Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 17:44   #1051
BHPian

Sea food at "Kadai" near Modi Hospital is exceptional. It's a Mangalore style restaurant. Must try "Bhangda Open Fry"!!
Old 1st April 2010, 19:11   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Any idea how good is Fish Land for sea food? Located in Majestic. It used to be pretty popular few years back.
It was good, but it's been quite long since I had been here.
Need to check it out sometime soon ;-)
Old 1st April 2010, 19:56   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Talking of Mangalore style food, have anybody eaten in Kodail? its a vegetarian hotel in Malleshwaram. Mangaloreans like me will love this place!
Old 2nd April 2010, 02:53   #1054
BHPian

BBB @ SN Refreshments!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Where can I get the best bisibelabath in bangalore?

I had some at dasaprakash (i think) in mysore but was kinda disappointed!
I shall vouch for shankaranarayana refreshments in JP Nagar. Bisi bele baath here is true to it's name. Hot and Spicy. This might be coz they use a different variety of red chilli. If i recollect right, they have this on thursday afternoons.
Old 2nd April 2010, 03:06   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Sigh, there goes my wish of digging into a tasty karimeen pollichathu :(

The thought of sharing a 'bench' with shady characters in a kallu-shaap in a run-down part of town doesn't sound very appetizing. That's if my wife hasn't already given me the LOOK ... brrr.
I had it once at Kairali, near Forum Mall. It was not that bad. Well, i haven't had the authentic one in a 'kallu shaap' for comparison though.
Old 4th April 2010, 11:29   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Talking of Mangalore style food, have anybody eaten in Kodail? its a vegetarian hotel in Malleshwaram.
It is Sona's Kodial, I think. They are famous caterers among Konkanis in Bangalore. Just check their website for menu section. Very interesting.

homepage
Old 5th April 2010, 15:18   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I shall vouch for shankaranarayana refreshments in JP Nagar. Bisi bele baath here is true to it's name. Hot and Spicy. This might be coz they use a different variety of red chilli. If i recollect right, they have this on thursday afternoons.
"Canara Coffee" @ Bhashyam Circle Rajajinagar serves great bisi bele bhaat. Recently it featured in a TV show hosted by Sihi Kahi Chandru.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:23   #1058
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Sahakarnagar folks -

Try Punjabi Tadka for some tasty North Indian food. Its opposite Shanti Sagar. I've been there about 3 times and tried out various Chicken dishes - Butter chicken, Punjabi chicken, Chicken Masala...tandoori snacks. All were tasty and well cooked. Wifey says Veg is also real good.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:50   #1059
BHPian

Went to "Fusion" bar @ HSR layout on Friday. . .felt it was a bad choice! service was very bad and we had to wait for 15 mins at the counter to get the bill!! French fries were bland but the beer was chilled and nice! May be because there were finger countable number of people at the bar??

Then from there went to Tunday Kebab @ Koramangala, it was another sorry affair! Kheer was tasteless, Mutton Khorma was spiceless, Mutton Biryani was awful. . service?? well, as many of you mentioned, it was far below the expectations! some relief came in the form of Luknow paratha and Mutton Boti Kebab though. . .but it was too late. .will not take me back there. . .
Old 6th April 2010, 11:40   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Then from there went to Tunday Kebab @ Koramangala, it was another sorry affair! Kheer was tasteless, Mutton Khorma was spiceless, Mutton Biryani was awful. . service?? well, as many of you mentioned, it was far below the expectations! some relief came in the form of Luknow paratha and Mutton Boti Kebab though. . .but it was too late. .will not take me back there. . .
I had penned down the same opinion sometime back on this thread about this pathetic place. Tunday kebab is a defenite downer. The food was pathetic and the tunday kababs were not good at all and the price is also ridiculous considering the quality of food. They do have some fancy photographs of the owner with some famous celebrities , but thats about it, nothing really great about this place.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:48   #1061
BHPian

If you really have to have that kind of food, then you'd have to literally go one step below.
You'll find Lazeez, shabby, dirty looking place, but the Mughlai Mutton Biriyani is to die for.
Recently, they have hiked their prices quite a bit from what it used to be (read 25% over the previous menu), but still it remains one of the better places in bangalore for a sumptuous meal!
Old 6th April 2010, 16:19   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
If you really have to have that kind of food, then you'd have to literally go one step below.
You'll find Lazeez, shabby, dirty looking place, but the Mughlai Mutton Biriyani is to die for.
Recently, they have hiked their prices quite a bit from what it used to be (read 25% over the previous menu), but still it remains one of the better places in bangalore for a sumptuous meal!
Will visit for sure! thanks!
Old 6th April 2010, 17:34   #1063
Awaiting Email Confirmation

any feedback on sea spice

gUYs any of you visited sea spice in banashankari area
voted by TOI food guide as best coastal cusine places

any feedback will be of great help
Old 6th April 2010, 17:52   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARLET View Post
gUYs any of you visited sea spice in banashankari area
voted by TOI food guide as best coastal cusine places

any feedback will be of great help
Yes, and it is a biased opinion.
The dry fish items are good, but do not go for the gravies.
The biriyani is nice, the dosas are pretty run off the mill.
Instead try something else.
I've stayed in banashankari for 3 yrs and that is not one place that will call you back for a second time.
All I can say is, it is overrated.
Old 9th April 2010, 15:18   #1065
BHPian

Kesar Pista Kulfi @ Sukh Sagar Gandhinagar is yummy!! They also serve very good Chat Items, Pav Bhaaji and Sandwiches.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks