Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2013, 15:26   #2701
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
After getting used to Hyderabadi Biryani. How can you even think it will even satisfy your palate?
You have hit the nail on the head. But the search is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
SILVERWOOD,

Try Meghana Biryani House in kormangala near jyothi nivas college and i believe you can have the best hyderabad biryani from my experience.
Thanks for the lead, i will certainly have this and will come back to you with the feedback. There is one Meghana Biryani House at Residency road too, is it a branch of Meghana.?

BTW:I had been to Mani's biryani on jyothi nivas college road and found it to be good.

Waseem.
Old 19th April 2013, 16:02   #2702
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Try Meghana Biryani House in kormangala near jyothi nivas college and i believe you can have the best hyderabad biryani from my experience.
Correct. While Meghana is not exactly Hyderabadi biriyani, it tastes good and is boneless (not to my liking though) making it easier for kids and others to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
BTW:I had been to Mani's biryani on jyothi nivas college road and found it to be good..
The best biryani that I ve had in Bangalore is at Samarkand on the Infantry Road. Try the mutton biryani there (it is dum) and you will forget a lot of places, if not all of them.
It is expensive though, at INR 400.00 approximately per plate which is enough for two people.
Old 19th April 2013, 17:02   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
You have hit the nail on the head. But the search is on.

Thanks for the lead, i will certainly have this and will come back to you with the feedback. There is one Meghana Biryani House at Residency road too, is it a branch of Meghana.?

BTW:I had been to Mani's biryani on jyothi nivas college road and found it to be good.

Waseem.
I don't think so they have branches, may be i am not aware if they have started on.

just try the hyderabad mutton dum biryani at meghana and you go GAGA for the taste though this feedback is from my side. i don't dine in there always carry parcels to home.

these Biryani point is near the tibel mall(on left the mall is and on right the biryani point is) next to jyothi nivas college
Old 19th April 2013, 17:36   #2704
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT but biryani should be 'boti' (boneless) only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Correct. While Meghana is not exactly Hyderabadi biriyani, it tastes good and is boneless (not to my liking though) making it easier for kids and others to eat.
Old 19th April 2013, 17:46   #2705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Slightly OT but biryani should be 'boti' (boneless) only.
It is a blasphemy to make boneless biryani.Biryani should never ever be made boneless.

Waseem.
Old 19th April 2013, 17:56   #2706
BHPian

Quote:
It is a blasphemy to make boneless biryani.Biryani should never ever be made boneless.

Waseem.
Totally agree waseem.

I went with a friend for dinner. Ordered tangdi kabab in starters. Once we finished the first plate, he wanted a repeat of the same, but boneless this time.
Old 19th April 2013, 21:05   #2707
Senior - BHPian

Do not want to start a useless discussion here but my reference was to Biryani in its original form & not to the heavily altered version of today. To each his own.

Quote:

Waseem.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2013 at 14:40.
Old 19th April 2013, 22:01   #2708
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Ordered 2 mutton and 1 chicken Biryani from Hyderabadi Biriyani House @ Victoria Layout.

It was loaded with Masala and there was barely any rice in it.Very average fare i must say.Mutton Biryani is priced at Rs 170 and Chicken Biryani is priced at 160.

Waseem.
What can I say? Different people, different taste.

I respect your opinion though, you are much more of a foodie than I am. So which shop in your opinion serves the best biriyani in town?
Old 19th April 2013, 22:35   #2709
Senior - BHPian

So far the best biriyani I've had is at 4 seasons. Most places in bangalore serve spicy rubbish in the name of biriyani. The authentic stuff is flavorful but doesn't burn your gut.

Another really good place is masala dani at the Paul. Excellent mutton biriyani.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 19th April 2013 at 22:37.
Old 20th April 2013, 00:20   #2710
Team-BHP Support

I remember devouring an entire plate of mutton biryani at Cafe Masala on Brigade Road (Eva Mall) and it was fantabulous. Biryani at other restaurants and eateries was just 'ok'. The biryani at Meghana's is good, but who are we kidding? It isn't exactly biryani.

As reignofchaos has rightly pointed out, spicy biryani is NOT biryani.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th April 2013 at 00:21.
Old 20th April 2013, 03:09   #2711
Distinguished - BHPian

If you fancy the non spicy variety you should try the "mutton mandi" at Ta'aam,Cunningham road. I have never had such soft mutton. One plate is sufficient for two.
Old 20th April 2013, 12:56   #2712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
To each his own.
+1 on this.

That was just my opinion and was not intended to offend anyone.

Waseem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So which shop in your opinion serves the best biriyani in town?
We need to find this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
So far the best biriyani I've had is at 4 seasons.
Another really good place is masala dani at the Paul. Excellent mutton biriyani.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I remember devouring an entire plate of mutton biryani at Cafe Masala on Brigade Road (Eva Mall) and it was fantabulous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
If you fancy the non spicy variety you should try the "mutton mandi" at Ta'aam,Cunningham road. I have never had such soft mutton. One plate is sufficient for two.
So many recommendations have come out, why don't we list them all here and try to cover as many of them. i would love to visit these places weekly/fortnightly and welcome like-minded Bhpians to join me in this Nobel endeavor.
Old 20th April 2013, 13:15   #2713
Distinguished - BHPian

I found Samarkand really good. And also hyd mahal at Church street. But my favourite remains Richie's at Frazer town. Used to buy parcel from there since it's used to be near to my house. The outlet at Kamanahalli isnt all that good when compared to Frazer town. Also, have noticed that the taste isnt good when I tasted couple of months back. But it's still my favourite. A small restaurant and I guess not very famous and known to all except for the people staying near it.

@Anil - Guess you would have a grabbed a bite there.
Old 20th April 2013, 13:44   #2714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
But my favourite remains Richie's at Frazer town. . A small restaurant and I guess not very famous and known to all except for the people staying near it.
Richie's is now know as Rahams and they have opened a new branch at Cunningam road also.You are right in saying that the quality of Biryani has degraded in the 2 odd years and they have also reduced the quantity.The Biryani has also become more oily as compared to the recent past.

Waseem.
Old 20th April 2013, 13:51   #2715
Team-BHP Support

That's a great idea Waseem.

Unfortunately, I'm swamped this entire month and the next as well. Fag end of my law course and exams / practicals in full flow at the moment. I'll drop you a PM the moment I know that I can satisfy my insatiable Biryani craving.

Meanwhile, we could make a list of the best Biryani joints in the city

Most Viewed