Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2015, 19:07   #3361
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Gun Powder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Does any of the andhra restaurants in b'lore provide 'gun powder' a.k.a 'parappu pudi' for take out? I mean, like we need a KG of 'gun powder' as take out.
In case the Andhra restaurants don't sell them, try the one made by Sakthi Masala, it is easily available off the shelf at most shops/supermarkets.
Old 10th May 2015, 20:16   #3362
BHPian

Quote:
Does any of the andhra restaurants in b'lore provide 'gun powder' a.k.a 'parappu pudi' for take out? I mean, like we need a KG of 'gun powder' as take out.
Try G.Pullareddy Sweets. They have lots of branches in Bangalore.

They sell Andhra pickles and spice powders. If they dont have any available at that time, you can place an order and they will get it for you.
Old 11th May 2015, 10:37   #3363
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Went to a dhabha(restaurant)Inchara, on new airport road after jakkur aerodrome, The food is exceptional,clean,quantities are very good. The rates are 3* hotel rates. Lot of family crowd in the evenings on weekends. They have huts , open air and covered sitting. There is no bar. I would rate it 5/5 for all parameters

Mod Note : Team-BHP maintains a strong stand against drinking and driving, and any mention of alcohol. Hence, posts containing ANY alcohol content (in text or pictures, directly or indirectly) will NOT be permitted.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th May 2015 at 13:10. Reason: Please read the note posted above!
Old 11th May 2015, 16:18   #3364
BHPian

Quote:
Try Nandhini in Koramangala near BDA complex. They sell this "Gun Powder".

Regards
Sandy.
Old 11th May 2015, 16:34   #3365
JD1
BHPian

Visited Ibaco Ice cream bar in Koramangala on Saturday evening. It's USP is that after you choose your scoops, you can choose your syrup and toppings. Kids should have fun
My daughter enjoyed it (since she used to love such kind of froyo stores in US). Between us we tried Lychee, coconut, strawberry, peach & strawberry and cookies&cream scoops. Ice cream quality was ok - nothing much to remember but not bad either. They charge by weight (Rs 700/- per kg) so you can load as much toppings as you desire.
For the 3 of us - 3 small cups with 2 scoops in each cup with syrup (caramel, hot fudge) and toppings cost us Rs 334/- (including taxes).
Old 11th May 2015, 19:12   #3366
BHPian

A big group of our family members went to Sattvam in Sadashivnagar last weekend , was impressed by the food and the service. Bill was on the higher side but the important thing was that the food was tasty and saatvic
Old 11th May 2015, 19:28   #3367
BHPian

Rahhams-RT Nagar

Had been to Rahhams some time ago for their famous Biryani, Went there at 8:30 the Mutton Biryani was already over, only chicken was available so ordered that.

Taste- It was disappointment for me, the biryani was bland, I am not sure if this is a different style of Biryani. The side dish/Sherva was made of tomato and it was a tomato curry. The chicken was also very bland and rubbery.

Quantity - For 210 rupees , the rice and chicken quantity it seemed a little over priced.
Old 11th May 2015, 20:29   #3368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
A big group of our family members went to Sattvam in Sadashivnagar last weekend , was impressed by the food and the service. Bill was on the higher side but the important thing was that the food was tasty and saatvic
This is on the road which connects Cauvery junction to Sankey road right? I heard or read somewhere that its a vegan place. Is that true? You have mentioned that the food was saatvic so it does indirectly say so I believe.
Old 11th May 2015, 20:37   #3369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
This is on the road which connects Cauvery junction to Sankey road right?...
Yes, thats the location, one tip to reach this place is to take the straight road at the in famous Subramanaya's folly ( read magic box) if your coming from BDA and park your vehicle in the bylanes near the park.
I am not sure if the place is vegan , but its pure veg and has no onions and garlic in the preparations, we call it non-ebay type of food ( no erulli (onions) , bellulli (garlic))
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 04:42   #3370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Had been to Rahhams some time ago for their famous Biryani, Went there at 8:30 the Mutton Biryani was already over, only chicken was available so ordered that.

Taste- It was disappointment for me, the biryani was bland, I am not sure if this is a different style of Biryani. The side dish/Sherva was made of tomato and it was a tomato curry. The chicken was also very bland and rubbery.

Quantity - For 210 rupees , the rice and chicken quantity it seemed a little over priced.
I had been to their shantinagar branch once. The attitude of the manager and the waiters was so bad that I walked out straight and went to Savoury sea shell in BG road.

I think this place is completely over-hyped. I looked at the menu and yes all the items were overly priced.

Savoury sea shell have been consistent with their taste. They have been good so far. Only pain here is the parking.
Old 12th May 2015, 09:22   #3371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
I had been to their shantinagar branch once. The attitude of the manager and the waiters was so bad that I walked out straight and went to Savoury sea shell in BG road.

I think this place is completely over-hyped. I looked at the menu and yes all the items were overly priced.

Savoury sea shell have been consistent with their taste. They have been good so far. Only pain here is the parking.
This place is pathetic. I am not sure how has it ever been rated good. I live pretty close by and have tried all the usual fares.. Nothing and I mean nothing tastes nice.
Even the Tandoori Chicken is bad. The gravy dishes are bad.. The only decent thing was Rolls.

There is Hyderabad Biryani House close by which is far better.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 12th May 2015 at 09:23.
Old 12th May 2015, 09:59   #3372
BHPian

Couple of Kerala / Coastal food options

Salt Mango Tree - at the Prestige Ozone clubhouse behind Forum Value Mall - Good Kerala and continental food options, crew is courteous

Lumiere - Next to Jalsa on ORR. Try this place if you like Appam. Their tawa fries and chettinadu dish is yummy. Had mixed experience at times

Egg Factory near ITPL - Food is consistent and slightly on the cheaper side
Old 12th May 2015, 11:20   #3373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Try Nandhini in Koramangala near BDA complex. They sell this "Gun Powder". Regards Sandy.
Thanks! I had got once from Nandhini@JP Nagar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Try G.Pullareddy Sweets. They have lots of branches in Bangalore. They sell Andhra pickles and spice powders. If they dont have any available at that time, you can place an order and they will get it for you.
Thanks! This never crossed my mind. I always thought of this place for sweets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
In case the Andhra restaurants don't sell them, try the one made by Sakthi Masala, it is easily available off the shelf at most shops/supermarkets.
I know. They are not so good as these restaurants, also they are available in sachets/smaller quantities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan V G View Post
I bought gun powder from Amaravati restaurant in Chennai located Opp Music Academy..
Would it be available in Amaravati, B'lore?
Old 12th May 2015, 18:01   #3374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post

Agree on the hype, surprising reviews on Zomato though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
This place is pathetic. I am not sure how has it ever been rated good. I live pretty close by and have tried all the usual fares.. Nothing and I mean nothing tastes nice.
Even the Tandoori Chicken is bad. The gravy dishes are bad.. The only decent thing was Rolls.

There is Hyderabad Biryani House close by which is far better.
Never has a chicken sacrificed it's life for such a pathetic biryani. There are many other options in Bangalore and the Zomato ratings are a little suspicious.
Old 17th May 2015, 08:57   #3375
BHPian

An article in Sunday times on food trucks. Would be interested to know their location.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-img_20150517_0826092.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks