Old 24th February 2010, 23:16   #946
Distinguished - BHPian

Mamma Mia has awesome gelato as well
Old 24th February 2010, 23:28   #947
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Mamma Mia has awesome gelato as well
I was surprised that a whole page went by without a mention of Mama Mia/Gelatismo! What an amazing place! The Gelato and the fooze-ball! Super place!
Old 24th February 2010, 23:42   #948
Distinguished - BHPian

I* love the black forest sundae in Mamma Mia.

Damn! I need to stay away from Indiranagar/Koramangala!
Old 25th February 2010, 21:44   #949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
... you should also give 'Cafe Masala' a try ...
Been there twice. First time, with my family, the experience was good. The food was great, the service was good, the ambience was good.

However, the second time, with a large group from office, the experience was awful at best. Food was OK, but the service was abominal. This was a weekday, and the joint was half empty - yet we had to remind / ask them to serve water and starter repeats. Most starters were served cold or at best lukewarm.

Must try Kabab Factory sometime. Unfortunately whenever I go there, we invariably land up at Sa-na-di-ge, the coastal restaurant at Goldfinch. Good place to take EU/US guests and treat them to "real Indian food that you will never get anywhere outside India"!!! Better safe than sorry, never had a bad experience in this place, and I have been there more than 10 times!
Old 25th February 2010, 22:40   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrao View Post
Ice creams and restaurants ?

Ice creams - corner house, polar bear, ice and spice, baskin and robbins..
Ice creams...
Well, Lake view was the best, even compared to Corner house, before Metro took it away(atleast temporarily) and they shifted to St.Marks road.
Visited St.Marks road, and the quality was horrible. I was told, they lack facilities in the temp building.

But, I had snacks and ice creams at Lake view, and it was the best. They serve even outside on the road, and you can eat it in your car.
This week saw a news item saying Lake view building is ready after Metro related construction and will start soon in its original place. There are quite a few Lake view fans waiting to see Lakeview back in its original form, at the same prices as it used to be before as well

For people who are not familiar with lakeview, it is established 1910 or sometime around that, and serve great ice creams, sandwich, Pizza etc.

Last edited by sriturl : 25th February 2010 at 22:42.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:21   #951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post

we invariably land up at Sa-na-di-ge, the coastal restaurant at Goldfinch. Good place to take EU/US guests and treat them to "real Indian food that you will never get anywhere outside India"!!! Better safe than sorry, never had a bad experience in this place, and I have been there more than 10 times!
Rightly said DerAlte, Sanadige & Kudla always maintain their quality consistently. But Kudla is crowded most of the times.
Also do try Sea Spice, Shetty Gardenia Kaverinagar Banshankari 2nd stage.
It's near Mindtree Consulting , Monotype Banshankari.
Some dishes are VFM over here. Taste+ambience is good over here.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:27   #952
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Been there twice. First time, with my family, the experience was good. The food was great, the service was good, the ambience was good.

However, the second time, with a large group from office, the experience was awful at best. Food was OK, but the service was abominal. This was a weekday, and the joint was half empty - yet we had to remind / ask them to serve water and starter repeats. Most starters were served cold or at best lukewarm.

Must try Kabab Factory sometime. Unfortunately whenever I go there, we invariably land up at Sa-na-di-ge, the coastal restaurant at Goldfinch. Good place to take EU/US guests and treat them to "real Indian food that you will never get anywhere outside India"!!! Better safe than sorry, never had a bad experience in this place, and I have been there more than 10 times!
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience at Cafe Masala, DerAlte! I'm quite surprised actually!

Where is Kabab Factory? I'd like to try that place!

Oh and seafood lovers must try Unicorn/Fish Land in Gandhinagar, close to National Market. It's a fantastic place if you want traditional Mangalore style Fish Curry Rice! It's amazing! The Ambiance isn't that great but the food is scrumptious!
Old 26th February 2010, 15:17   #953
Distinguished - BHPian

I think he meant Kabab Studio!
Old 26th February 2010, 22:25   #954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrao View Post
Ice creams and restaurants ?

Ice creams - corner house, polar bear, ice and spice, baskin and robbins..
The Cream & Fudge Factory. I am an ice cream hater, but the converted me. Taste is, wow!!!
Old 26th February 2010, 23:09   #955
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been to the dinner buffet at the Cubbon *something or the other* in ITC Gardenia today.

1000/- + tax per head, but it was many special occassions rolled into one, so we went for it.

It was mainly Indian, but the antipasti they had was different! I loved it. A little bit of roast duck, grilled chicken, sushi, lamb, etc.... It was really tasty.

The main course was nice. Nothing extra ordinary in my opinion. Some tandoori chicken gravy, one lamb gravy, one fish curry and one Mysore Chilli Chicken. They had some noodles with lamb in sichuan sauce. They had a beef dish as well which was pretty nice. The meat wasnt too tough.

The desserts however was worth the 1000/- on it's own!

Chocolate Cheesecake: One of the best I've had in Bangalore. You could actually taste the cheese in the cheesecake.

Mud Crumble: A chocolate cake which was very good. Even better with some ice cream.

Double chocolate cake: Awesome!

They had many more pastries, tarts, which were all very very good. They even had a few Indian stuff like Kaaju Paan, Besan ka laddoo and a couple of other Indian sweets.

They even had a Croissant Pudding which was very tasty. The dessert counter seemed to extend forever! I keep piling my plate and look forward and see more and more dishes!!

They also had a fruit bar where you could choose fresh fruits or ask the guy behind the counter to make you a fresh juice out of the fruits.

The salad bar was also extensive and my mom freaked out on that.

Service was on par for the course.

I would definitely recommend this place if you want to spend a leisurely evening with friends/family and are ok with the high price.
Old 26th February 2010, 23:52   #956
Senior - BHPian

Nice spread you had there, Nikhil! (its about lunch time here, and thanks to you I have 'growling & rumbling' stomach,waiting for some good food! ).
So good to follow this thread, coz I'll be in B'lore for a week in June, and I really hope to have a TBHP meet (or should I say meets, coz the more the merrier!) and try some of these amazing places!
Old 27th February 2010, 01:14   #957
Senior - BHPian

Where is this Royal Gardenia? Shall go sometime after I return from Calcutta.
Old 27th February 2010, 13:56   #958
Distinguished - BHPian

ITC's new hotel re... near our office. Very close to Mallya Hospital, Aromas of China, etc...
Old 1st March 2010, 20:39   #959
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
ITC's new hotel re... near our office. Very close to Mallya Hospital, Aromas of China, etc...
Recommend this to suhas- he is looking for a nice place to host us for his welcome treat of the all new jazz, i guess only select few invited though!
Old 1st March 2010, 21:56   #960
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Recommend this to suhas- he is looking for a nice place to host us for his welcome treat of the all new jazz, i guess only select few invited though!
I still have to get an approval from the Dad, mkh! It seems tentative though! Why don't we just have a normal meet instead? I'll come with the new car! When I start earning, I'll treat you guys when my 911 Carrera arrives home!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st March 2010 at 21:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks