Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 07:28   #796
BANNED

I had a chance to taste the Thai sea Food in Bangalore couple of times and The Oberoi rocks in that, its called rim naam.
Old 15th October 2009, 09:45   #797
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharma View Post
Try out Neel restaurant on 100 Ft road connecting Sanjay Nagar main road and New BEL Road infront of Ramiah Super Speciality Hospital. Kind of open air restaurant. Good food and ambience. Fast service. Parking not a problem.

I'm a regular visitor there. Didn't know they serve snacks! Always went there either for lunch or dinner. Agreed ambience is good but the food is not that great. Pretty OK!
  • For sea food, I love Coast to Coast off MG road connecting Church street. Lovely fresh fish and prawns.
  • For Maharastrian style food - Vada Pav, Sabudana vada, Sabudana kichdi, Misal...etc, I go to Rajavardhan, 9th block, Jayanagar. It is next to ICICI ATM center.
  • For Biryanis, RR at entrance of Church street
  • For Shaoji Non-veg food, Kolhapuri's at Jayanagar 4th block
  • For North Karnataka Jowar Rotis, Nalpak near Navrang, Yatri and Niwas and Pai in Gandhinagar
  • For Parathas, Paratha Plaza in Ashwat nagar off Bellary road towards Sanjaynagar
  • For Pasta, there is an outlet at Sigma mall. Don't know the name but its quite OK and the cook customizes for you
  • Chinese - Beijing Bites. Decent food and decent price
  • Tandoor - Barbeque nation
Old 15th October 2009, 10:21   #798
Senior - BHPian

Lazeez biryani

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishekkalro View Post
My Suggestions :

7. Biryani - I think Biryani can be classified into different types - the ones I like are Hyderabad House (Victoria Layout), Nandini, Navayuga, Nagarjuna. But as I am not a big fan of spices, I enjoy a biryani which is more subtle and bland in spice but rich in taste, my hunt is still on - I think Ammi's Biryani in Koramangala comes the closest.
Dude,

If youre looking for the best biryani in town, look no further than Lazeez on COmmercial Street or near JNC in Koramangla. However, keep in mind that it has absolutely nothing to do with Andhra style biryani, which I loathe, but has everything to do with the way a Mughlai biryani was meant to be made. Fragrant, non spicy and absolutely delicious. To be had without any accompaniments to get the true taste.

Being from Kolkata, this is the only place in Bangalore where I can identify with the kind of biryani that is famous in Kolkata. Try it and thou shall not be disappointed.

About 90 bucks a pop.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:39   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Miller's 46 do have the best Chicken wings in Bangalore. At least in my experience.

Indianas is good but as Addy says, the quality has gone down. Ice and Spice is a place I've been going to for years. Well, actually my dad used to take me there very often when I was a kid. I hadnt been there for close to 10 years when I visited the place a few months back and believe it or not, the taste of the lamb burgers brought back memories of my childhood!

The taste hasnt changed at all! I cant explain why, but their burgers are different and awesome! It tastes exactly as I remembered it(not consciously but in my subconscious). Ice n spice has a special place for me because we used to go there so frequently. I used to order a 'lamburger'. That's right. I had no idea what was in it or how it was spelt, but I wanted a 'lamburger'.
I concur, Ice and Spice still makes the best lamb burgers in Bangalore, the taste is the same for the last 15 yrs at least. Another fixture that has not changed is Kutty/Swami the waiter, he is an old man with holy ash on his forehead.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:54   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Make a visit to SN refreshments in JP Nagar. They have piping hot spicy sambar (cuts through your throat) for idli's and they are also famous for masala dosa.
, try having idlies with both chutney and sambar on top of it together. The taste is just lovely. I'd visit SN every time I visited my cousin's place in JP Nagar.

Well, I have tried dosas in 'Tamil Nadu' style and I found it very bland and tasteless. I love the dosas in 'Karnataka' style they make here in Bangalore. To each his own I guess. Different people have different tastes.

This is a unique factor in Indian cuisine. The same items have different tastes in different parts of India. What say!!

@Sandeep, the orange paste they put on dosas is garlic chutney, quite spicy

Last edited by addyhemmige : 15th October 2009 at 12:10. Reason: more comments
Old 15th October 2009, 12:45   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
. try Vidhyarthi Bhavan in Gandhi Bazaar. It's gonna be pretty crowded, but worth it. Ganesh darshan in Jayanagar also serves very good Dosas.
Apart from it, I would suggest Kottureshwara Davangere Benne dosa @ Netkallappa circle NR Colony. Try their Benne dosa, too good to resist, One has to just stand and eat in this small darshini.

Quote:
Yep, they all rock. Altough Anupaam's does not taste the same anymore. For a 'no frills' & 'basic' seafood, try Fishland in Majestic area.
Add to it, Coast II Coast @ Kormangala. Try Prawn Ghee roast.
Sanadige Just rocks for the ambience. But Kudla gets crowded most often.

Quote:
Idly, vada, kara bath - Brahmin's coffee house - Mr. Adiga, simply rocks. No question about it. the best in town. I think SLV in Banashankari comes 2nd. Which SLV are you talking about, there are many SLVs in the Basavanagudi, Jayanagar & Banashankari areas. I'd say the SLV near Ramakrishna Ashrama circle comes second best
Addy AFAIK, for all the SLV, the chutney/sambhar is catered to all the outlets from one source. So all the SLV outlets taste the same. Yep their Chutney+sambhar+idly rocks. I usually visit the one @ Padmanabhnagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Miller's 46 do have the best Chicken wings in Bangalore. .
Oh those spicy chicken wings, yummy. Next time try Mushroom caps.
Old 20th October 2009, 21:51   #802
Senior - BHPian

Planning to visit some kind of a highway dhaba/restaurant within about 30-40 km of Bangalore. To be more precise, I'll be starting from Garuda Mall. Not more than 2 hrs drive one way.

Idea is to have to a nice drive ( apart from the city traffic ), and some good food for lunch.

Looking for veg food, north indian style preferably. Place should be hygienic with good food - one of my colleagues is very particular on these aspects .

Suggestions please !!!
Old 20th October 2009, 22:03   #803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Planning to visit some kind of a highway dhaba/restaurant within about 30-40 km of Bangalore. To be more precise, I'll be starting from Garuda Mall. Not more than 2 hrs drive one way.

Idea is to have to a nice drive ( apart from the city traffic ), and some good food for lunch.

Looking for veg food, north indian style preferably. Place should be hygienic with good food - one of my colleagues is very particular on these aspects .

Suggestions please !!!
interesting. now even i'll be interested to know more. actually there is this restaurant called vaishnavi on kanakapura road little after the nice road intersection where north indian food is kinda good but it is no dhaba. actually dhaba and hygienic are a lil contradictory. hope this suggestion works for you.
Old 21st October 2009, 09:19   #804
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Suggestions please !!!
Try Mysore road...you have Kamat Lokaruchi, Kadambam and McDonalds..all within within a 2 hrs drive. Kamat and Kadambam are South Indian though.
Old 21st October 2009, 09:47   #805
Senior - BHPian

Been to Coconut grove, Marathahalli last sunday. Pretty decent Mallu food, Tried Mallu fish curry meals+ tandoori Chicken+Fish fry - Costed Rs.650 for 3, reccomended. Is there any change in the management? I see lot of difference since I visited last time.

Another fav Mallu restaurant for fish curry meals is Paradise near MSR College. It is a small restaurant, costed ~ Rs. 65-70 for fish curry meals+fry.

Is there any good Mexican restaurant in Bangalore?

Last edited by Latheesh : 21st October 2009 at 10:03.
Old 21st October 2009, 11:16   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

Another fav Mallu restaurant for fish curry meals is Paradise near MSR College. It is a small restaurant, costed ~ Rs. 65-70 for fish curry meals+fry.
where exactly is this place. Directions please.
Old 21st October 2009, 11:31   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Been to Coconut grove, Marathahalli last sunday. Pretty decent Mallu food, Tried Mallu fish curry meals+ tandoori Chicken+Fish fry - Costed Rs.650 for 3, reccomended. Is there any change in the management? I see lot of difference since I visited last time.

Is there any good Mexican restaurant in Bangalore?
coconut grove in koramangala or the one in church street are way better than the marathahalli one. i hate their service. pathetic.

mexican food, no other place but for Chilli's on old airport road next to erstwhile kempfort.
Old 21st October 2009, 11:49   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
there is this restaurant called vaishnavi on kanakapura road little after the nice road intersection where north indian food is kinda good but it is no dhaba. actually dhaba and hygienic are a lil contradictory. hope this suggestion works for you.
Yep it's a Good restaurant with moderate ambience. Been there many a times. It's just before Art of living on Kanakpura Road.
Most of the sat/sun afternoon will be slightly rush coz of people visting Art of Living will also visit here for lunch.
Food items / beverages are Moderately priced
Old 21st October 2009, 12:00   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Suggestions please !!!
Well, this place, we accidentally bumped on to when we were returning from Hogenakkal. The dhaba name is Dalapathy Dhaba, Palakkodu. It is some 90 kms from blr, but, food is worth the drive. We were there for dinner. We are planning again to drive down to this place just for the food. Best part is, the drive is equally satisfying." Country roads take me home", true to the last mile.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:40   #810
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been to Nagarjuna Chimney in Jayanagar 3rd block(next to Uphara Darshini and Cosmopolitan Club, opposite to Chungs) on Sunday.

Food was decent. I had chilly chicken, chicken biryani and Chicken sholay kabab. My friends had some veg meals. One of the said that the food was not good. Another was happy with the food.

The worst part was this:

We were in the AC section and suddenly something falls into the banana leaf-plate of my friend. On slightly closer inspection, it was rat poop or poop of some lizard or whatever!

We made a fuss and they agreed to replace the leaf but my friend had had enough and asked them not to bother. They didnt charge us for one of the meals, but that i not the point.

When we brought this to the attention of one of the more senior looking guys, he didnt say a word. I have a feeling that this isnt a rare occurence at this place.

I would definitely AVOID this place.

Most Viewed