Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2015, 20:41   #1651
BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

On the subject of encroachment, I thought I should post this picture which I can't get out of my head even after 5 years.

The Property / Real Estate Thread-drain250.jpg

From Deccan Herald (30 August, 2010): A huge commercial complex, located on Lal Bagh road, is constructed on pillars that go deep into the drain. The complex houses a lodge, an apparel shop and offices of private firms. The building owner has escaped the axe of the BBMP despite the head office of the Palike being a stone’s-throw away from the complex.

Obviously this was done by some local small-fry to earn rental income, but the bigger fish get away by changing the entire landscape.
Old 27th May 2015, 02:11   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Oh. Is army silent or have they taken up any measures to vacate the encroachment? I thought army will fence their properties and is always guarded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I think there is a dispute on Inner ring road between defense and prominent minister's complex.
There is a dispute between railways and Mantri mall in Malleswaram. So no one is immune.

You need someone to function beyond defined job roles to be vigilant of such things which in this country is not normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
I always thought defense forces can Defend their land. After all, they defend our country. Sad to note that the state of affairs has gone to dogs.

I hope criminal cases are filed against builders and they are punished rather than harassing people who bought the flats/ houses with their savings
If someone encroaches upon defence land, the most that the armed forces can do is to lodge an FIR with the Police/revenue departments. The encroachment will get reported to the concerned Defence Estate Office which will file a writ against the encroachment in the concerned court of law. Litigation will take its own sweet time by when the original litigants would, in all eventuality, have passed away and land records conveniently amended/fudged/lost. The Defence Estate department, which is the custodian of all defence land and is manned entirely by civil officials, has a dubious reputation. Removing encroachments is tougher than evicting the enemy from the country's borders.

The Ministry of Defence is the second largest land holder after the Railways. Getting all defence land fenced is a mammoth task and the process of getting funds released is a two-year process.

It was in the papers yesterday that 450 acres of land near NOIDA which was bought from villagers in 1955 for the purpose of making a bombing range for the IAF has vanished in thin air. Go figure.
Old 27th May 2015, 11:35   #1653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
I am in a lookout for a Villa in the outskirt/developing areas of Bangalore.
I happen to visit the Golden Gate golden homes in sarjapur-attibele road and did some enquiry. Seems the builder does not have a good history of delivering on time. Plus I enquired from existing customer, they said the price quotation (85-90L for 3 bhk, 1500 sqft) is highly inflated. It should not cost more than 75L for top end. But I was skeptical about the location since its pretty far off from city. Close to 22 kms from ORR and 37 kms from indiranagar.
Second I was enquiring about the Pruksa Silvana. I am trying to hunt for any number of seller and not broker but unable to find one. Does anyone has any pointer? Also what is the general feedback?

I am hunting for a villa in similar location. Can anyone recommend anything better. Max budget is under 90L.
Did you try to bargain with builder ? I too had a look at this villa last week and kind of liked it. I feel he will agree to negotiate by few lakhs easily.

My main concern is about the schools. I am looking at CBSE and the nearest school Vibgyor is just ICSE. I came across another Chrysalis high and DPS(10+ kms) but not sure if long commute is good for kids
Old 27th May 2015, 20:01   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Did you try to bargain with builder ? I too had a look at this villa last week and kind of liked it. I feel he will agree to negotiate by few lakhs easily.

My main concern is about the schools. I am looking at CBSE and the nearest school Vibgyor is just ICSE. I came across another Chrysalis high and DPS(10+ kms) but not sure if long commute is good for kids
One of my colleague is living in that property and he told me there are a few issues. First is the property is thorough fare for the villagers, they freely use it for normal commute. There is no issue as such but does not give that feeling of gated (read safe and secure) community.
Second there is a Banyan tree in one side of the project. The tree is worshipped by the locals and they bring in dead bodies there during funeral. I think we should not complain about this, but this certainly may make one uncomfortable.
Plus the price quoted by builder was too high. For a 60-40 villa, one should not expect anything more than 75-80L. I have dropped all the plans as of now.
Old 27th May 2015, 22:51   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
First is the property is thorough fare for the villagers, they freely use it for normal commute. There is no issue as such but does not give that feeling of gated (read safe and secure) community.
Any property approved by BBMP cannot legally be a gated community. It is mandatory that the property developer registers roads, parks, open spaces and CA sites to BDA and all citizens have the right to use it.

Many so-called gated communities have had their gates razed in the past; reports can be found all over the web. Builders are well aware that they cannot legally call it a gated community, but persist to do so.
Old 30th May 2015, 21:25   #1656
Senior - BHPian

the link:-
http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...10.cms?ref=yfp

Land aquisition work begins for 120 km/h Bangalore city-Chennai drive in 3 hours
National Highways Authority of India will acquire properties in 13 villages in Hoskote to make way for the proposed six-lane, 262-km expressway

VILLAGES TO BE AFFECTED

The 13 villages near Hoskote are:

*Dandupalya *Kolathur * Vadigehalli * Vagata *Karibeernahoshalli * Gonakanahalli * Tirthahalli *Thaggalihosahalli * Hulluru Amanikere * Jinnagara *Kannurahalli * Chandrapura * Chimandahalli

BENGALURU to CHENNAI

Distance: 262 km; Inside Karnataka: 76 km

Acquisition in state: 2,050 acres

Acquisition near Hoskote: 371 acres

Project completion: 5 years

note: Tbhpians be cautious not to get tricked by brokers into buying lands/plots in villages mentioned above, that may be eventually used to build the highway

Last edited by vinay kamath : 30th May 2015 at 21:29.
Old 30th May 2015, 21:58   #1657
BHPian

MODS: I guess I am putting my queries on the right thread. If not, please guide me.

I have a quick question guys. If I have a commercial land and I want to sale it and i have few queries regarding the same:
- How much tax do i need to pay on the total amount I received?
- Do I have to buy commercial property only in this case?
- If I put some amount as FD in any bank, then in that case do I have to pay any tax right away on that amount? Or do I pay tax at the end of the financial year during my IT return.
- What's the tax rate in UP that I will need to pay on the money I receive by disposing off the property?
Old 31st May 2015, 08:17   #1658
Senior - BHPian

In a boon to property buyers, the Bangalore Metropolitan Region Development Authority (BMRDA) has introduced a system where authenticity of residential sites in its limits can be ascertained online

The BMRDA has scanned and uploaded all documents pertaining to layout approval on www.evinyasa.kar.nic.in.

Property buyers can now access the documents and verify the authenticity of any legally-formed property located in six local planning authorities (LPAs), Anekal, Kanakapura, Magadi, Nelamangala, BIAAPA and Hosakote, and Ramanagara-Channapatna urban development authority (UDA).

the link:-
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...ta-online.html

Last edited by vinay kamath : 31st May 2015 at 08:27.
Old 10th June 2015, 12:05   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Times of India Bangalore June 10, 2015 (page 9)

" NGT bans sale of flats built close to the Yamuna "

"The court noted that many of the buildings do not have environmental clearance and also come under the floodplain zone. The court said that no further construction will be done and no third party interest will be created through sale and purchase of flats in all those residential buildings which have been named in the petition"
Old 10th June 2015, 18:13   #1660
BHPian

BHPians,

I've booked a flat in Electronic city. After paying the customary booking amount, I was handed over a bunch of documents related to the property.

While casually going through the construction agreement, there was a clause which caught my attention.

Quote:
building-1 consists of basement, ground and three upper Floors
Later the Seller/Developer has obtained approval and Plan sanctioned for 4th Floor in building 1 from...
What irks me is that the flat I booked is on the 5th floor if we count the stilt parking area as ground level. Since there are no flats at the ground level, the floor above ground level is labelled as ground floor and the floor above that is 1st and so on.
According to my builder, going by this logic, technically the flat falls in the 4th floor and that they are compliant with the clause. The builder is reputable and in my knowledge has respectable credentials. And so far my experience with their executives has been very satisfactory.

This would be my first property acquisition and would appreciate your views and opinions about going ahead with this deal.

Regards,

Sudarsan
Attached Thumbnails
The Property / Real Estate Thread-illustration.jpg  

Last edited by SoulDrive : 10th June 2015 at 18:22.
Old 10th June 2015, 20:30   #1661
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulDrive View Post
BHPians,

I've booked a flat in Electronic city. After paying the customary booking amount, I was handed over a bunch of documents related to the property.

While casually going through the construction agreement, there was a clause which caught my attention.

What irks me is that the flat I booked is on the 5th floor if we count the stilt parking area as ground level. Since there are no flats at the ground level, the floor above ground level is labelled as ground floor and the floor above that is 1st and so on.
According to my builder, going by this logic, technically the flat falls in the 4th floor and that they are compliant with the clause. The builder is reputable and in my knowledge has respectable credentials. And so far my experience with their executives has been very satisfactory.

This would be my first property acquisition and would appreciate your views and opinions about going ahead with this deal.

Regards,

Sudarsan
I don't think the builders logic of being at level 4 makes sense. That is just a numbering. In reality you are at the fifth level from the ground. Couple of questions:
  • In the documents you have, do you have a copy of the sanctioned plan? If your agreement says that approval was obtained for the additional floor, it should be reflected in the copy of the approved plan that you have.
  • Is there a NOC from Fire department? Fire department clearance is mandatory for all buildings taller than 15 meters. This basically translates into G+ 3 floors. In your case, this means that the building will be needed a Fire NOC (Which in turn means it should comply with the Fire Safety regulations, Eg: Enough setback space from the compound wall to the building to allow a fire engine to go all around the building).

I would suggest getting the documents reviewed by a good lawyer. They can tell you the gaps and the seriousness of the same. Based on your description, to me it looks like there a a few red flags that needs an expert lawyer to validate.
Old 10th June 2015, 23:06   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I don't think the builders logic of being at level 4 makes sense. That is just a numbering. In reality you are at the fifth level from the ground.
  • Quote:
    do you have a copy of the sanctioned plan?
  • Quote:
    Is there a NOC from Fire department?
Neither documents were provided with the set they gave me. However at the time of handing over the documents, the builder was very clear in assuring that they would provide any necessary document within 2 days of request. In fact they even encouraged me to consult a lawyer.

Quote:
I would suggest getting the documents reviewed by a good lawyer.
Just came back after visiting one. She handed me a list of missing documents including the plan, which I have promptly forwarded to the builder.

Apparently the practice of designating first floor as ground floor is common in at least areas in and around Electronic city as I have personally noticed.

Any one who has been through this situation before or any legal experts who can provide any insight?

Much appreciated for all help guys!
Old 11th June 2015, 17:55   #1663
BHPian

South bangalore is good. try to go for ready property or tier 1 builders. even they delay properties by average 12-24 months. Your target tenants will likely be 2-4 bachelors renting together.... if so budget to spend most of the rental receipts on cleaning and repairs when they leave.
Old 5th July 2015, 19:48   #1664
BHPian

Anyone here know what land would cost in Telangana for an acre (away from cities) ? I'm not looking for land for farming. I plan to build a small vacation house - so it doesn't matter if the land is unfit for cultivation. I'm looking for cheap land. I don't have a particular district in mind, but access to a road would be nice.
Old 5th July 2015, 20:32   #1665
Senior - BHPian

2-3 lacs per acre and above. check on olx & quikr regularly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks