Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2010, 01:36   #856
Senior - BHPian

The one thing I used to always have at Konark was the Kashmiri pulao. Back in the early 90's, this was probably one of the few places that served the dish. Even the mutter-paneer used to be amazing. Haven't been back there in over 13 years, so I really don't know how things are now.
Old 27th January 2010, 02:02   #857
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

I recommend you'll try this place called 'Bobby's Dhaba'. It's next to the Gurudwara, off Ulsoor Lake and very close to Trinity Circle! The place might seem shady but everyone has to wait a minimum 20 minutes to get a table everyday!

The food is pure Veg and the cuisine is Punjabi! It's very filling very heavy! A meal for two would be about 200 max!
Old 27th January 2010, 10:56   #858
Distinguished - BHPian

Pure Veg? What's the point of dhaba food if you arent going to gorge on kababs and butter chicken?
Old 27th January 2010, 11:18   #859
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Pure Veg? What's the point of dhaba food if you arent going to gorge on kababs and butter chicken?
Trust me on this Nikhil!

I gorge on meat! I'm a huge meat lover! But I'm all for this place! It's divine! I think the reason why it's all veg is because it's situated right next to the Gurudwara.

Why don't we meet up and try out that place?
Old 27th January 2010, 11:21   #860
Senior - BHPian

Update.
Been to SEA SPICE, Shetty gardenia in Banshankari 2nd stage. Lovely sea food.
Right from Fish, Prawn, Crab.
Tried Prawn Ghassi, Kane Rava fry, Crab Masala, Pomphret Masala fry, Neer dosa etc.
Fantastic taste.
Within a span of a week, been there twice.
Good ambience too.
Price are reasonable ( Prawn ghassi -270Rs, Crab Masala - 220, Pomphret Masala- 300rs (first time it was 270Rs) etc.
Heck Rice + fish curry just costs 70Rs + tax.
This place is in Monotype Kaverinagar, Behind Mindtree consulting.
Old 27th January 2010, 11:28   #861
BHPian

Quote:
This is one of the few places which serves proper beef burgers......
Salvation! At last! Going there tomorrow fer sure.
Old 27th January 2010, 11:43   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Guys,

I recommend you'll try this place called 'Bobby's Dhaba'. It's next to the Gurudwara, off Ulsoor Lake and very close to Trinity Circle! The place might seem shady but everyone has to wait a minimum 20 minutes to get a table everyday!

The food is pure Veg and the cuisine is Punjabi! It's very filling very heavy! A meal for two would be about 200 max!
Dumb qtn - How spicy/oily the food preperation there? Doctor advised me to avoid these two for couple of months.

Had been to Radha Regent in electronics city for a lunch(buffet), food is good but they did not serve hot!!

Costed 300+tax per head (not sure, bill was paid by my colleague)
Old 27th January 2010, 11:45   #863
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not. The Tamarind hotel on the junction of ORR and Ramamurthynagar flyover is fantastic. The taste is amazing and the ambience is also very good. I liked this place but don't know about others.
Old 27th January 2010, 11:50   #864
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Guys,

If you do a search you'll see that this place has been mentioned a lot of times earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Dumb qtn - How spicy/oily the food preperation there? Doctor advised me to avoid these two for couple of months.

Had been to Radha Regent in electronics city for a lunch(buffet), food is good but they did not serve hot!!

Bobby da dhaba food is then not for you. It is soaked in butter and oil and the veggies are heavy on masala and on spicier side. punjabi food types.

Radha regent is not as good as the recently opened lemontree hotel. It's next to 3M in E-city and they have 2 restaurants one indian and the other thai chinese.

Thai chinese restaurant is known as Republic of Noodles. Food is pretty good.

Indian buffet was also very good at the coffee shop.

250 plus taxes for both the buffets.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 27th January 2010 at 11:57.
Old 27th January 2010, 11:51   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Please dont list good restaurants in Shantinagar!! My office is right there and I'll end up spending entire afternoons eating and burping! My dad will kill me!
My office used to be in Shantinagar till December last year. Cafe Y was one of our favorite place for lunch. Try it once, I am sure you'll love it.
Old 27th January 2010, 11:51   #866
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

Food is moderately spicy but very VERY fatty! They add quite a lot of oil while making it and then one huge dollop of butter on top while serving! And it's hot as hell so before you could remove the butter, it just sinks in!

But that's the way, I like it!

Vid6639,

I'm sorry! This is the first time I came across this thread! Still on page 55 going backwards!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th January 2010 at 11:55.
Old 27th January 2010, 12:20   #867
Senior - BHPian

Last week, had been to Pebble at Palace grounds, entry at Ramanamaharshi Road, Next to Princess academy, opp to ADITI.
It's night club. Location is good, feels like you are somewhere inside a small forest
Ambience is almost like GOA type, good crowd.
But nothing much to talk about the "TASTE BUDS".
Slightly expensive on your pocket.
Old 27th January 2010, 13:45   #868
Senior - BHPian

My comments in bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
This is a list of hotels/eatouts for people who are looking for original Bangalore SouthIndian eateries.

1. Kottureshwara Benne Masala Dosa - There is one more Kottureshwara Davanagere benne dose hotel near Nettakallappa circle, even that is good
2. Vidyaarthi Bhavan (Masala Dosa speciality.. probably best in south India) - Everything is good, except for the evening crowd
3. SLV Raagi gudda (J.P.Nagar 2 nd phase) - Haven't tried it. SLV on Vani Vilas road (near Ramakrishna Ashrama) in Basavanagudi also good
4. Food street , V.V.Puram (near Sajjan Rao circle) - Lovely place. Different varieties of snacks. Especially loved the babycorn cart at the end of the road.
5. ShankarNarayana Refreshments (J.P.Nagar 2nd Phase) - +1, I loved it, especially the sambar & chutney mixed together on the idly.
6. Veena stores (Malleshwaram , 14th cross) - Used to visit there almost every week. Only Idly, vada & chutney, no sambar
7. Udupi krishna bhavan (B.V.K Iyengar road) - I've been to the one in malleshwaram
8. Adiga Food palace (7th block Jaynagar) - Haven't tried it
9. CTR (cafe shree), Malleshwaram 5th cross - Good place. A couple of weeks back, a friend saw Prakash Padukone & family gorging out on dosas (yes...even Deepika was there)
10. MTR, Mission road - No comments
11. Janatha Hotel (8th cross Malleshwaram) - It's been a long time since I went there
12. Brahmin's cafe (Shankarpuram) - I make time to go to this place. Lovely soft idlies and vada with chutney (no sambar)
13. RV college of Engineering cafeteria --> tempted to add this to the list - Hmmmmm...should I try it out?
14. Asha Sweets , Sampige road - They have a restaurant in the road parallel to Sampige road, between 8th & 10th cross, Malleshwaram. Haven't been there, though
15. Chats --> Vijayanagar main bus stand (behind the water tank) - Nice variety of chats, mostly crowded place
16. SLV banashankari (near banashankari BDA complex) -- famous for Idli and vada with ONLY chutney (no sambhar) - Haven't tried it

People who are not very much aware of the local eatouts, and wanna try out old style bangalore eatout, do ping me
Nice Compilation Pramod. People looking for ambience can forget going to these places, as you will not find any.
Old 27th January 2010, 13:59   #869
J.Ravi

Uttara Kannada [Jolada Roti] meal at Pai Refreshments [Sangeetha Lodge complex] on Ananda Rao Circle costing Rs 80 was not only VFM, but also delicious.

Now, for tasting authentic MTR dishes one need not go up to Lal Bagh Road. There are available at MTR Moments at Rajajinagar, Bhashyam Circle, near my home.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 27th January 2010 at 14:04.

Old 28th January 2010, 11:11   #870
Senior - BHPian

Went to 'The Cream & Fudge Factory' on Defense Colony, 100 Ft Road, Indiranagar. On the same building as Pizza Corner/Annachis.

I was highly impressed with the quality of ice creams. Far better than the usual run-of-mill stuff of Corner House. One can select the types of scoop, number of scoops, mix-ins and cup/cone. Very high on taste, IMO.

Little expensive than others, single scoop ice-cream costs approx INR120, but it is worth the money.

Good ambiance, there is a small play area for kids as well.

Last edited by sbraj : 28th January 2010 at 11:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks