Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2013, 17:35   #2611
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
True, that is the hallmark of the places where the service staff is from Dakshina Kannada or Uttara Kannada districts of Karnataka. MTR is not the only one; the ubiquitous 'XYZ Sagar's also have that. That's how those people are (not talking about 'lungi' and barefoot). Ditto for people from the North-eastern parts of India.
Agreed. It is so peaceful to see someone paying due attention to you as a customer. I found that quality lacking in many places. The lungi and barefoot was mentioned, as that makes me feel as if am back somewhere in the past.

Since you have mentioned the people from North Eastern parts, I really salute them for their professionalism and utter no-nonsense way of work. Be it the catering/ food industry or the hair stylists or the sales persons in the showrooms, these guys are extremely professional and helpful
Old 18th March 2013, 17:55   #2612
shimshumara

We were at Forum Value Mall MTR outlet few weeks back, it is good, has a open air / balcony restaurant serving delicious south indian breakfast / snacks.

Kamat Lokaruchi is another outlet on Mysore Road just after Ramanagar town, its is again known for its authentic Karnataka cuisine both coastal and northern part along with typical southern delecacies - Kadubu Idli, Bele Obbattu, Ragi mudde, Jawar Roti, and loads of sweets to go with them.

Coast 2 Coast in Koramangala is a good joint though a small one. They serve authentic Karavali delicacies, both Veg & Non-veg.

Kanua Restaurant off Sarjapur Road is another authentic Konkini cuisine joint. I am yet to go here, but heard great stories about what they cook / serve.

Orion Mall near Malleshwaram / Yeshwantpur has good number of restaurants some with naam cheen brands. Blu-O is something I am looking forward to visit next weekend.

Old 18th March 2013, 19:48   #2613
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited the original MTR on Lalbagh Road for lunch on Sunday, Rs.170 now, have seen the price rising over the years but the quality of the food is still good. Some more things have changed over the years - they did away with silver plates, and only had the silver glass/cup for grape juice and this time I found that's gone as well, replaced by stainless steel
Menu also has been revised (presume it is due to inflation, cost cutting and they want to keep the price moderate & affordable) - out goes pooris, badam halwa and even potato chips for the bisibele bath!
Old 21st March 2013, 17:12   #2614
BHPian

Recommendations for affordable italian food places in Bangalore East side?
Old 21st March 2013, 17:46   #2615
BHPian

Folks - Can you please list out some of the very best " Strictly Vegetarian Only" hotels in Banglore and outskirts?. While am aware of most of the kamat's/adigas/MTR's/ SLVs/Rajdhanis/some breakfast places/24x7 in JP Nagar etc., I wanted to know if i have missed any great place that is pure veg.

Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 18:23   #2616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Folks - Can you please list out some of the very best " Strictly Vegetarian Only" hotels in Banglore and outskirts?. While am aware of most of the kamat's/adigas/MTR's/ SLVs/Rajdhanis/some breakfast places/24x7 in JP Nagar etc., I wanted to know if i have missed any great place that is pure veg.

Thanks
Vidyarthi Bhawan in Basavangudi, CTR// Shree Sagar in Malleshwaram, Luo Han (authentic Chinese, but pure veg!) in HSR layout are few to name.
Old 21st March 2013, 19:44   #2617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Vidyarthi Bhawan in Basavangudi, CTR// Shree Sagar in Malleshwaram, Luo Han (authentic Chinese, but pure veg!) in HSR layout are few to name.
I think out of this I only haven't been to luo han, need to check it out.
Old 21st March 2013, 20:06   #2618
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
If you have not been to 'Shankaranarayana Refreshments' in JP Nagar, you have missed something for sure! The Idly Sambar/Idly Chutney is so unique here, you wouldn't find something similar elsewhere in B'lore.
Old 21st March 2013, 20:09   #2619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
If you have not been to 'Shankaranarayana Refreshments' in JP Nagar, you have missed something for sure! The Idly Sambar/Idly Chutney is so unique here, you wouldn't find something similar elsewhere in B'lore.
Please list the directions to reach the place Do they have a wider menu ?
Old 21st March 2013, 20:13   #2620
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
South Indies in Indiranagar. Although, a-la-carte is expensive, lunch buffet is VFM.

Mint masala on Infantry road - have heard good reviews, haven't been there personally though.

Subz in Cosmopolitan Club, Jayanagar - Never been, but listen to their ad on radio these days.

Sanjeevanam in Koramangala - Interesting pure veg Kerala cuisine. Haven't been personally, only heard of good reviews.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more options
Old 21st March 2013, 20:28   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Please list the directions to reach the place Do they have a wider menu ?
Just ask for 'Shankaranarayana Refreshments' anywhere in JP Nagar and people will guide you. You cannot miss the place coz of the crowd. If you want you can add landmarks like cinestar ambarish's house, which is very close to this place. This eatery is on 12th Cross/22nd Main Intersection of II Phase, JP Nagar.

The menu is traditional k'taka stuff. The taste is unique and different than your run-off-the-mill darshinis. Check it out once.
Old 21st March 2013, 21:07   #2622
BHPian

Quote:
Folks - Can you please list out some of the very best " Strictly Vegetarian Only" hotels in Banglore and outskirts?.
Gramin, Raheja Arcade, Koromangala used to be good. However, since last few times I ahve been going to Om, which is right next to Gramin, for the lunch thali. Their chapatis are so soft , thin and fresh, I generaly set them back by atleast 8-10 each time I go there

Regards,
Old 21st March 2013, 21:22   #2623
BHPian

Brahmins Coffee Bar - between Bull Temple Road and Shankar Mutt Road
Old 21st March 2013, 21:44   #2624
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Some more Pure Veg restaurants:
Ballal Residency has a good restaurant called Palmgrove - off Residency Road in a small lane (opp. Opera theatre and adjacent to Taj Gateway on one side and the HP petrol pump on the other). Go down Brigade Road from MG Road side and when you reach Residency Road, turn left and then turn immediate right into the lane and end of the lane is the hotel.
Other options:
-Maiya's, in Jayanagar
-Gokul Kuteera on CMH Road
-Cream Centre on 100 feet Road, Indiranagar
-Konark on Residency Road
-Shiv Sagar (off Commercial Street)

Last edited by NPV : 21st March 2013 at 21:52.
Old 21st March 2013, 22:02   #2625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Some more Pure Veg restaurants:
Ballal Residency has a good restaurant called Palmgrove - off Residency Road in a small lane (opp. Opera theatre and adjacent to Taj Gateway on one side and the HP petrol pump on the other). Go down Brigade Road from MG Road side and when you reach Residency Road, turn left and then turn immediate right into the lane and end of the lane is the hotel.
Other options:
-Maiya's, in Jayanagar
-Gokul Kuteera on CMH Road
-Cream Centre on 100 feet Road, Indiranagar
-Konark on Residency Road
-Shiv Sagar (off Commercial Street)
Hey thanks, I have been to all of these except I think cream center. Thanks for listing these out though. One more to my list added.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks