Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 13:42   #886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a fast food joint where they serve to the car directly, Park-and-eat sorts, Replies will be highly appreciated
Only one I know of is Airlines (Lavelle road) and even this is a shadow of its former self alas!
Old 8th February 2010, 13:45   #887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a fast food joint where they serve to the car directly, Park-and-eat sorts, Replies will be highly appreciated
If you can manage parking on St. Marks Road, then you have quite a few options....

Ice n Spice comes first(when you are coming from the Southern Motors side of St.Marks Road)

Kabab Korner (this is right next to Ice N Spice)

Lakeview (this was the one on M G road. It is now a little further down the road from Kabab Korner).

Richie Rich (this is in the same building as Lakeview).

Ice n Spice has very good burgers which you can eat in your car. They also have stuff like fish n chips, pasta, steaks but eating these in the car will be a little tricky. Reasonably VFM.

Kabab Korner has mainly Indian food along with some Chinese. Their Chicken rolls are very good. They also have a good vegetarian menu. A little pricey though.

Lakeview used to have the ultimate chicken sandwich in Bangalore, but now it has deteriorated badly. They do have a large variety of sandwiches, burgers, pizzas, ice creams, sundaes, milkshakes, omlettes, etc..... Good stuff.

Richie Rich is pure veg. They are famous for their ice creams which have wierd names but are quite tasty. They also have a few veg dishes like sandwiches, etc....
Old 8th February 2010, 21:01   #888
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Rajdhani in Forum value mall at whitefield, great tasting rajasthani thali for 200 bucks, eat all you can, but vegetarian.
Old 8th February 2010, 23:00   #889
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey guys,

Apart from Airlines hotel on Lavelle Road, you can try Samrat/Chalukya on Race Course Road. However, the fare is strictly vegetarian and South Indian.

You can try Ice 'n Spice and Kabab Korner on St. Marks Road as well!
Old 9th February 2010, 01:33   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
If you can manage parking on St. Marks Road, then you have quite a few options....

Ice n Spice comes first(when you are coming from the Southern Motors side of St.Marks Road)

Kabab Korner (this is right next to Ice N Spice)

Lakeview (this was the one on M G road. It is now a little further down the road from Kabab Korner).

Richie Rich (this is in the same building as Lakeview).

Ice n Spice has very good burgers which you can eat in your car. They also have stuff like fish n chips, pasta, steaks but eating these in the car will be a little tricky. Reasonably VFM.

Kabab Korner has mainly Indian food along with some Chinese. Their Chicken rolls are very good. They also have a good vegetarian menu. A little pricey though.

Lakeview used to have the ultimate chicken sandwich in Bangalore, but now it has deteriorated badly. They do have a large variety of sandwiches, burgers, pizzas, ice creams, sundaes, milkshakes, omlettes, etc..... Good stuff.

Richie Rich is pure veg. They are famous for their ice creams which have wierd names but are quite tasty. They also have a few veg dishes like sandwiches, etc....
Wow, that's a huge list for park-and-eat food joints, Thanks buddy, Gotta try Kabab Corner and ice n spice, I'm not a big fan of ice creams and food without meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
Only one I know of is Airlines (Lavelle road) and even this is a shadow of its former self alas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Apart from Airlines hotel on Lavelle Road, you can try Samrat/Chalukya on Race Course Road. However, the fare is strictly vegetarian and South Indian.

You can try Ice 'n Spice and Kabab Korner on St. Marks Road as well!
I never knew Chalukya served to the car.
Thank you guys!

P.S- Any 24hr eat outs in Bangy?
Old 9th February 2010, 01:53   #891
BHPian

Quote:
City Railway station, take left before you reach the main entrance. There is another route from outside to the overbridge inside the station. There is a small hotel which serves food 24 hours (veg & non-veg -cant remember the name though). I rate it 7/10

Last edited by khan_sultan : 9th February 2010 at 15:51. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 9th February 2010, 15:27   #892
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I never knew Chalukya served to the car.
Thank you guys!
You're most welcome!

Quote:
Well, there are a few Coffee Days around. The Maddur Road CCD is a good place to go.

Plus, there is this small place on Brigade Road (after the Mota-Acrade signal) beyond Eva Mall. There is this small left turn that you can take just before the traffic lights opposite Catholic Club. There are a few bars around there and even a few musical instruments shop there. I'm not able to recall the name but it's pretty good and they serve non-veg food!
Old 9th February 2010, 16:25   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....Plus, there is this small place on Brigade Road (after the Mota-Acrade signal) beyond Eva Mall. There is this small left turn that you can take just before the traffic lights opposite Catholic Club. There are a few bars around there and even a few musical instruments shop there. I'm not able to recall the name but it's pretty good and they serve non-veg food!
I think you are talking about Ocea hotel. Even they are not open 24 hrs. You get the same type of food as Empire or Imperial.

For 24/7 food joints in Bangalore, I guess you only have the coffee shops of 5 star hotels open at all times (AFAIK, all 5 star hotels should have 24hr Coffee shop).
Old 9th February 2010, 20:10   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
City Railway station, take left before you reach the main entrance. There is another route from outside to the overbridge inside the station. There is a small hotel which serves food 24 hours (veg & non-veg -cant remember the name though). I rate it 7/10
Quote:
You're most welcome!

Well, there are a few Coffee Days around. The Maddur Road CCD is a good place to go.

Plus, there is this small place on Brigade Road (after the Mota-Acrade signal) beyond Eva Mall. There is this small left turn that you can take just before the traffic lights opposite Catholic Club. There are a few bars around there and even a few musical instruments shop there. I'm not able to recall the name but it's pretty good and they serve non-veg food!
Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I think you are talking about Ocea hotel. Even they are not open 24 hrs. You get the same type of food as Empire or Imperial.

For 24/7 food joints in Bangalore, I guess you only have the coffee shops of 5 star hotels open at all times (AFAIK, all 5 star hotels should have 24hr Coffee shop).
Lol, This thread looks the team-foodie thread! Awesome list guys, I'm taking a print out right away. And maddur CCD is a death trap suhas :(
Thanks again guys, Appreciate your patience to type it down.
And suhas, you seem like a major foodie
Old 9th February 2010, 21:49   #895
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And maddur CCD is a death trap suhas :(
It definitely is! Especially in the recent past! I'm sorry I even suggested that place!

Quote:
And suhas, you seem like a major foodie
Oh, Akshay, you should actually meet me to believe it! I'm a big BIG foodie! Although there is no girth to prove it really! Sometimes, I'm surprised with myself! I don't even know where all that food goes after I eat it!

Speak to Nikhilb2008, sammyboy, jassi and a few others. They'll give you a first and report!

Quote:

Yup, that's the place! And yeah, I guess you're right! I'd been there at 12 am or something! I've never been there in the wee hours of the mornings!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th February 2010 at 21:54.
Old 9th February 2010, 23:43   #896
BHPian

Quote:
It definitely is! Especially in the recent past! I'm sorry I even suggested that place!

Oh, Akshay, you should actually meet me to believe it! I'm a big BIG foodie! Although there is no girth to prove it really! Sometimes, I'm surprised with myself! I don't even know where all that food goes after I eat it!

Speak to Nikhilb2008, sammyboy, jassi and a few others. They'll give you a first and report!
Same here man, My friends and family are never hesitant to try out new menu i'm with them, Coz i can finish all the food
And yes i read about the meet at cafe thulp! OMG you had one and a half "insanely" big Burgers
Just PM me when you're hungry and when your friends don't want to come, We'll have a royal meal!
Old 9th February 2010, 23:54   #897
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Same here man, My friends and family are never hesitant to try out new menu i'm with them, Coz i can finish all the food
And yes i read about the meet at cafe thulp! OMG you had one and a half "insanely" big Burgers
Just PM me when you're hungry and when your friends don't want to come, We'll have a royal meal!
Most definitely my friend!

Oh and if you can come to Indiranagar sometime, do give me a call! I'll introduce you to the best beef kababs known to this blessed World! They're so tender and juicy, you'd probably reschedule your plans just to get your daily fix!
Old 10th February 2010, 00:19   #898
BHPian

Quote:

Yup, that's the place! And yeah, I guess you're right! I'd been there at 12 am or something! I've never been there in the wee hours of the mornings!
Quote:
Most definitely my friend!

Oh and if you can come to Indiranagar sometime, do give me a call! I'll introduce you to the best beef kababs known to this blessed World! They're so tender and juicy, you'd probably reschedule your plans just to get your daily fix!
For sure pal, I've never tasted beef and would love to try out that place, Thanks man
Old 10th February 2010, 00:42   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I can second that for sure I couldnt imagine eating that big a burger in 10 mins flat even in my wildest dreams.

What kebab place u talking about Suhaas? The one opposite the BDA complex INdiranagar? On the OMR? I have been wanting to go to that one for a very long time.
Old 10th February 2010, 00:55   #900
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I can second that for sure I couldnt imagine eating that big a burger in 10 mins flat even in my wildest dreams.

What kebab place u talking about Suhaas? The one opposite the BDA complex INdiranagar? On the OMR? I have been wanting to go to that one for a very long time.
No no that place is MMA Kabab Centre. I'm not talking about that! Although it's a nice place, I'd rather go some place else.

I'm talking about this place called Shahi's that is located inside the RTO/BDA Complex premises. It's a wonderful place for kababs! The beef kababs I'm referring to usually get over by 7:30 in the evening! That's how good they are! I suggest we have another meet there guys! And this time, it will be a walk from my place!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th February 2010 at 00:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks