Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 23:29   #826
BHPian

bit off-topic, is anyone here aware of a good Tiffin service around the Sarjapur outer ring road area? I'm looking to order Dinner on a daily basis through one of them.

Thanks much for any help on this.
Old 17th November 2009, 09:20   #827
BHPian

Brahmin Coffee House

Hi

I have seen a few comments on this place, people seem to have very high regard for this place. Please,can someone give me directions to this place?

Many thanks
Prasad
Old 17th November 2009, 10:11   #828
BHPian

Had been to Hyderabadi Durbar, right beside KC Das on Church street. I read a review in Bangalore times last Friday regarding very good take away Biryani's and this place more than lived up to my expectations. Excellent Mugulai Biryani for about 100 bucks a pop. The Biryani was very well made with succulent pieces of meat. The service and pampering i got from this guys even for a take away was great. Ordered for 4 chicken and a mutton biryani, with chicken kababs. Kababs were not deep fried and were quite tasty too. I dont know whether this service and taste would persist in the long run but this place is definetly worth a visit.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:48   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadka View Post
Hi

I have seen a few comments on this place, people seem to have very high regard for this place. Please,can someone give me directions to this place?

Many thanks
Prasad
One of the best idlis in Bangalore.
It's located in Shankarapuram, near Basavangudi - Gandhibazaar
Take bull temple road. After Uma theatre towards Ramakrishna ashram, take second left, Brahmins coffee bar is in Ranga rao road.
It's a darshini type of place, no place to sit and eat.

@redrage
sometime back I had been to hyderabad durbar, but I didn't like the biryani much over there, may be that day the preperation was not upto the usual days
Old 17th November 2009, 18:23   #830
Senior - BHPian

Brahmin's Coffee Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
One of the best idlis in Bangalore.
It's located in Shankarapuram, near Basavangudi - Gandhibazaar
Take bull temple road. After Uma theatre towards Ramakrishna ashram, take second left, Brahmins coffee bar is in Ranga rao road.
It's a darshini type of place, no place to sit and eat.
+1, Take the road adjacent to the Maratha hostel on Bull Temple road. It is a very small place and the menu is limited to Idly-vada, chow chow bath & Coffee-Tea. Be prepared to wait in a line during peak times. You may not have to wait for too long as service is fast.

btw, this place got the 'Best Idly-coffee place in Bangalore' award from Times of India sometime back.
Old 21st November 2009, 22:54   #831
Distinguished - BHPian

Today being dad's birthday, had been to Kabab Studio.

The good:

Awesome food. The chicken kababs were so awesome, it was unreal! I have never eaten such succulent and soft chicken kababs. It wasnt bland either! It wasnt spicy, but had the right amount of spices and flavour. Loved it to bits. They had 3 lamb starters, one prawn kabab(which was truly mouth watering) and 3 chicken starters.

The main course spread was large, but ordinary. 2 chicken dishes, one fish dish. A few veg stuff which I didnt even bother knowing which was which. Some desserts(punjabi stuff like phirni, etc..) which I didnt have.

I'm still hungover on that awesome yummy chicken kababs.

The bad: There is a Punjabi food festival going on due to which every half an hour or so, they switch off the music and a bunch of guys come and dance to the rhythm of the dholak and those other Punjabi drums. While I appreciate the idea, I hated the execution as the drums were ear splitting loud. It shouldnt be like that. It shouldnt be so loud that it takes away from the ambience and the enjoyability of the place. I really hated that.

The other thing is, it's expensive. 600/- per head. But for a one-off celebration like a B'day or something, it is good. And oooooohhhhhhhhhhh........ did I mention how soft and succulent the chicken pieces were?

Barbecue Nation?!?! Pah! that's all I have to say. This blows Barbecue Nation to smithereens.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 21st November 2009 at 22:58.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:52   #832
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil, Kabab studio @ goldfinch Hotel right ?
It's an awesome place, with good ambience + delicious dishes.
I had been for Dinner buffet, it was around 650Rs/head.
Old 24th November 2009, 12:04   #833
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes. That's the one. It was 600/- per head incl taxes.
Old 24th November 2009, 14:54   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
[*]Chinese - Beijing Bites. Decent food and decent price[*]Tandoor - Barbeque nation[/list]
I once went to Beijing Bites in Jeevanbheemanagar. I ordered chilly chicken and Schezwan noodles and told them to make it extra spicy. And it turned out both the items were too sweet. I never had such sweetish Chinese food in India. That day i swore never to enter Beijing Bites again.

Do you guys also find Beijing Bites sweetish? Or was it a one off in this Branch ?

I found Chungs in CMH road to be very good. I love Hot & Sour Soup, Cantonese Chowmien, drums of Heavan, Koithai(Malaysian noodles) here. Spicy food loves will love this place for sure.
Old 24th November 2009, 15:30   #835
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I once went to Beijing Bites in Jeevanbheemanagar. I ordered chilly chicken and Schezwan noodles and told them to make it extra spicy. And it turned out both the items were too sweet. I never had such sweetish Chinese food in India. That day i swore never to enter Beijing Bites again.

Do you guys also find Beijing Bites sweetish? Or was it a one off in this Branch ?

I found Chungs in CMH road to be very good. I love Hot & Sour Soup, Cantonese Chowmien, drums of Heavan, Koithai(Malaysian noodles) here. Spicy food loves will love this place for sure.
I have always tried the one on New BEL road and they have never disappointed me. I'm not sure about the one in the area you have mentioned.
Old 24th November 2009, 15:40   #836
J.Ravi

We have been regularly visiting Brindavan Hotel, M G Road, for delicious and sumptuous lunch in the after-noons and tiffin in the evenings. Lunch costs Rs 70/- only and served on banana leaves. Another highlight is, ample car parking is available within the compound.

Old 24th November 2009, 15:48   #837
BHPian

for people in the Whitefield area who like punjabi food, try Adaa sometime. it is in the complex to the immediate left once you come down from Marathahalli Bridge to go towards Kundalahalli Junction. It is above the GKVale showroom. they have nice items like Tandoor Brocolli on their menu which is very tasty.

There is also another restaurant in the same complex which has a mix of Mangalorean and European food. Though there were no customers in the restaurant when we went and it was past 3 p.m (which is why we went there, since Adaa was closed by then), they prepared the food specially for us.
Old 24th November 2009, 16:01   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
for people in the Whitefield area who like punjabi food, try Adaa sometime. it is in the complex to the immediate left once you come down from Marathahalli Bridge to go towards Kundalahalli Junction. It is above the GKVale showroom. they have nice items like Tandoor Brocolli on their menu which is very tasty.

There is also another restaurant in the same complex which has a mix of Mangalorean and European food. Though there were no customers in the restaurant when we went and it was past 3 p.m (which is why we went there, since Adaa was closed by then), they prepared the food specially for us.
Thanks for sharing. How are the prices in this hotel. Appreciate your reply.
Old 24th November 2009, 20:11   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post

Chungwah in Whitefield, above the CCD is pretty decent. Try " Genral Tao's Chicken ( gravy ) " and crispy spinach with chicken. Havent tried any other Chugwah outlets, so cant compare.
Old 24th November 2009, 20:31   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Chungwah in Whitefield, above the CCD is pretty decent. Try " Genral Tao's Chicken ( gravy ) " and crispy spinach with chicken. Havent tried any other Chugwah outlets, so cant compare.
Chung Wah in Arekere gate, BG road is also pretty decent in terms of food and rates. In particular, "General Tao's" chicken is pretty good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks