Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-64.html)

Mamma Mia has awesome gelato as well :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1751081)
Mamma Mia has awesome gelato as well :D

I was surprised that a whole page went by without a mention of Mama Mia/Gelatismo! What an amazing place! The Gelato and the fooze-ball! Super place! :thumbs up

I* love the black forest sundae in Mamma Mia.

Damn! I need to stay away from Indiranagar/Koramangala!

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 1746738)
... you should also give 'Cafe Masala' a try ...

Been there twice. First time, with my family, the experience was good. The food was great, the service was good, the ambience was good.

However, the second time, with a large group from office, the experience was awful at best. Food was OK, but the service was abominal. This was a weekday, and the joint was half empty - yet we had to remind / ask them to serve water and starter repeats. Most starters were served cold or at best lukewarm.

Must try Kabab Factory sometime. Unfortunately whenever I go there, we invariably land up at Sa-na-di-ge, the coastal restaurant at Goldfinch. Good place to take EU/US guests and treat them to "real Indian food that you will never get anywhere outside India"!!! Better safe than sorry, never had a bad experience in this place, and I have been there more than 10 times!

Quote:

Originally Posted by roamingrao (Post 1750867)
Ice creams and restaurants ?

Ice creams - corner house, polar bear, ice and spice, baskin and robbins..

Ice creams...
Well, Lake view was the best, even compared to Corner house, before Metro took it away(atleast temporarily) and they shifted to St.Marks road.
Visited St.Marks road, and the quality was horrible. I was told, they lack facilities in the temp building.

But, I had snacks and ice creams at Lake view, and it was the best. They serve even outside on the road, and you can eat it in your car.
This week saw a news item saying Lake view building is ready after Metro related construction and will start soon in its original place. There are quite a few Lake view fans waiting to see Lakeview back in its original form, at the same prices as it used to be before as well :)

For people who are not familiar with lakeview, it is established 1910 or sometime around that, and serve great ice creams, sandwich, Pizza etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 1752920)

we invariably land up at Sa-na-di-ge, the coastal restaurant at Goldfinch. Good place to take EU/US guests and treat them to "real Indian food that you will never get anywhere outside India"!!! Better safe than sorry, never had a bad experience in this place, and I have been there more than 10 times!

Rightly said DerAlte, Sanadige & Kudla always maintain their quality consistently. But Kudla is crowded most of the times.
Also do try Sea Spice, Shetty Gardenia Kaverinagar Banshankari 2nd stage.
It's near Mindtree Consulting , Monotype Banshankari.
Some dishes are VFM over here. Taste+ambience is good over here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 1752920)
Been there twice. First time, with my family, the experience was good. The food was great, the service was good, the ambience was good.

However, the second time, with a large group from office, the experience was awful at best. Food was OK, but the service was abominal. This was a weekday, and the joint was half empty - yet we had to remind / ask them to serve water and starter repeats. Most starters were served cold or at best lukewarm.

Must try Kabab Factory sometime. Unfortunately whenever I go there, we invariably land up at Sa-na-di-ge, the coastal restaurant at Goldfinch. Good place to take EU/US guests and treat them to "real Indian food that you will never get anywhere outside India"!!! Better safe than sorry, never had a bad experience in this place, and I have been there more than 10 times!

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience at Cafe Masala, DerAlte! I'm quite surprised actually!

Where is Kabab Factory? I'd like to try that place!

Oh and seafood lovers must try Unicorn/Fish Land in Gandhinagar, close to National Market. It's a fantastic place if you want traditional Mangalore style Fish Curry Rice! It's amazing! The Ambiance isn't that great but the food is scrumptious! :)

I think he meant Kabab Studio!

Quote:

Originally Posted by roamingrao (Post 1750867)
Ice creams and restaurants ?

Ice creams - corner house, polar bear, ice and spice, baskin and robbins..

The Cream & Fudge Factory. I am an ice cream hater, but the converted me. Taste is, wow!!!

Had been to the dinner buffet at the Cubbon *something or the other* in ITC Gardenia today.

1000/- + tax per head, but it was many special occassions rolled into one, so we went for it.

It was mainly Indian, but the antipasti they had was different! I loved it. A little bit of roast duck, grilled chicken, sushi, lamb, etc.... It was really tasty.

The main course was nice. Nothing extra ordinary in my opinion. Some tandoori chicken gravy, one lamb gravy, one fish curry and one Mysore Chilli Chicken. They had some noodles with lamb in sichuan sauce. They had a beef dish as well which was pretty nice. The meat wasnt too tough.

The desserts however was worth the 1000/- on it's own!

Chocolate Cheesecake: One of the best I've had in Bangalore. You could actually taste the cheese in the cheesecake.

Mud Crumble: A chocolate cake which was very good. Even better with some ice cream.

Double chocolate cake: Awesome!

They had many more pastries, tarts, which were all very very good. They even had a few Indian stuff like Kaaju Paan, Besan ka laddoo and a couple of other Indian sweets.

They even had a Croissant Pudding which was very tasty. The dessert counter seemed to extend forever! I keep piling my plate and look forward and see more and more dishes!!

They also had a fruit bar where you could choose fresh fruits or ask the guy behind the counter to make you a fresh juice out of the fruits.

The salad bar was also extensive and my mom freaked out on that.

Service was on par for the course.

I would definitely recommend this place if you want to spend a leisurely evening with friends/family and are ok with the high price.

Nice spread you had there, Nikhil! (its about lunch time here, and thanks to you I have 'growling & rumbling' stomach,waiting for some good food! ). :)
So good to follow this thread, coz I'll be in B'lore for a week in June, and I really hope to have a TBHP meet (or should I say meets, coz the more the merrier!) and try some of these amazing places!

Where is this Royal Gardenia? Shall go sometime after I return from Calcutta.

ITC's new hotel re... near our office. Very close to Mallya Hospital, Aromas of China, etc...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1755675)
ITC's new hotel re... near our office. Very close to Mallya Hospital, Aromas of China, etc...

Recommend this to suhas- he is looking for a nice place to host us for his welcome treat of the all new jazz:), i guess only select few invited though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkh (Post 1759092)
Recommend this to suhas- he is looking for a nice place to host us for his welcome treat of the all new jazz:), i guess only select few invited though!

I still have to get an approval from the Dad, mkh! It seems tentative though! Why don't we just have a normal meet instead? I'll come with the new car! When I start earning, I'll treat you guys when my 911 Carrera arrives home! :D