a blood relative. The will stands annulled in all other cases.

The crackdown has majorly been on real estate players who've simply bought huge pots of land in the name of locals and then converted it into apartments/farmhouses and other commercial projects.

I'm looking for a small piece of land for personal use only. Isn't there any way around this ?
Old 3rd August 2013, 18:11   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Guys!

Yes there are restrictions on buying land but I think you can buy an apartment in HP. Though I am not sure about it.
Old 8th August 2013, 11:16   #1300
BANNED

Quote:
I'm looking for a small piece of land for personal use only. Isn't there any way around this ?
There is No legal way Out . The Lease Route was abused to the core by All and as such they dropped it. Many tibetans has actually bought land via this route which was the major reason ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Yes there are restrictions on buying land but I think you can buy an apartment in HP. Though I am not sure about it.
Not any more.
Old 8th August 2013, 11:20   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
There is No legal way Out . The Lease Route was abused to the core by All and as such they dropped it. Many tibetans has actually bought land via this route which was the major reason ..

Not any more.
What happens if I put in a proposal to build a small bed n breakfast with 4-5 cottages ? I've heard if a proposal to promote tourism is put in, they accept it easily.

The cottages can be occasionally rented out when I'm not staying.
Old 12th August 2013, 23:19   #1302
BHPian

Mods : not sure if this is right thread to ask, please delete if so.

Can Mumbaikars provide a ballpark figure for a rented apartment with car parking in Malad ? I'm looking for 1BHK, 2BHK can do if I can get a roommate. I will need other directions - nearest grocery shops, malls, car service stations, fuel stations.

TIA.

PS : Like the case of Himachal Pradesh above, I hear there is a restriction on non-Goans buying property in Goa , too ? Is that true ? I remember reading though, some page 3 regular film star owns a Goa apartment.
Old 12th August 2013, 23:44   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci

PS : Like the case of Himachal Pradesh above, I hear there is a restriction on non-Goans buying property in Goa , too ? Is that true ? I remember reading though, some page 3 regular film star owns a Goa apartment.
The Goa thing is not true. We have land holdings in Goa and are not Goan and there is no restrictions on purchase and sale of Property in Goa to non Goan Indians. The Property Laws of the state though are derived from the Portuguese Laws and not British Laws like most other parts of India.
Old 25th August 2013, 16:41   #1304
BHPian

I have a query regarding stamp duty and registration of a resale flat in Pune coming under PMC:
For stamp duty and registration, the advocate has asked to get DDs of nationalized bank. I don't have an account in a nationalized bank. Is it really true that you need a DD of a nationalized bank only? I find it hard to believe because not everyone will have account in a nationalized bank. A bank would most probably not give DD for a big amount in lieu of cash as well.
Old 25th August 2013, 22:37   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
I have a query regarding stamp duty and registration of a resale flat in Pune coming under PMC:
For stamp duty and registration, the advocate has asked to get DDs of nationalized bank. I don't have an account in a nationalized bank. Is it really true that you need a DD of a nationalized bank only? I find it hard to believe because not everyone will have account in a nationalized bank. A bank would most probably not give DD for a big amount in lieu of cash as well.
DD from nationalized bank is not mandatory. I have registered my property last year using HDFC DD and also using a DD from citibank in 2010. Please talk to your lawyer I think he is talking the easier way out. Also as a precaution pay the stamp duty few days in advance if you are going with your bank in worst case.

Last edited by deepaktpatil : 25th August 2013 at 22:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks