Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2013, 12:39   #106
BHPian

Shifting to Bangalore, need advice

Hello All,

To give you a short background i shall be relocating soon from Mumbai to Bangalore and needed some advice as well as directions to getting a place to stay. My office shall be in Bellandur, and am looking to rent a place close by to Bellandur or Sarjapur. Planning to rent a 2BHK in a good society. Needed to know if what shall be more affordable being in Bellandur or Sarjapur. Shall get my family down after sometime once have everything set out there.
All inputs welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old 15th February 2013, 12:59   #107
BHPian

Re: Shifting to Bangalore, need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky_GT View Post
Hello All,

To give you a short background i shall be relocating soon from Mumbai to Bangalore and needed some advice as well as directions to getting a place to stay. My office shall be in Bellandur, and am looking to rent a place close by to Bellandur or Sarjapur. Planning to rent a 2BHK in a good society. Needed to know if what shall be more affordable being in Bellandur or Sarjapur. Shall get my family down after sometime once have everything set out there.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...thread-78.html
Old 15th February 2013, 13:23   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Buddy,

I stay at bellandur and paying 21,500 for a 3BHK. so you might have to shell out around 14-15k for a 2BHK, deposit is as per your nego skills and their is no lower limit but upper limit is 10Months advance.

Affordibility:
Sarjapur is a Village nearby Bangalore so you can't stay there what you meant is Srjapur Road i guess. Compared to Bellandur, SJ will be less expensive to you and you have good homes coming up there too. Connectivity isnt bad as well.

I would suggest you to get down here, look for a place, get things setup and then get your family. It will be pain to be here and find for a decent accomodation with huge time crunch. You need time,effort and luck to get all your strings right when it comes to rented accomodation.

Let me know if you need any other info.
Old 15th February 2013, 13:23   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Welcome to Bangalore
I stay in Bellandur area. Welcome to one of the crowded place of Bangalore
In my opinion you will get 2 BHK around 15 to 20K range.
Sarjapur area rent is almost the same. Mostly you will find apartment in these areas. If you need more details you can PM me also.
Old 15th February 2013, 13:46   #110
BHPian

Welcome to Bengaluru friend! We hope you have a pleasant stay.

For accomodation, I suggest staying in that Sarjapur road location. If you have your own vehicle, commute shouldn't take you anything more than 15 minutes even during peak hour traffic as well now that the flyovers have opened up. It was a total mess at Bellandur until about 2 months ago, in which case it would have been better just to stay near the office!

A few tips while in Bengaluru-
Rule 1 - Do your best to converse in Kannada with auto drivers, bus conductors, etc. Hindi, although our national language, will not help you much or at all, in most cases.

Rule 2 - Dont waste time and energy arguing with auto drivers on fares or cab drivers on road ethics. You could end up in deep poop. Rather do not waste enery or time or respect with the low-lifes that are spreading like plague in this city. Ignore and look for alternatives.

Rule 3 - Prefer an apartment complex instead of staying in the first/second/third/fourth floor of an independent house where the house owner stays in the ground floor. Experience taught me this.

Rule 4 - Public transport is pretty good here although we do not have a suburban rail. So, whichever route you plan to travel, make sure there are some volvo buses plying n that route for comfortable travel. They are known as VAJRA/VAYU VAJRA buses.

Rule 5 - Memorize and Commit all the RULES above.
Old 10th April 2013, 09:52   #111
Senior - BHPian

Info required on establishments closed during Ugadi in Bengaluru

Hi All,

I am new to BLR, and looking for some information on the establishments which are closed during the Ugadi festival day (Tomorrow - 11th April).

Specifically looking for:

1) Banks - Private and PSUs
2) Gas Agencies - Indane etc.
3) Commercial streets
4) Shopping malls

Any information would be much apperciated.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Wishing a very happy Ugadi to all, specially to fellow Bangalorians :-)

Last edited by DCEite : 10th April 2013 at 09:54.
Old 10th April 2013, 10:04   #112
BHPian

Re: Info required on establishments closed during Ugadi in Bengaluru

PSU banks are closed , gas agencies are closed too . I think commercial street and shopping malls will be open .

Thanks for the wishes . :-)
Old 10th April 2013, 11:07   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
PSU banks are closed , gas agencies are closed too . I think commercial street and shopping malls will be open .

Thanks for the wishes . :-)
Thanks for that info girimajiananth.

Though from what i am hearing other people, even private banks will be closed tomorrow.
Old 10th April 2013, 11:14   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Though from what i am hearing other people, even private banks will be closed tomorrow.
Most banks will be closed tomorrow, with a couple of exceptions.
Old 23rd September 2013, 20:37   #115
BHPian

Re: Need help shifting to Bangalore

Guys,

I'm looking for rent a 1bhk house/flat, furnished/ semi-furnished/ unfurnished, with car parking, in a nice locality near Electronics City or around 10km from Electronics City.

Not keen on houses on the other side of Silk Board owing to the nightmarish traffic around that area.

Please let me know if you know of any or come across any. Thanks.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 23rd September 2013 at 20:38.
Old 25th September 2013, 17:27   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

I can help you find a place in Sarjapur, about 7-8 km away from Bellandur on a traffic free stretch. Please PM me if interested.
Old 14th April 2014, 11:02   #117
BHPian

Hi,
Am pretty much in the same situation as Dicky_GT only a year later.
Will be working in Bellandur and would like to stay around Marathahalli or Sarjapur Road, preferably in a nice apartment complex. Would like a furnished 3BHK, with a car park. How much do you guys think I would need to pay up? Anyone knows anyone who is letting out an apartment in that area?
Also, what are some nice playschools in that area for by 2yr old to go to?

Thanks, kmadhok
Old 15th April 2014, 09:11   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
Hi,
Am pretty much in the same situation as Dicky_GT only a year later.
Will be working in Bellandur and would like to stay around Marathahalli or Sarjapur Road, preferably in a nice apartment complex. Would like a furnished 3BHK, with a car park. How much do you guys think I would need to pay up? Anyone knows anyone who is letting out an apartment in that area?
Also, what are some nice playschools in that area for by 2yr old to go to?

Thanks, kmadhok
Hi! Welcome to Bengaluru. The rent rates in Bellandur/Sarjapur for a nice apartment with amenities will come close to 25K+Maintenance. Advance amount could be around 2L. You can try commonfloor to find a suitable one.
http://www.commonfloor.com/apartments-for-rent

They are many playschools in this area - Shristhi, Little Elly.. are some of the popular ones.
Old 10th November 2014, 19:02   #119
BHPian

(Re)relocating to Bangalore

Hi,

I am looking for a 2/3 BHK within a 10 kilometer radius of (30-40 max minute drive to) Koramangala (Christ College).

Can anyone offer some leads?

I would prefer a gated society to independent house, power back-up, lifts, gym or a nearby park would be an advantage. I am also open to Bannerghatta Road, E-city provided by daily commute time criterion is matched.

Earliest I can move is first week of December and physically check the place from 22 November onward.

I do not want to exceed a monthly budget of 20 k and I am repulsed at the mention of 10 month rent "wonly." A practical / rational security deposit is fine by me.

Please let me know if you can help me out.

~G
Old 10th November 2014, 23:42   #120
Senior - BHPian

Re: (Re)relocating to Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooney View Post
Hi,
I do not want to exceed a monthly budget of 20 k and I am repulsed at the mention of 10 month rent "wonly." A practical / rational security deposit is fine by me.
The preferable areas would be BTM, Koramangala and HSR Layout and you would definitely get a 2bhk (3bhk if you are lucky) flat in these areas. Can't help regarding the 10 month deposit thing. Try finding online listings by owners rather than brokers and use your bargaining skills.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks