Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 17:47   #91
BHPian

Is there service apartments available and what would be the rent for 1BHK ?
Old 6th August 2009, 18:00   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Is there service apartments available and what would be the rent for 1BHK ?
Starts as low as Rs 500 per day depending upon location and facilities provided.

Which area are you looking at?
Old 6th August 2009, 19:11   #93

Need help in relocating to Bangalore

People from Hyderabad/Bangalore,

I live in Hyderabad and have just found a new job in Bangalore and need to relocate by the end of this month. This is my first relocation and need help from you guys in this regards. The situation is:

I have May 2003 registered Santro. It was Hypothecated to HDFC bank through a 1 year loan. Once the loan was cleared, the bank sent the clearing documents, but being the lazy guy I am, I never went to the RTO to transfer the title on to my name and remove the Hypothecation clause. I still have these documents

The questions I have are:

1. Is the document by HDFC still valid (or does it come with an expiry clause?)? If not, will the bank be willing to issue another document?

2. If still valid, how long does the RTO take to remove the Hypothecation clause on my car R/C? And what is the process for the same?

3. I am planning to drive this car down to Bangalore, keep it for a month there (until I buy my car in Bangalore) before bringing it back to Hyderabad. Since I will be having the toll receipts with me, will I need to get any other authorisation from the police for using the AP registered car in Bangalore?

4.If caught by the traffic police in Bangalore, will I be issued a challan or fine within this one month?

Any response will be appreciated.

~ Regards,
Praveen
Old 6th August 2009, 21:40   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Starts as low as Rs 500 per day depending upon location and facilities provided.

Which area are you looking at?
Near Koramangala/ Raman Nagar or some outskirts.
Old 6th August 2009, 23:43   #95
Team-BHP Support

avenger1976, to answer some parts of your query, I think the documents issued by HDFC should be still valid. Is there an expiry date mentioned on the letter? If not it should work fine for you.

I bought a bike in 2003 for which I got a release letter from the financier (Bajaj) after 1.5 years once the loan was completely paid up. Just like you I never bothered to go to the RTO and get the hypothecation removed from the RC. What I never noticed or may be I forgot later was that the release letter mentioned that it was valid for 6 months from the date of issue.

In 2005 I bought a car for which the loan finished after 3 years. I got the release letter from ICICI after the loan was over. However it had no expiry date as such. This time I decided to do something about both the vehicles. Caught hold of an agent and gave both the documents (for the bike and the car) to him to remove the hypothecation from the records. I was half expecting that RTA will return the bike's document as the letter expired years back. To my surprise both the RC books were reissued to me with the hypothecation clause removed.

I do not think the RTA pays any attention to the expiry date. And that is how it should be. You took a loan and RTA noted that in its record. Once you intimate them that the loan is over with valid proof it should be removed. The financier really has no grounds to claim that after 6 months (or whatever period they mention) all of a sudden the status of that loan account will change again. Its just a ploy by some financiers to extract some money from you.

By the way, I enquired through some known contacts from Bajaj Finance here on whether the letters expiry date will be a problem and in such a case what happens. The buggers it seems told that they will calculate the amount once I provide all the details, based on lot of parameters and can be as high as 10% of the loan amount.

P.S.: 1. For me it took a while as the broker I caught hold of actually operates through a different RTA and took his own sweet time to get it done (more than a week). However officially I understand its a 1 day job. If you submit the documents today it should be ready by tomorrow. They may though insist on mailed delivery of the RC to your residence. I managed to get past that as the agent got it back for me directly from the RTA.

2. Although, legally speaking, for a month your AP registered car should hold fine in Karnataka you never really know. It all depends on the police chappie who catches you. But I think its better if a Bangalore guy responds to the ground situation there.

Last edited by Zappo : 6th August 2009 at 23:48.
Old 8th August 2009, 18:44   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger1976 View Post
People from Hyderabad/Bangalore,

3. I am planning to drive this car down to Bangalore, keep it for a month there (until I buy my car in Bangalore) before bringing it back to Hyderabad. Since I will be having the toll receipts with me, will I need to get any other authorisation from the police for using the AP registered car in Bangalore?

4.If caught by the traffic police in Bangalore, will I be issued a challan or fine within this one month?

Any response will be appreciated.

~ Regards,
Praveen
Hi,

Incase you are stopped by the police in bangalore, tell them that you are here due to a cousin or friend's wedding and that you will be going back to Hyderabad after a month. Then show the toll receipts and you will be fine. If you are stopped near the office or with an office id or laptop etc, then tell them that you are here for training temporarily and will be going back to Hyderabad in a month.

Whatever it is, as long as you dont say you are here for good due to a job etc. Then they will ask you for an NOC from the police in hyd. Incase you can carry the NOC (no objection certificate) when you come to bangalore, then you can flaunt it and no need to tell stories about a wedding or training.
Old 2nd April 2010, 23:21   #97
BHPian

Big Problem. Need Advice.

My ALTO is a BSIII/EuroIII Compliant. It's registered in Kolkata. I shall be shifting to Bangalore in a few months.

Will I be able to register a BSIII car in Bangalore or is there any other way to drive the car legally there?

Or will I have to sell it before moving to Bangalore?

HELP.
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:03   #98
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
My ALTO is a BSIII/EuroIII Compliant. It's registered in Kolkata. I shall be shifting to Bangalore in a few months.

Will I be able to register a BSIII car in Bangalore or is there any other way to drive the car legally there?
Nope, Euro-IV cities will no longer allow E-III cars to be registered, whether new or old (of course, excluding the ones that are already registered). KA cops are known to come down hard on out of state cars plying their roads. Me thinks you will have to sell your car off in Calcutta prior to moving.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd April 2010 at 18:05.
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:46   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post

Or will I have to sell it before moving to Bangalore?

HELP.
If you want a Alto, sell yours at Kolkata and buy a 2nd hand one at B'lore or go for some other car. If you want a Alto itself, you will have to shell out some 15-20k more than what you get for your Alto at Kolkata.
Old 6th April 2010, 11:57   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nope, Euro-IV cities will no longer allow E-III cars to be registered, whether new or old (of course, excluding the ones that are already registered). KA cops are known to come down hard on out of state cars plying their roads. Me thinks you will have to sell your car off in Calcutta prior to moving.
@GTO

I have a Getz CRDi (which is BSIII i guess), only 7 months old. Would i not be able to re-register it in Bangalore?

Would i have to sell it here in Delhi, before moving to Bangalore?
Old 6th April 2010, 12:16   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
@GTO

I have a Getz CRDi (which is BSIII i guess), only 7 months old. Would i not be able to re-register it in Bangalore?

Would i have to sell it here in Delhi, before moving to Bangalore?
i think you should be able to pay the life time tax, one time, and drive you car here, without getting it re-registered.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:20   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
i think you should be able to pay the life time tax, one time, and drive you car here, without getting it re-registered.
I have already paid the lifetime tax here in delhi.
but i need a "KA-" number for driving the car in bangalore, else i would get fined by traffic police.

One more doubt.

Is the verna CRDi now upgraded to be BSIV compliant?
if no, are they still selling it in bangalore?
Old 6th April 2010, 12:24   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Hey Bangy guys.
I'm contemplating shifting to Bangalore. Have been born and brought up in Mumbai. Reason for shifting = Better tuners, track days etc . I'm into advertising here. Can easily take a transfer to my Bangy branch. Will be moving with wifey (even her reaseon is the same = better tuners, track days). Just wanted a few infos from you guys.

1) How safe is the city?

2) For around 9k, will I get a decent 1BHK apartment in an upmarket locality?

3) How is the traffic situation? Better or worse than Mumbai?

4) How are the people? Are they helpful?

5) What about traffic cops? Can you bribe them (it's quite important )

6) Quality of life (night life, hangouts etc.)

Guys please lemme know and feel free to add anything else you want me to know.
1) How safe is the city?
no city is safe depends where you head to, you have to be cautious everywhere

2) For around 9k, will I get a decent 1BHK apartment in an upmarket locality?
I don't think there are any 1bhk's in the upmarket locality and a 2bhk will be no less than 25k

3) How is the traffic situation? Better or worse than Mumbai?
much better than mumbai

4) How are the people? Are they helpful?
people are very helpful, like we :-)

5) What about traffic cops? Can you bribe them (it's quite important )
why do u want to bribe them but ?? for what ??

6) Quality of life (night life, hangouts etc.)
get ready to loosen your wallet strings.........
Old 6th April 2010, 13:01   #104
Senior - BHPian

^^ Owaiskm the above question was asked in Aug 2007
Old 6th April 2010, 14:06   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
^^ Owaiskm the above question was asked in Aug 2007
And these kind of replies we keep seeing. At times posters do not check the starting date of the thread.

Members can still check this thread for info. But there's really nothing new to post here and I'm closing this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks