Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 15:52   #1201
BHPian

few days back my wife and I had gone to their north-indian one on the top floor in the same building called "dancing kadai." that was pretty good too. we'd gone for dinner, so there was no fixed-meal or buffet then. we ordered a-al-carte.

in general, the north-indian one is not as crowded as the 1st and 2nd floor south-indian one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Today, we had lunch at Maiya's, Jayanagar, costing Rs 135 per head. This south Indian meal comprised 26 items including welcome drink, soup, poori, sagu, side-dishes, holige, bisi bele bath, chips, papad, sandige, fruit-mixture, pan-beeda, etc. This spread was similar to the meal served at MTR. While MTR meal was definitely tastier than Maiya's, the latter scored better than the former in diner-friendly service and ambience. One common aspect in both the restaurants: NO TIPS. In fact, there are CC TV messages one of which included 'No Tips Please'. This restaurant is crowded especially during the week-ends. We had reserved for today's 1 pm slot yesterday itself.
Old 10th May 2010, 19:10   #1202
BHPian

Visited the "Hyderabadi Biriyani" located on Victoria road. Had ordered Chicken Biriyani, Veg. Biriyani and fried prawns. Rice used to make Biriyani was very good with long grains and smelled good too, but, I did not like the taste personally. Better to forget the Prawn fry I must say. The cool drink served was not even close to being called "cold". . .service and ambiance were also average. IMO, it's an avoidable place. . .
Old 21st May 2010, 23:21   #1203
BANNED

Hyderabadi Biryani at Victoria road has lost its charm, used to be too good way back in 2002 when they started.

Had Burritos at Taco Bell, I can term them Horritos, not worth the money.

A simple Lijjat pappad tastes better than the Nacho's

Only good thing is the Free-fill of beverages.
Old 22nd May 2010, 09:44   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Had Burritos at Taco Bell, I can term them Horritos, not worth the money.

A simple Lijjat pappad tastes better than the Nacho's

Only good thing is the Free-fill of beverages.
I too had same experience with Taco Bell. After eating at Taco Bell, went to KFC ate properly, came back to Taco Bell to continue drinking the Free-fill beverages.
Old 22nd May 2010, 22:42   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
I too had same experience with Taco Bell. After eating at Taco Bell, went to KFC ate properly, came back to Taco Bell to continue drinking the Free-fill beverages.
Ya, i had horrible experience at Taco Bell, me and my wife had loose motion after eating from there.

I had been to Chilis, Mexican restaurant, in Old Airport Road next to Total Mall. Food is pretty good, and their Margarita Drinks are really very good.
Old 22nd May 2010, 23:10   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Reasonably expensive, comparatively. Starters + main course (NV) - ~400 per head. The Isys restaurant in the same place (President Hotel) is far better, even though they share the same kitchen.

3 other veg places in the vicinity in Jayanagar:
1. Krishi - a relatively new veg only restaurant - 1st floor of Shopping Complex
2. Anna Bramha - down the HSBC ATM lane in 3rd Block. Nice unusual set meal (Shreshti cuisine) that changes everyday, but dull drab interiors
3. Maiya's - somewhere in Jayanagar 4th block, nothing distinctive other than a decent meal on a (possibly) silver plate. Wouldn't trust their 'authentic North Indian cuisine'
Anna Brahma- Not worth, not VFM, very very ordinary grub, nothing to write home about.
Maiya's- In my opinion the safest bet in j'nagar any day for veg. grub.
firstly it is a food complex, serving south Indian snacks(like MTR), apart from south Indian meals (lunch and dinner), a north Indian restaurant, a separate gujrati thali section.
I have tried all of them and find the south Indian section the best, true it is a notch below authentic MTR, but not far behind.
The north Indian food (ala carte) was good but a bit on the expensive side and the portions of vegetables given very small.Service is pretty fast, and taste quite authentic.

Gujrati thali tasted authentic, but one has to have a palate for it (most
gujrati dishes tend to be sweetish).
All in all this is a safe bet destination especially in a week end as with different choices one is likely to find a table even if you have not reserved provided you are game for a longish stroll in j'nagar while you await your turn and work up an appetite.!
Old 27th May 2010, 22:34   #1207
BANNED

Had been to Pavilion (Mathikere Main Road)

Good Ambience

Good Service

Good Rates

Good Food

Will give it a 7/10
Old 31st May 2010, 17:35   #1208
BANNED

Went really hungry to Sweet Chariot Cafe- Sahakarnagar.

Ordered a simple club sandwich and a mango thick shake. Rs 162/- paid Rs. 200/- got back 30/- , (SELF TIPPED)

Most horrible sandwich had ever in my life, not even worth half the price. The thick mango shake was so damn thin, never ever felt the flavour, the potato chips were so damn soggy.

Highly recommended = STAY AWAY
Old 8th June 2010, 14:34   #1209
BHPian

Any good place around Marathalli for lunch? I am obliged to treat a bunch of colleagues; want to keep it around 2.5k for 7 people. Anything apart from the malgudi/dhaba/shogun compound?
Old 8th June 2010, 15:14   #1210
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
Any good place around Marathalli for lunch?
There are lots. Try Roomali on the Roof.

So you moved to EMC (Sqaure)?
Old 8th June 2010, 15:31   #1211
BHPian

Visited 'Kadal' on the Dr. Rajkumar road (near Navrang circle, towards 1st block rajajinagar, on the right hand side, next to ICICI ATM). It's a humble little Magalore style restaurant. Had Neer Dose and Crab Masala. The food was amazing and very good VFM! Total damage for that hearty meal cost me just 200 bucks!
Old 8th June 2010, 16:04   #1212
Senior - BHPian

@Ho0ligaN You can try Ivy on ORR, opposite JP Morgan.
Old 8th June 2010, 17:00   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Any good place around Marathalli for lunch? I am obliged to treat a bunch of colleagues; want to keep it around 2.5k for 7 people. Anything apart from the malgudi/dhaba/shogun compound?
You can try Sarovar on Whitefield Road, Near Hope Farm Junction. Buffet Lunch 400 / - excluding taxes [ 13.5% ] . Food is good.
Old 8th June 2010, 19:51   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Checkout Buffet Restaurants In Bangalore, Bangalore Best Buffet Restaurants, Lunch Buffet Bangalore, Dinner Buffets Bangalore, Page 1
Old 8th June 2010, 21:42   #1215
BHPian

Tried Rajdhani restraunt in Mantri Mall which has got good ambiance, All you get there is the rajasthani thali, Food is good which tastes like high quality home made food and Service is fantastic, Waiters signal each other if they need anything but they never talk.
Thali includes 4 curries, unlimited rotis of different sorts, 1 sweet, 3 sweetish curry like stuff, Rice and dal khadi(like shambar) and kichidi.

Costs 250 for 1 thali. 7.5/10

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks